[11]
2.5k 0 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac didn't stop moving as he seemed to still be bursting with energy. He had noticed that the evening was approaching as the sun started to sink.

'I can blend in better at night. Maybe I could even sneak into a village or town at night. Judging from the dead body that was there when I came to, there should be nearby human settlements.'

As the sun descended and the skies darkened, Isaac who had been moving at breakneck speed came to a stop as the number trees started to grow lesser.

Crawling down the tree, he marveled at how easy it was to stay on the tree as if it were flat ground. Gravity still applied to him, but his strength was sufficient to resist the pull of gravity.

After reaching a few meters from the ground, he leapt down and landed silently, his mind's image rapidly updating as he sensed around.

After a few minutes of walking, the trees had all but vanished, leaving flat ground spreading outwards past his sensory range.

'Damn, this is gonna suck. Unless I can follow a human back to the village or town, I might not be able to find a settlement.'

His vision couldn't detect things at a distance as he relied on sound and temperature to perceive things.

'Maybe if I get stronger, I'll be able to gain sight or something, being in darkness all the time sucks.' Isaac continued to move forward, not the least bit affected by the slightly colder breeze on the plains.

...

The door swung open and Alfred and Rick walked into the Adventurer's Guild carrying the husk, drawing the eyes of everyone.

"What the hell is that thing?!" Someone closer to the door yelled as he gazed at the husk with fear on his face. Despite it not being alive, an aura was still emitted from the husk.

"Calm down, this is most likely left behind from whatever killed Jack. There were multiple other husks indicating either this creature has an extremely quick grown period, or that there was more than one."

When the Adventurers below Bronze rank looked at the husk, they couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, with sweat running down their back.

Below Bronze rank was the Normal Class adventurers who had yet to begin channeling their inner energy. The weird creature husk that slightly resembled a human made those weaker than it feel fear.

Fear that came from their very being, as if their bodies somehow knew that whatever it was, it was a superior existence to them!

"Okay make way, we need to get this to the Clerk and see if she knows what it is." Rick said aloud and everyone who had been crowded dispersed a bit.

Walking up to the desk, Rick greeted the secretary and then placed the husk on the counter. Despite their enhanced strength due to being at Bronze rank, they had carried it for several hours and felt their arms cramping.

"I'll go get Drew." The secretary turned and vanished into the room behind the desk, leaving Rick and Alfred with wry smiles.

"She's quite cute, it's a pity she's a secretary or I'd try to court her." Alfred said while Rick gave him a disdainful look.

"Bah! You look like a block of muscle and you talk about courting the Adventurers Guild Secretary? How about you go look at yourself in a puddle of piss."

Someone closer to the desk yelled back with a laugh, making Rick shake his head in helplessness while Alfred just laughed.

63