Volume 2 Chapter 5
5.3k 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

Zi Li couldn’t even remember what happened after that. His mind had shut itself down so that he could escape the reality of the bloody scene in front of him. He wanted to hide in a place where he could see no evil and hear no evil.

He only recovered from the shock once he had stepped into his bedroom in haze. After bracing himself on the wall, he went to pour himself a cup of tea with trembling hands, and emptied the ice-cold tea to his mouth, flowing down to his dried throat. His heart shaking from fear was somehow alleviated for a little bit.

Such a terrifying man!

That eyes of his seemed like it could see through Zi Li’s anxiety.

Don-don’t tell me he already know that I’m thinking of running away so he deliberately staged that torture as a warning? But I never told anyone about it, so how did he found out?

Zi Li was puzzled and unsure of what is Hong Xu’s intentions. He was at his wits end and he really don’t know what he should do now. Should he just take the tyrant’s warning and obediently stay here and let himself be pampered?

No, no way. Su Zi Li is not someone who would easily yield to someone in power! Just because he was threatened by that man for unknown reasons for the first time, he had became a coward and backs down. Would he give up his fight for his freedom and just cower here, becoming a caged bird?

When he thought about that, Zi Li lost and anxious expression gradually became determined!

“You’re highness its time to drink your medicine!” The horrors of the torture early in the morning still lingered in the hearts of Ming Yue, Chun Lan, and the other maidservants. They weren’t in their usual chirpy enthusiasm as they served him. The silently welcomed Mo Shou outside the room then reported his arrival to Zi Li.

After a short while, the door opened and Zi Li was standing in front of them. He gave all of them a sweeping glance and said: “I got this, no need wait upon me. You may all go!” After saying that, he pulled Mo Shou inside the room and shut the door.

“How did it go? Did you get the medicine?” Zi Li turned around, and asked with urgency like he needs the toilet.

“En.” Mo Shou nodded then slipped his hand into his sleeves and took out a small bottle of medicine. He handed it to Zi Li and and said, “Although Mo Shou don’t know for what purpose big brother Su ask me to get this, but Mo Shou would like to give a caution to big brother Su. The medicine powder must never be diluted in water. Otherwise, its effect won’t be itchiness but a potent acidic toxin!”

“En, thanks for letting big brother Su knows! Thank you, Mo Shou! You really helped big brother Su a great deal!” Zi Li patted the boy’s shoulder.

Mo Shou was blushing slightly as he smiled back.

“Oh, big brother Su, please drink your medicine!”

 

“Sure.” Zi Li’s line of sight shifted towards that cup of vile medicine juice. He summoned up the courage and drank it up.

As expected, the same old drama played out after that (aka he puked). He drank several cups of tea to wash it down and the discomfort was slightly alleviated. Zi Li watches as Mo Shou strokes his back comfortingly and complained: “Can you ask that physician Li why can’t he just turn those medicine juice into pills? He insists on making people drink this smelly murky liquid!”

“Ah! It’s exactly what big brother Su said, I just learned that sir Li was experimenting with pills! It’s just that he’s not sure if the experimental pills is safe to give to big brother Su!”

“Ah…forget about it. You better go back quick, or you might get scolded for being late!”

“En, okay. Then Mo Shou asks permission to leave.”

“Wait, wait! Mo Shou”

“Eh? Anything else big brother Su needs?”

“No, big brother Su only wish to have a good look at you again. Mo Shou musn’t tell anyone that I’m your big brother Su and we are close. If someone ask, just tell them that you’re only acquainted with me for delivering medicines a few times, ok?”

“En, Mo Shou understands!”

“Good, you may go!”

“I’m hoping that I won’t implicate you by being your big brother Su!” After closing the door once again, Zi Li murmured to himself.

“Xiao Yu’er, I’m so happy! I thought you won’t pay attention to me anymore. I didn’t expect that you would take the initiative to invite me!” Hong Qing laughs with his chin up while sitting across Zi li. Just as he was getting out of bed, someone informed him that the Bei Ling prince had sent someone to pass a message. Hong Qing didn’t even wash his face before running out to meet his guest. Afterwards, he ran back and cleaned himself up in the fastest speed he could, then he practically flew into the wind from his palace towards the imperial palace.

They were currently sitting inside the capital’s famous restaurant, the Elegant Pavilion, during lunchtime(11am-1pm). Varieties of the restaurant’s specialties were spread out on their table, but Zi Li had other things in his mind and he didn’t have any interest in eating any of these cuisines. He only pinched some with his chopsticks to try it, then gulps it down by drinking tea.

“Xiao Yu’er, don’t drink too much, you’ll feel full soon and you won’t be able to eat more! Here, here, try this simmer fried meatballs.”

Zi Li puts down his cup, and lets out a hiccup. He said: “I’m thirsty! Waiter, more tea!”

“Sure, Young master!” The waiter promptly filled Zi Li’s cup to the brim with (chinese) oolong tea, then customarily stood to the side and waits for more orders.

 

“Thirsty? Then you should try this sweet and sour pork with pickled plum, it can stop the salivating causing thirstiness!” Hong Qing busied himself with putting the meatballs topped with pickled plum sauce on Zi Li’s bowl.

“Hic!” Zi Li lets out a hiccup from being full. He said: “I need to go to the bathroom, excuse for a sec! Waiter, lead the way.”

“Sure. Right this way please, young master!” The waiter promptly walked ahead to show him the way.

Zi Li followed behind and acted like he was irritated while saying: “Waiter, aren’t we there yet? I can’t hold it anymore!”

“Yes, yes!”

He was swiftly inspecting the area while walking. He was making sure that there isn’t any spy sent by that pervert following behind them and monitoring him. Once he’s reaasurred, Zi Li breathes in relief.

“Waiter” As they turned to a corner, Zi Li called the attention of the older waiter.

“The young master can’t hold it anymore, so move quickly!” The waiter thought that Zi Li was rushing him to the bathroom so he quicken his pace while humoring him.

“Stop, I have something I want you to do for me right now.” Zi Li then took out a silver coin and places it in the waiter’s hand, “this is just half of the payment. Once you completed my request, you’ll get the other half, how about it?”

The moment Zi Li handed the waiter a silver coin worth two month’s of his salary, the waiter attitude became more deferential as he replied: “Please do tell what request the young master is asking for this humble waiter, I will do my best to carry it through for the young master!”

“Great!” Zi Li had already written a list earlier on and handed it to the waiter: “We will be leaving in a moment, so help me buy all the things written in there and store it in a safe place for me. After that, assist me with reserving a room here. In about three days or more later, I’ll come back again. Once you have given all the stuff to me, I’ll pay you the other half! But it’s important that you musn’t let anyone know about it!”

“Please rest assured young master! I will definitely keep this confidential.” ——


Bonbon wanted to say:

Looks like Zi Li is accepting the challenge of escaping in the highest difficulty with no possible retries after a game over haha~

I hope you enjoy this as well~

Stay tuned for the next update. And I also would like to give my thanks to the readers updating the NU for me, I completely forgot about doing that months ago and I was pleasantly surprised when it was up to date when I checked it a while ago ?

 
6