Chapter 1 : Waking up in a strange room
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rey Hadrian

I remember clearly before I woke up in this strange place. Shera and I are working on the final touches for the 'Last Hope' story in my apartment. However, here I am now. A strange room that looks nothing but pitch black. When I was trying to find a way out, a blue projector screen appeared before me. This screen is similar to the one in the Sci-fi film. If I call this alien technology it's also not too far fetch, maybe. The projector screen shows CCTV-like footage but at the same time looks like highlights of a character in a film. It is as if someone is flying with a camera to shoot this footage. But that's not the thing that surprised me, the thing that surprised me was the girl that was highlighted on.

I'm pretty sure that girl is Syena, the main character of the story I worked on before ending up in this strange place. Her long, straight black hair reached to her hips. The dark blue eyes that looked like they were a night sky,  and the school uniform I clearly designed for the 'Last Hope' story. She is Syena, there is no mistaking it. But why is Syena's, much more, realistic recording appear from this projection screen? Am I dreaming now?. Maybe I'm dreaming. From the start, this room had been very strange. There could be no room like this in the real world. In addition, this projection screen suddenly appeared before me. I didn't see any projector in this room at all.

I drew closer to the projection screen, a projection keyboard suddenly appeared before me. Immediately, a file opens and shows me the manuscript of 'Last Hope' is in front of me. Next to the manuscript is the recording I saw earlier. Every word that I wrote and revised with Shera last night was written very neatly in front of me.

"What is this?..."

That is the only word I could utter upon seeing this. Whether this is a dream or not, I really don't understand what I'm seeing right now.

"The Writer .." A woman's voice suddenly sounded in my ear.

I looked around but saw no one.

"The power that can change destiny and reality." The voice continued.

"A great power that is very dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. You are currently in the sub-dimension of The Writer."

"The Writer ??, a dangerous power?? ..." I said.

"Put your strength to good use, Rey Hadrian."

After saying that, the voice disappeared and did not speak again. I totally don't understand what she's saying. She left a vague and cryptic message. What's more, she didn't tell me how to get out of this strange place. I then look at the edge of the screen. I saw a button that said 'Close'. I didn't see the mouse and pointer, so I thought I could touch them with my fingers. When I touched the button, a message appears.

[Error ... Unregistered character. Please enter a name to continue]

Uh ... what is this ?. Forget it, I just wanna get out of this place. I also filled in my name in the column provided. Next, I was asked to fill in the date of birth. After that...

[Rey Hadrian's relationship with Syena]

I'm confused about how to fill in this column. The creator ?, yes I am the creator. I was about to write that, but this column is an optional one. Several options are listed, brother, sister, father, and childhood friend. I can't be Syena's father. I wrote Syena was born in the same year as me, so it's impossible for me to become Syena's father. Brother is still possible, but siblings of the same age are usually half brothers or twins. I don't really like that. So the only choice left is of course a childhood friend. Somehow I thought too much about this choice. Choosing either won't change anything after I filled in all the information.

The black room then faded away. I sighed, finally exiting the black room. But only a moment later I could only frown at the room where I was. This place is not my room, this room is very foreign to me. But somehow there was a familiar feeling in my heart when I saw this room. This room is definitely not the apartment I live in. This room is not too big but not too small. A bed was in the corner of the room next to the door. under the foot of the bed, a desk and computer on it leaned against the wall. On the left side of the table was a wardrobe made of wood. Apart from that, this room looks ordinary, not much decoration at all.

I then looked up at the bed. A school uniform was folded on the bed. I am very familiar with the uniform design. I can only fall and sit on a chair. Weirdly enough, I was pretty sure this chair wasn't behind me before. 

"Ian, have you finished changing your clothes ??."

A woman's voice came from outside the door. I don't know who this Ian is, but what I know is the owner of this room is not me but Ian. I then panicked, if that woman saw me here, she might call the police. Without thinking at all, I hid in the wardrobe. The next moment, the sound of the door opening was heard.

"What? ... where is he?".

I heard the sound of her footsteps approaching the wardrobe

"Huh, does he really not want to go to school. Okay, I'll give up. I will not force him."

The sound of her footsteps then fade away, and the sound of the door closing was heard. I sighed and thought everything was safe. However ...

"Gotcha!!!"

The woman suddenly opens the wardrobe where I was hiding. In shock, I shouted loudly. But quickly the woman closed my mouth. Right now I was sweating with fear of what would happen next.

"Gosh, you don't have to scream that loud. Hurry up and put your uniform on !!, breakfast is ready !!. Today is the first day you will enroll in your new school. Don't be lazy!!."

Hearing that, I can only be silent.

"What are you doing standing there daydreaming, quickly put on your uniform now!!"

The woman tugged at the neck of my shirt and threw me onto the bed. She... She's quite strong.

 

"Hurry up!! Your mother can't be patient anymore with your lazy behavior !!"

After saying that, the woman walked out.

"Mother..?"

I was silent for a moment, but a moment after that I changed my clothes to the uniform on the bed. I saw a bag on the desk chair. Without thinking I took it. When I exited the room, I saw a nameplate in front of the door.
 
[Rey Hadrian (Ian)]
 
My eyes twitched at the nameplate. Ian is apparently is my nickname. Seeing the current condition. Am I dreaming right now ?. But all of this seems very real for a dream. The school uniform I'm wearing right now is also familiar to me. This is the same school uniform from 'Last Hope'. In other words, the school where Syena attends. I really don't want to think about what kind of situation I am in. Even though I already know the answer, I refuse to accept it.
 
I walked towards the dining room. Ther,e I saw the woman who entered my room. From the words I heard earlier, it seems like she is my sister in this current situation. Then where is the mother that my sister mentioned?.
 
"Mother..?"
 
I said that without realizing it.
 
"Yes?" Answer the woman who I thought is my sister.
 
Hearing that answer, I stood speechless. My eyes opened wide in shock and couldn't believe what I had just heard.
 
"Mother?."
 
Once again I said that.
 
"What is it, Ian? Why did you call me twice even though I already answered?."
 
I then walked and sat down at the dining table with no expression on my face. My 'mother' looked at me with a strange look, as if asking what was on this child's mind. If you want to know, what is on my mind is, you as my mother? .. You look so young. If you are my sister, I still can accept that, but mother ?!
 
"Finish your breakfast quickly, otherwise you'll be late. I'll be going to work too. I'll put the key in the usual place. And also, if you meet Syena, give my greetings to her. It has been soo long since the last time I see her."
 
The woman who is my mother then kissed my forehead.
 
"All right, mom will go now. Remember this is your first day, do not skip school!"
 
My 'mother' then exited the house. I just sat there and stared blankly at the door from which she exited. My mind can't digest all these strange things at once. Plus, when I saw...uh... my mother. I feel like I am about to fall for her at the first sight. Her face is very beautiful and charming. With brown eyes and long black hair. I feel like confessing to her. But I can't do that, firstly I didn't have the courage to confess. Secondly, she is currently my mother. Now, it's very clear that I'm inside the story right now. I just can't accept all of this that easily.
 
In the end, I accept it and go to school. Strangely, I know exactly where my school is located. As if the memory was planted in my head. I am very grateful that the case. If not, I'll go around town looking for this school. I think traveling around town is too much. While I walked towards an intersection. I was hit by a woman running from the right side of the road. Long black hair straight down and dark blue eyes like a night sky. I recognized this look very well.
 
"Syena ?! .."
 
Without realizing it, I blurted the woman's name.
 
Thanks for reading... And if you see any weird choice of word or just plain grammatical error, please let me know in the comment

2