Ch 1 – An Ersatz Goddess
7.7k 7 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sky is gorgeous, I could gaze into it for eons. Millions of pinpoint lights are centered on a band of light stretching from either end of my vision. Everything is so perfectly still, and yet, each light seems to dance in place in a way totally unique to itself. 

 

My only true memory is of this sky. Everything else seems so distant, so vague, like it never really happened to me at all. 

People, their names and faces, the places I’ve been, the things I’ve done and the pains I’ve felt.

All feel like a dream I’ve half forgotten already.

 

All but one: my name.

 

Kalmana.

 

That's all I know about who I am.

 

My name and the sky are all I can think about, the only thing in my head, for the unknown expanse of time I have been lying here. 

 

Maybe I’ve spent years sky-watching and mentally repeating my name, or maybe it's only been a couple of minutes. It’s hard to tell the passage of time because nothing seems to change. No sun rises or sets. No seasons change. I never fall asleep, nor do I wake up.

 

It’s just me and the sky, for my entire existence, and nothing else.

 

A question suddenly crossed my mind: If I got up and looked around, would anyone be there?

 

The answer always comes immediately from a deep feeling in my belly: There is no point in checking, I know for certain that I am alone.

 

I still try to look anyway, just out of curiosity, but nothing happens. My arms and legs don’t respond, they refuse to push me out of my prone position. My neck won’t even turn my head to the side.

 

I close my eyes for a few seconds, but no dreams show themselves.

So I gaze back at the sky.

Beautiful.

 

.

 

.

 

.

______________________________________________

 

.

 

.

 

Ripples echo across the ground, causing an odd feeling as they wash over me. 

Panic? No, although it feels urgent and a bit desperate, there isn't a sense of foreboding that says something bad might happen.

Curiosity? I certainly feel a need to find the source of the ripples, but curiosity feels too lighthearted and carefree.

 

This feels deeper, more primal, empty…

 

Cold.

 

Like a hibernating beast rising from its den in springtime.

 

Yes. 

 

I think this must be hunger.

 

My heart pounds heavily, sending waves of energy coursing through my bones. 

 

The sky isn’t visible anymore, hidden behind a bank of fog that obscures vision and makes my skin tingle. Despite the fog and lack of any sunlight, my surroundings feel brighter than I remember, a grey light emanating from everywhere I imagine the horizon to be.

 

Whereas my body used to be deadweight background noise, now it pulses with energy, awaiting my command.

 

My heart beats. 

 

Once

 

Twice

 

A third time

 

I can’t bring a memory to focus on it ever doing that before.

 

My heart sends pulses of frigid energy through my bones, to each and every fingertip and beyond

 

As cold hunger sweeps through me, it catalyzes a new sensation, this time in my belly.

 

This one starts off pleasingly warm, but quickly surpasses that to become blisteringly hot. The new feeling is nearly identical to my hunger, save for the temperature, and seems to just compound itself with all the other aspects.

 

The desperation, more urgent.

 

The emptiness, deeper

 

The hot spreads just like the cold, overtaking it and suppressing every bit of ice in my bones.

 

The cold is gone, replaced by its exact opposite, threatening to burn away every careful thought in my mind if I don’t do what it wants.

 

I haven't yet told my legs to stand, but they do it anyway. I stumble as I rise to my feet, my stomach lurching against the unfamiliar sensation of verticality. The fog seems to recede around me, forming a ring about 10 metered away.

 

Forward

 

The ripples persist from a location hidden by the fog. I take a few awkward steps forward and towards it and inhale the mist deeply.

 

The smell only adds to the heat growing within me as the odor spreads from my nose out and under my skin. Heat grows on my skin in a wave, starting from my face and only moving downwards. I clench my thighs together to try and squeeze at the heat, but it proves ineffective. 

 

I try to exhale the mist, but it catches in my throat as if blocked by something.

 

A new instinct takes control of my body, falling to my hands I begin coughing up liquid.

 

I expel a black tar-fluid from my lungs and onto the ground, which, looking at now, is incredibly flat.

 

The grounds seems to be made of some sort of black compacted sand but is otherwise entirely featureless. This deserves attention at a future time when I’m not so distracted.

 

Whatever liquid I just coughed up has already seeped into the dry ground, leaving no trace of the puddle that was just there. I pull myself to my feet again, this time intentionally, and take an apprehensive breath to test the waters.

 

No more coughing fits show themselves, so I resume walking towards the ripples.

 

Were my lungs full of liquid all that time? Another question for later.

 

As I pace forward, I am suddenly met with a breeze that carries the scent much better than the stagnant fog from just before. The wind starts a chain reaction in my body as soon as I can take it in, and my hunger begins to compound itself once more.

 

Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold. Hot. Cold.

 

The desire burns at me, but the vacancy within me feels icy.

 

Forward

 

I’m walking again, but I don’t remember having the thought to do so. I seem compelled to move towards the ripples, it just feels like a good idea.

 

The closer I get, the worse my hunger gets. It’s becoming difficult to focus on anything; my mind is always pulled back to the disturbance.

 

Forward

 

The skin on my lower stomach starts to itch, but it’s just another mental note I have to take. More pressing matters deserve my attention.

 

Forward 

 

Forward

 

Forward

 

_________________________________________

[Investigate the woods out of town]

 

I pull the request out of my pack, briefly pausing to glance at the title once again before I read the description.

