6 – Failed Cooperation
121 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late update. Happy April Fools Day!

"Hey system, why didn't you give me something like a mission?" Joshua asked the system. Usually, the system in the novel he read always gives its host a new mission each time, even an impossibly hard mission.

But the system he got didn't even give him a mission or something. Was the system he got didn't pass the quality control from the system factory?

'No mission'

Joshua was speechless seeing those two words. The system answered him giving the same vibe as 'Can't talk, I'm driving.'

"What do you mean by no mission? How do I get promoted to E Class then?"

As soon as Joshua said that, a ding sound was heard inside his head.

Road to E Class

Reach 1,000 Fanatic (60/1,000)
Reach 10,000 points of each emotion
Positive Emotion (760/10,000)
Negative Emotion (0/10,000)
Have the Basic Game Design Skill (Done)
Have the Basic System Design Skill (In Progress)

Tip: You could convert Emotional Points to Mall Points. The higher your class, the higher the Emotional Points you need.

Joshua's lip twitched. What a lazy system. Do I have to ask the system for a promotion mission each time?

"System, how many points do I need for one Mall Point? Could you show me the conversion formula?"

A long string of formula was shown in front of Joshua, that makes him dizzy.

"Forget that I asked, could you just show me the progress in percentage?"

System: ... if the system could curse, it will say 'Who the hell is the lazy one now?'

"System?" Receiving no response, Joshua asked one more time.

Ding.

Positive Emotions: 76% (needed 1,000% for promotion)
Negative Emotions : 0% (needed 1,000% for promotion)
Tip: Both emotion must reach 100% for one Mall Points Conversion.

Tip: The points could not exceed 1,000%. The limit could be increased along with your promotion

Bro Tip: Converted points do not count towards promotion progression. Convert with caution.

 ...

"We are here." Just when Joshua wants to ask the system further, they have arrived in front of the coffee shop.

Joshua lifts his head and saw the 'Sun Coffee' sign. He knows that this coffee chain just like Starbucks in his previous life.

Without wasting their time, they both chose a seat beside the windows. Julia ordered two coffee and two Sandwiches for both of them. After the waitress left, they both sat there with an awkward silence.

"Cough, so. What do you want to discuss with me?" Joshua breaks the silence.

"I want to cooperate with Miracle Game Studio," Julia said while resting her hand on the table.

"A cooperation?" Joshua intrigued.

"Yes, cooperation. You see, the reason I attend the Crimson Company is to acquire a new and promising Game Studio." Julia explained.

"So, you want to acquire my Miracle Game Studio?" Joshua said while frowning. He will resolutely refuse even though Julia is a beauty.

"Initially, yes. That was my plan before I arrived here. I want to acquire the winner's Game Studio along with its team and headquarter."

"But now, I changed my mind. I want to cooperate with Miracle Game Studio. The reason you rejected Crimson Game Company invitation is that you want to freely make a game, am I right?" Julia said with confidence.

Joshua was embarrassed. The reason he rejected is that he wants to freely play a game! Sight, let her misunderstood the situation then...

"And now, you changed your mind because I'm just a lone employee in Miracle Game Studio, and I didn't have a headquarter?" Joshua said as he received his sandwich from the waitress.

"Partially. Another reason is that I believe Miracle Game Studio will become a Company Giant in the future." Julia elaborates further. 'Also, because you're so handsome' she adds inside her heart.

"How do you propose about the cooperation?" Joshua asked. He already thinking about the benefits of the cooperation.

"Investment, talent, channel. You named it, I will provide it." Julia said with her usual nouveau riche style.

"How much do you want to invest? How many talents can you provide? How big is the channel influence?" Joshua's interest is piqued. If they really could cooperate, then he only needs to make a game occasionally. He then could push the business side to Julia and continue gaming!

Julia opens her mouth and wanted to brag, but suddenly, she froze. She just realized that she currently ran away from home. And all of her sources of money, talents, and channel are from her family!

'What should I do? What should I do? How did I forget the most important things when I ran away from home?!' Her eyes redden and she started to cry.

Joshua was bewildered. 'What the hell, why did this girl start crying? I just asked about our cooperation! Where did I do wrong?' Joshua panicked as he didn't know what to do.

"Hey, it's good to be young. It's okay, girl. It's normal for a couple to argue occasionally. Don't leave him on impulse." An old lady sat next to their table patted Julia's back and gave Julia a tissue.

Julia stopped crying and she felt awkward. But then she blushed and thanked the old lady as she received the tissue. She wipes her tears and just sobbing.

"Young man, you are so handsome, just like my late husband when he was young. Do take care of her, don't let her leave you." The old woman obviously saw Julia brought her suitcase and thought that Julia wanted to break up with Joshua.

Joshua also felt awkward and knew what the old lady means. But he lazy to argue with the senile old woman and just nodded. The old woman returned to her table happily, thinking that she made a good deed preventing a couple from breaking up.

"Why are you crying?" When Julia stop sobbing, Joshua asked with concern.

"I... I forgot that I ran away from home and..." Julia sulkily buried her head inside her hand.

"Ah, I see..." Joshua now understood. Of course, she didn't have anything with her now because she ran away from home.

"But I have a villa with my name on it. And also some savings in my account!" Julia said. The villa was a birthday gift from her mother when she turned 18.

"Alright, alright, alright. Don't cry anymore. Why don't we do this, I will sell 30% of my share to you in exchange for the villa. But, I have one additional condition. You must manage the business side, and I will only take care of the product department." Joshua thought a little bit and said.

"A.. Are you serious?" Julia saw him with disbelief in her eyes.

"Yes, I am. Besides, I just want to happily gaming... I mean making a game. Then miss, what do you say?"

"I accept!" She was happy. She wants to prove to her family that she could become successful without her family's help. And also, she didn't mind managing the company, because it is her specialty!

"Oh right, I haven't learned your name yet," Joshua asked 

"I am Julia. What about you?" Julia said.

"Joshua. Well, Miss Julia. Welcome to Miracle Game Studio." Joshua stretches his hand.

They both shake their hand and felt that they getting closer to each other. Maybe it's because they both ran away from home?

3