[6]
3.1k 4 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goblin chief couldn't understand how the strange creature could be so strong despite them both being in the Bronze realm.

His arm trembled as he tried to climb to his feet, however his stump, where his arm was severed kept spouting out blood like a fountain.

"Ahhhhh!" With an enraged roar, the goblin chief charged at Isaac, who had landed lightly and crouched low, ready to counterattack.

'Hobgoblins are really not that different from goblins. He's so angry that the little intelligence he had is all but gone.' 

Isaac squinted and leapt forward, his body turning into a black blur as he went from still to full speed in a few seconds.

The goblin chief and Isaac clashed midair, and then both landed heavily, Isaac sporting a scratch on his skull.

The goblin chief slowly turned around and glared at Isaac, who simply waved his tail with a nonchalant air around him.

Just as the goblins were getting ready for another clash, the goblin chief spat out a mouthful of black blood, his eyes never leaving Isaac's motionless form.

A goblin hurriedly ran over to the chief, but before he could arrive, the goblin chief's head tilted to the side and tumbled off his neck.

The goblin nearest to the goblin chief was doused in blood as the goblin chief fell to the side, his head on the ground still sporting his furious expression.

'Well, that's that. I need to leave and find a way to gather information.' Isaac wasn't interested in spending his time killing the goblins at all.

As he crawled over to them, they instantly made a path for him, some even scurrying away in fear. Isaac chuckled, sounding more like a predatory hiss than anything, making the nearby goblins freeze in fear.

The sky didn't look that different from Earth. A star also lit up the world, however it seemed to be a bit bigger than Earth's sun.

'It's daytime, and I'm of here tramping through the woods... I might as well cross acting cool off my list. How am I supposed to save the damsel in distress that I will undoubtedly meet if I look scarier than the monster attacking her?'

Having read the holy scripts that is webnovels, Isaac knew the common tropes normally associated with an isekai, however he couldn't be too sure that it would happen.

After deciding to stick to moving in the tree tops, Isaac actually moved faster as he tore through the canopy, his body hidden in the leaves.

...

In a town not far from the forest surrounded by a stone wall that seemed to be naturally erected sat Rick and Alfred, both of who wore gloomy expressions.

"So you mean to say, he ran off and died and you don't even know what killed him?" The guild's vice leader asked with contempt in his voice.

As a true peak Silver ranked adventurer, he could be the star wherever he chose to go in this backwards kingdom. Even the guild master had just reached the early stage of Gold rank.

Because of the power they wielded, they were given positions of power to pacify them by the kingdom's king. Who wouldn't want a strong armed force in their country that deals with monsters?

 

79