Chapter 0002 「Sad life of a Tree-I 」
462 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So.......main story-line will begin after 2-3 bizarre and random chapters of Sad life of a Tree.

When a person cannot move freely. When a person gets trapped in the middle of a forest as a tree, with nothing to do, except stare at the sun or gaze at the moon, and has no one else to talk with. Then, that person starts to change.

“So, you think you are all mighty.”

“Must feel good, being the tallest tree in the forest.”

Lucius peered at the tree a few meters besides him. The wind brushed past the trees, twitching its branches.

“Tsk, look at that bastard and its smug twitch.”

“Ha, enjoy your time, but a day shall come when I outgrow you!Spus!”

Spus was the name of the tallest tree. Having nothing else to do, Lucius named some of the trees that stood out. Spus was the tallest. Simmon was the one with blue leaves. Lucius didn’t like the fact that Simmon possessed more beautiful leaves than his own. Blolpetto was an average tree. But, Lucius didn’t like the fact that blue glowworms gathered around Blolpetto and gave it a majestic look. Similarly, there were Atlanta, Pline, Oufyibab, Iofokkum.

“….”

“What the fuck am I doing?”


“Exp! Exp! I Need Exp!!”

“A Supreme being like me, losing his time in a forest like this!”

“Still 0 EXP, come on, just how many hours left until the sunlight absorption quest gets completed?”

The moon rose; it was now night time.

〚Synergy Production- 0.000102/sec〛

“What? It decreased by like 5 times!”

“Curse the moon. If only it reflected more sunlight than the sun itself”


Next day


“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

“@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@##@#@#@#.”

About 10 meters farther, he spotted two humans running. They conversed in a language he did not understand.

“Ah, finally some alive beings.”

Across the forest, they ran. Both wore light black armor.

They finally stopped and took shade under a tree.

〚+1 EXP〛 x2

“Finally, some exp!”

“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

“Hey, if you gonna take shelter under my shade, then at least converse in a language I know.”

But of course, they could not hear him since Lucius could not speak.

Both of them sweated, their muscles twitched. One of them took out a dagger.

“They..”

“They would not dare!!!!!!!!!”

The man brought the shiny white dagger closer towards the trunk.

“I swear if they so much as touch!!!!!!”

The man stabbed the tree a little deep and marked a tilted line.

“fucdjwdjsjlejdeldjeldjlaeidj, you bastard!”

Lucius raged, some of the branches twitched, and leaves fell.

The man pulled out the dagger and stabbed it again, marking a cross-like symbol.

More leaves shed from the trees. Both looked above and saw the broad branches twitching. They blinked rapidly with a confused look.

“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

Then they both left.

“How dare they! For them to stab my gracious body. But—” If Lucas had a face, then it would have a look of twisted smug right now “—their cursed faces are now imprinted on my mind. And once I regain my true form. Then first their loved ones…no their entire race…they going down.”

“Oh…wait”

Since the moment, the mighty Edg…Evil lord had turned into a tree. His instincts also had turned tree-like.

Fresh new wood emerged around the cross mark made using the dagger. Soon, the tree healed itself.

“Regeneration!! Hella ya”

Then a thought came upon his mind. People marked trees to keep track of their location. But since the tree healed itself…

“They gonna get off-tracked! This is retribution, you bugs!”

They did get lost. When they returned, they looked for the marking but did not find any. And in the end, they went the wrong way.

“Retribution Fulfilled!” His branches fluttered in excitement. “Now, they better encounter some monster and get killed… no-no that won’t be enough. They should get infected with some disease, and return home and spread the disease to their family, no to their entire race and go extinct. Yes. That’s true retribution!”

Lucius kept thinking of scenarios that would please his mind, but something he didn’t expect happened.

“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

“@#@#@#@#@#@.”

They both returned. And this time they were not empty-handed. On their hands, shining jewels and a map. On their head, a crown filled with gems. On their body, golden shining armor. On their faces, happy smiles.

Seeing that sight, Lucius thought, “Fuccccccccc.”

Upon the sky, he could almost see the dust of cloud with mustache grinning at him.

“Curse their lucks!”

Looking at the maps, they returned using the right paths.

Lucius raged, seeing his master plan fail. Although he could not do anything with that rage since he was a tree.

But something good did happen that day.

“Grow My Body! Grow!”

Lucias clenched all his fibers. He had absorbed sunlight for a while and gained synergy.

The branches expanded. Lucias poured every fiber of his being, his energy, his very soul to try and become the tallest tree. And he did grow! But…..the branches extended towards the side, and the truck got thicker. He grew in width but not in height.

Nothing good happened.

11