10-Encounter
75 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two months have passed since Leo and Naya had left the Village of hope. Apart from the one time Leo had lost control over his powers creating a new death zone, things had been going smoothly so far. 

Naya could now hunt wolves, though never an entire pack. She could still take down two by her own. One had to note that the size of said wolves was larger than that of those Leo was familiar with from earth. 

Using his newest skill, Divine sense, he had been able to help pick her opponents, never leading her to a fight he was not confident in her winning. And so with the experience of hunting down predators, Naya was quickly growing. 

"Hey Leo, how much more before we leave the forest?" She asked.

Letting out a long tired sigh, Leo replied. 

"No matter how many times you ask, the answer will always be the same, I don't know." He said.

"Ahhhh~ I'm bored! And you said I can take on a bear, but there is no sign of any!" She pouted. 

He had to agree, though the forest was without a doubt pretty, he was slowly getting tired of the same scenery, and so did Naya. Yet he truly had no idea how long they had left before reaching the end of the so-called great southern forest, the lack of any map did not help either. 

"Hmm?" 

Turning around, Leo could feel as if someone or something was watching him. He had this feeling since before he stepped into the Village of hope, at first he thought it was nothing but him being overly sensitive, yet the feeling prevailed. He did not like it. 

His eyes darted between the giant trees, yet failed to spot anyone, or anything for that matter, all that greeted him was the wall of trees and vegetation.

"What's wrong Leo? Again with that creepy feeling?" Asked Naya as she stepped in closer to look at him. Ever since they started their journey, the duo slowly found themselves growing closer. 

To Naya, Leo was something akin to a mentor, and an older brother at times. And to Leo, Naya helped keep his sanity in check, every time he looked at her, he would find himself remembering Maria, would she have been happy to see what he was doing? To see how he was trying to protect someone instead of killing...

"En, It's close." He replied the strange presence was closer than ever. 

"Do you want to try that?" She whispered. 

"On three," Leo answered. 

Nodding, Naya gulped down as her palm gently stroked her black sword. 

"Three, Two, One. NOW!" Hearing that, Naya swiftly jumped towards Leo who helped push her towards a tree behind them, before bringing both of his hands down to the ground. 

Feeling what he assumed to be the mana in his body, Leo forcefully willed it out and into the ground where it expanded like a web in all directions, acting as a scanner of sorts. 

This was different from his Divine sense skill which seemed to pick up life flames. Doing this on the other hand helped him get a sense of everything without missing any detail, the only side effect was the death zone that would be created after.

And while Leo was somewhat convinced that Naya was immune to his power, he still did not want to take any chances in case anything went wrong, which was why he had her stay away from the ground while he focused all his mana trying to find out who their mysterious stalker was. 

"There!" With an abrupt turn, Leo's body seemed to turn into a blur for a second as he swiftly pounced towards a spot in the ground while sending out a punch. 

"Huh?" A surprised voice yelled out as Leo's punch landed true creating a small crater in the ground.

"Naya!" He called out, as a shadow hurriedly ran out. 

Hearing her name, Naya pounced from the now-dead tree branch and slashed with her sword at the escaping shadow. 

Clang

The sound of metal meeting metal rang out across the forest as Naya was forced away by the impact, yet Leo who was behind her quickly reached out and grabbed her before jumping at the mysterious figure. 

"Wait!" Called out the stranger, as they moved to avoid Leo.

"Hmm?" Hearing them talk, Leo frowned as he studied the figure holding her hands up at him. 

It looked like a fairy? He couldn't tell whether it was a he or she, as the stranger was even shorter than Naya, with shoulder-length green hair, a pair of glowing wings, and a robe that strangely seemed to be made of leaves.

Looking at the fairy's hands, Leo could see them change from roots to a more normal human hand, as the fairy gave an awkward smile. Naya's eyes were almost glowing as she stared at the stranger with undisguised curiosity, while Leo was still on guard, it seemed like the fairy could shapeshift his or her body to what looked like tree roots? And was easily able to repel Naya's sword attack.

"Who are y-" Before he could finish asking his question, Naya jumped out.

"You are a Free Angel! It's a Free Angel, look, Leo, look it's a Free Angel!" She said excitedly.

"A Free Angel?" He muttered with a frown. 

Seeing at how Naya had recognized it, the Free Angel's stiff smile slowly turned into one of pride as it puffed its chest and raised its chin high. 

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Lone, a Free Angel under The Goddess Adea." He introduced himself with a bow. 

"OH! They really exist!" Said Naya unable to hide her excitement. 

"Goddess Adea?" Leo on the other hand had a frown on his shadowy face. 

"Mom says that Goddess Adea is the mother of Earth one of the four Great Gods!" Said Naya, her eyes not leaving Lone. 

"En, indeed. I am Goddess Adea's servant!" Proudly proclaimed the little Free Angel.

"Hah, and?" Flatly asked Leo.

"A-and?" 

"Why were you following us?" He asked, his death aura slowly expanding out of his body causing Lone to shiver as he took a step back.

"W-wait! It's her majesty's orders!" Abruptly replied the Angel. Something about the gray shadow in front of him felt off, he did not know the exact details, yet his Goddess had warned him to be extremely careful. 

"Explain." Coldly ordered Leo, to which Lone audibly gulped down in fear.

4