13-Fight
82 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A small figure was hurriedly dashing through the trees, a black sword in hand as it stalked a wounded bear. The bear was unlike any Leo had seen before, it easily measured over twelve feet, he estimated, and had two heads instead of one, his fur was crimson red.

As Leo followed after Naya, he soon found his worries to be needless as she chased the giant double-headed bear with a grin on her face, Lone who was watching everything from the air had a shocked expression as his eyes continued to dart between Leo and Naya. 

He did not understand why the shadow had the little girl train her body and sword so much, but when he looked back at the grinning young girl jumping between the tree branches and occasionally landing a hit on the bear leaving him roaring in agony, Lone felt as if he was looking at a real monster, not a young girl.

"Focus on its legs first." Said Leo as he quickly followed after Naya. 

He had to stay close to the fight to guide her through it, while also ensuring her own safety, another reason was that he was needed to be present when she delivered the final blow otherwise the animal would simply not die. 

"Okay!" She answered enthusiastically before swiftly jumping from the tree branch and unto the running bear while hacking her sword down. 

The bear seemingly sensing her presence suddenly turned his body around and slashed his clawed paw at the incoming sword with an enraged roar. 

"Careful!" Seeing the little girl about the come face to face with the giant bear's attack, Lone unconsciously called out to warn her. Yet it seemed like there was no need. 

Faced with the attack, Naya gracefully twisted her body to the side refraining from taking the bear's hit head-on as she easily dodged it with the help of her small nimble body before landing to the monster's side where she decisively stabbed its hind leg.

ROAR

The black sword easily penetrated the leg causing the monster to stumble before one of its heads turned to bite Naya, she calmly dodged before retreating for the trees leaving the monster roaring in anger as it limped trying to get away from her. 

"This is fun! Leo, did you see that? I almost got him!" She asked with a wide grin, her eyes never leaving her prey.

"Keep your mind on your target, a cornered animal is more dangerous than a normal one." Scolded Leo. 

"Yes, yes." To that Naya gave a quick reply as she tried to calm her excited heart.

"What in the name of Adea-" Lone on the other hand was shocked silly as he continued to watch the fight from the air. He did not understand how a little girl with a small body like hers could push a monster this far! 

Gulping down, he turned his head to look at Leo who was calmly guiding Naya throughout the battle all the while following closely behind, his fear for the shadowy figure growing stronger.  

With one of its hind legs injured, the monster's speed drastically slowed down as it struggled to keep on running. Naya however gave it no time to rest, as she kept following closely behind it.

Once she saw her chance, Naya would swiftly launch another attack, effectively adding another wound to the monster. The hunt continued for almost an hour before the twin-headed bear, unable to continue any longer slowly came to a halt. 

Naya did the same as she stood on top of a tall tree branch carefully keeping an eye on it. One of its head had lost an eye, the other an ear, various scars, and wounds were found across its giant body. The monster then turned both of its heads to stare at Naya, a hint of madness present in its eyes. 

ROAAR 

Letting out a roar full of defiance and unwillingness, the bear launched itself at the tree Naya was situated on. A loud bang ensued as the bear's giant body collided with the tree causing it to violently shake, roots coming off the ground as the tree slowly began to fall. 

"Finish it." Leo's calm voice drifted to Naya's ear from the distance as she gave a sad unwilling smile. 

She was having so much fun, she didn't want it to end already. Yet one look at the enraged bear below was enough to tell her that perhaps it was indeed time to finish this fight. 

Swiftly jumping from the branch before the tree collapsed, Naya used her momentum to flung herself downwards towards the bear while brandishing her sword. With a loud whoosh, the black sword smoothly cut of one of the bear's heads as Naya rolled on the ground to cushion her fall. 

THUD 

 

ROOAAR

A thud sounded as the head fell to the ground, followed by a roar that shook the entire forest causing distant birds to fly off. In a final act of defiance, the bear lunged at Naya with unprecedented strength leaving behind dust as it tried to take her with him. 

Seeing the giant monster rushing towards her, Naya's expression was almost bored, as she glanced at it with disappointment before coolly jumping just as it was about to reach her, with a slash of her sword, the second head was swiftly sent flying as a fountain of blood gushed out.

She gracefully landed down before flicking her black sword causing the blood to splash on the surroundings. Naya then turned to look at the dead body and then at Leo before speaking. 

"That ended too fast! I was just starting to have fun." She sulked. 

Lone who was in the air gulped down as he carefully landed while looking at the decapitated bear corpse and then back at the small innocent-looking child. 

"It's not good to play with your prey." Scolded Leo as he stepped towards the bear. 

He could feel the energy floating from its body and into him effectively strengthening him. This was something he found out after the villagers died, it seems that he would absorb 'something' into his body causing his physical and even magical ability to grow. 

Leo had no method to measure such growth, but he could feel it. Naya stuck out her tongue at him before replying. 

"I thought it would be stronger." She then turned to glance at the pale-faced Lone before continuing.

"Did you see my fight Lone? I was cool right!" She asked with a beaming smile, yet that only served to send shivers down Lone's spine as he seemed to struggle internally before giving out an awkward smile and nod in reply. 

'Just who is the real monster here.' He thought, yet dared not speak his mind. 

5