Prologue: A Monsters Ambition
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a blank ever-expanding void sat a figure sitting next to what appears to be a devilish hound. Upon closer inspection, the figure had no discernible traits no true form just a wisp in the vague shape of a person. There wasn't even a true face just more condensed darkness where eyes should have been.

 

I'm so bored!!! the figure loudly declares to no one. Somehow despite no discernible mouth noise was still produced but there was no one to directed towards for there was nothing except him in this void. All except for a single hound that gave a sad whimper at the masters' depression.

 

"Yeah I know I know Spot shouting won't get me anywhere, but come on we've been here for YEARS what's taking that bastard so long."

 

" "Hey, man can you do me a favor? you'll only be a little while" Ha bullshit a little while this feels more like a little decade."

 

Spot gave a sad whimper at the situation it found both of them stuck in. The master was right nothing changed in this void nothing new nothing bad nothing good it all was boredom alone with nothing to do.

 

Their condition was no better or no worse they had no form so no wound ever stayed even if it was self-inflicted, they never had a need for food, but all of that also meant no way to die. To escape from this eternal boredom

 

"Come on man you set a little while WELL IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!!"

 

Now the figure had gone back to screaming at this void but never getting an answer it was used merely as a failing means to find peace with the situation.

 

Spot then began to nudge its master attempting to communicate not to lose faith in the friend that had left them in the situation barking happily in an attempt to show faith in their friends' ability to help in this situation.

 

"Fine tell you what I'll give them another few years but I swear when we get out of this I'm punching his stupid face."

 

The figure completed the statement gesturing his "fist" towards whatever constituted a sky in this unchanging void. The hound barked happily at the sentiment overjoyed that the master had not lost faith even in this bleak situation. Suddenly a beep echoed throughout the void causing the two to turn deathly silent.

 

"Spot I haven't gone crazy have I? you just heard something hell anything besides my annoying voice in this Hell of boredom?Right?"

 

Spot furiously shook his head in agreement overjoyed at both something new and the hope it brought that now they could work towards the goal the Master been sent for. They both sprinted towards the sound eager to achieve their goals and it was simply something else to do.

 

The master ran furiously towards the noise muttering to himself "finally fuckin finally after so long I can actually begin." The figure glanced over to spot overjoyed they let loose a burst of maniac laughter while the hound let loose a joyous howl. 

 

The beeping continued as the two approached the noise they saw a dim light in the unending darkness. The master even though it was impossible would swear that they were grinning as they reach towards the light their form shifted as they seemingly went through the dim light.

 

"At long last" the figure thought. They could finally begin their ascension.

1