Volume 1 Chapter 23
5.5k 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23

What kind of place is the House of Xiang Wan? Hey, hey, as the name implies [1], it’s a brothel. A place that specializes in providing pleasures to men.

For it to become the most renowned romantic place, House of Xiang Wan is being backed by powerful and rich government officials. Not only that, but it also have cutting edge facilities and facility equipment much better than the normal courtesan establishments.

The courtesans inside the establishment are of course, fragrant and alluring. They were like s.h.i.+mmering jewels! Not only they are the best of the best in terms of looks, but their talents and wits are also top-notched. In addition, the building of the House of Xiang Wan are divided into two main sets, in other words, the east and west wing. The east wing is the hall dedicated for entertaining guests with singing and dancing performances. The west wing are the bedrooms where the flower girls can invite their guests to stay for the night. In between the two halls is a small courtyard decorated with a picturesque scene of a small waterfall, a big willow tree, and flower fields.

So with this kind of resourceful area, how can the House of Xiang Wan be not popular? How can men not flock this place like wild gooses?

As soon as the palanquin touches the ground, Zi Li rushes to come out of it. Behind him was Hong Qing who followed him, stroking the redden scratch marks on his face feeling wronged. He tidied up his disheveled clothes that was messed up by Zi Li’s rampage.

“Jin Yu Xiong[2], why did you get angry? Did you have to claw my face?”

Zi Li ignored him with a dark expression.

“Xiao Yu’er[3]“

“Go away! I’m not your palace eunuch to be calling me in that sickening name!” Zi Li finally snapped and shouted back at him in rage.

“But Xiao Yu’er is better!”

“Don’t call me that! You are only allowed to call me in my family name.”

The moment Lian Pan got down from his palanquin, he was watching the strange mood between Zi Li and Hong Qin. It was making him a bit puzzled, but he thought it was better not to mention about it and only diverted the topic to him with a flattering choices of words: “Prince, Jin Yu Xiong, I heard that there’s an exquisitely beautiful girl inside the House of Xiang Wan. Not only she is proficiently well in four arts(zither, painting, calligraphy, go), but her dancing is exceptionally gorgeous as well! She also acquired the excellent technique of Tuina[4] ma.s.sage and had skillfully used that to make men of all ages peacefully relax! Since we have visited today, it would be better to have a try of this beauty, shall we?”

To be honest, Zi Li never intended to go with this Lian Pan to the brothel. His original plan was once he got out of the palace thanks to the invitation, he then will look for a chance to slip away, and secretly roam around the streets to buy fake human face, short beard, fake eyebrows, and so on for his disguise kit. He didn’t expect to run to Hong Qing halfway, and being stubbornly followed after.

Not only that, he even crammed himself beside Zi Li that he could not move an inch. Now that this great opportunity had been reduced to waste, how can Zi Li not be p.i.s.sed? So Zi Li was in a foul temper that Lian Pan’s presentation of the place did not registered in his ear! He simply glared at the ninth prince beside him who had an inquisitive expression written in his face.

Lian Pan could not help but wonder: If this was the Bei Ling prince from before, that was no less lecherous than me who was listening to my great deed, he will definitely have an excited expression all over his face and will urge me to get on with it. But what’s with his reaction today? Not only he was lacking a pleased expression, he was also creasing his brow. Did I offended him in some point?

Zi Li was not interested in going inside the brothel, but Hong Qing was extremely excited about it. Hong Qing had already reached the age of 21, but towards this kinds of things, his knowledge about it only came from his imagination, mostly because the purity of the younger brother’s heart was protected by his Huang Xiong. Hong Xu believed that a man entering the brothel looking for a good time is not that of a big deal, since its only common for a man to do so.

But it’s another matter when it comes to his pure younger brother. How can he allow Hong Qing to recklessly mingle in a place oozing with rotting impurity? So he banned Hong Qing from going to these kind of places. Hong Qing was a teenager at that time so he obediently complied, and all those years, he never set a single foot in this places. But he suddenly tagged along all because of Zi Li going here. Due to the singing and dancing he saw from within, as well as the bustling noises and scenes of drinking people, he can’t refrain himself from getting excited.

There’s no need to provoke Zi Li more, so Lian Pan turned his attention to Hong Qing who had an eager look on his face : “The ninth prince is interested yet not going in? How about having this lowly official show you the way?”

Hong Yu had not yet replied, when suddenly, a girl with a charming smile like a blossoming peach walk out of the establishment and greeted them: “Oh, if it isn’t his highness An Jin Yu and sir Lian Pan? What seems to be the problem to be standing outside?”

Lian Pan went to her and laughingly holding and pinching her waist: “Isn’t it because miss Xiao Tao still haven’t welcomed us?”

“Oh! You sir sure is naughty! Pinching this lowly servant till it hurts!” She took the advantage to latch onto his body while speaking.

“Painful? Here, let this old man ma.s.sage it!” Such a pervert reaching towards her chest and directly rubbing it like it was logical.

Zi Li and Hong Qing simultaneously s.h.i.+vered at the sight, then their faces furiously flushed.

“Ah! Your highness An Jin Yu, how long has it been since you last visited Hong Ying?” The next moment, a tender charming woman came out and throws herself on Zi Li’s embrace and hugged his arm, pouting  coquettishly like a small child.

It gave Zi Li a headache, his body turning stiff. At this point, he can’t say “Miss, would you please let go” since it would be nonsense. With no other choice, he just lets her hug him while she rubs her soft chest on his body.

“Ah! ——it hurts!” Then two seconds later, a big hand suddenly extended from the side and gripped Hong Ying’s wrists holding on to Zi Li’s body and pulling it away.

Hong Qing was p.i.s.sed off as he dragged that girl to the side then pulled Zi Li to his side. He said to her: “Don’t you touch him like that.” ——

Bonbon translation notes:

[1] The direct translation of House of Xiang Wan is ‘House of grace and fragrance’ hence the name implies because the courtesans are graceful and fragrant.
Oh yea, I change pub to House…⏎

[2] In the previous chapter, I translated it as brother. It’s like a honorifics ‘Ge/Di’ but more formal.
I reverted it back because brother is too casual for its translation.⏎

[3] Xiao is an informal and casual way of addressing people you’re familiar with. Then adding ‘er’ at the and of the name is a playful way of calling someone’s name, it’s not advisable to call other’s name with that suffix unless you are very close to that person, since it might imply that you are not showing them respect.
Hence why Zi Li is p.i.s.sed at Hong Qing at calling him Xiao Yu’r(er).⏎

[4] The explanation of Tuina Ma.s.sage is rather long, but basically its a combination of chinese ma.s.sages and accupunctures. More details here if your interested to know more.⏎

Bonbon wanted to say:

Could it be that Hong Qing will be the second male lead? Uh oh, better step up your game onii-san!

I’ll be firing up my keyboard after this so I think I can upload tomorrow as well

6