 

[Hunters have reported a lack of game in an area of grassland centered approximately 5 kilometers SSW of Old Torik. Shepards have reported that their herds refuse to go anywhere near that area as well. Scouts and folk with high detection skills are wanted to venture into the area for information on the cause. Pay will be provided regardless of findings, but hires must be accompanied by a registered guide. Information prioritized, hires expected to flee in the event of hostile encounter with rating above 75% of the groups collective. 

Public safety board of Udbern]

 

I didn’t notice the change until it was too late. Terrance informed us of a strange presence ahead, so we got into our agreed formation. Terrance with the guide in the center to detect anything approaching and Leon and I spread out on his flanks. We would then start scanning the woods for whatever all the animals were fleeing from. If it attacked, we could surround it easily or scatter if it was too strong. All of us were fast and although Terrance had the best detection, ours wasn’t too far behind.

 

We didn’t actually know if it was a creature that was the cause, but it pays to be prepared.

 

Then everything went so, so wrong. 

 

It all started with Terrance calling out to me:

 

////////////////

 

<Des, you’re leaving us a bit, come back. - Terrance

 

<Shit, my bad.

 

I move a few meters towards Terry’s voice

 

<Wrong way man, you're still doing it. - Terrance

 

What-

 

<You sure it ain’t just you imagining things? What about Leon? Is he doing it? 

 

<Yes, it’s just you. And no, it’s not funny. Stop it.  - Terrance

 

Fucker. You salt his ale one time and he starts messing with you on the job. No sense of humor at all.

 

<And you're still doing it- hold on, just stop it. Stop walking. You too Leon, stay where you are.  - Terrance

 

I stop.

 

<Fine. I’ll try to play along, but any funny business and you get pepper in your mug tonight. I’ll bribe the barmaids if I have too.

 

< What?- Wait, that was you? I swear I’m going to shove my mug up your ass so far that you taste salt this time. Now turn to face me. Asshole. -Terrance

 

<I am facing you!

 

<Now take a step forward. Just one. And tell me exactly when.- Terrance 

 

<I’m taking the step right… Now.

 

<You swear you’re not fucking with me, right? - Terrance 

 

<... I swear I am not fucking with you

 

<...

 

<...

 

<Fuck, this is bad. - Terrance 

 

<You walk to me, see if that works.

 

<Okay, hold on. - Terrance 

 

He replies almost immediately.

 

<Uhhh, Both you and Leon faded slightly. I don’t want to move any more.  - Terrance 

 

<Is the guide with you? 

 

<Yeah, I’m still here. - Rod

 

<Break your sigils. Which ones do you have?

 

<I only brought “Medical backup”, “Mild”, “Severe”, and “Urgent”, we weren't supposed to be fighting, so i didn’t think we needed much. - Rod

 

<Is there a way to communicate anything about whatever this is?

 

<I guess i could break Mild and severe. Those two mean “Caution” when mixed, but i don’t know how much help that would be. - Rod

 

<It’s the best we’ve got.

 

I try to look around for any big trees or other landmarks to try and gauge my position compared to the others, but There aren't any. The forest all looks the same here.

 

Wait… 

 

Fuck.

 

<It’s summer, right?

 

<Yes. The solstice was last week. - Terrance

 

<And it’s midday, isn’t it?

 

<Yeah? - Terrance

 

<I swear it’s just a little bit darker than it was when we entered the forest.

 

<That’s not good. Let me think for a moment. - Terrance

 

<Okay, we meet up back at Old Torik even if it means splitting up. I don’t want us to stay here any longer. - Terrance

 

////////////////

 

We started walking after that, fully leaving each other’s earshot after about 30 meters. With every step I took, the sun got a little bit farther away, until it was only one of millions of tiny flecks of light in the dark sky. The grass and trees got farther and farther apart, until the ground was all just fine Black sand. It became foggy somewhere along the way as well, but I can't recall exactly when.

 

I’ve been trying to think of an explanation of what happened for a few hours now, but honestly, I have to fucking clue. I have no idea where I am, I have no idea what time of day it is, and I have no idea what I can do about it. I just hope the others found their way back.

 

.

.

.

 

There’s a figure in the mist.

 

At first I was hopeful they were one of my party members, but it soon becomes clear that this is not the case. All my party members were men, while this is very clearly a woman.

 

No.

 

A Goddess.

 

I find it difficult to believe a human could look like that.

 

I drop to my knees almost instinctively, there’s something in the air that says I just should. Did I haphazardly wander into her domain? Am I trespassing? 

 

Despite the fact that i am one step away from prostrating myself, I still can’t help myself from gazing at her as she approaches.

 

Foolish, I know.

 

But i can’t help myself.

Ample is insufficient to describe her figure, she oozes fertility in every aspect of her being.

 

It’s as if she was sculpted specifically for child-making.

 

The goddess of fertility continues to approach, and I pull my gaze up to meet hers…

 

No…

 

I slump down, mentally preparing myself.

 

I was mistaken, no goddess would live in a place as barren as this.

 

That gaze… Was not a gaze of benevolence, nor a gaze of anger, or even pity.

 

That gaze was lecherous.

 

A thin tail tipped with what looks like the spade suit from a playing card caresses her legs as she nears. 

 

The Ersatz Goddess finally arrives within arm’s reach, and I’m powerless against desires I shouldn't be having.

 

Against my better judgement, I reach out to her, and she takes me into her embrace.

_______________________

 

Semen drips from my pussy as I push the limp body of the Man off and onto the sand beside me, revealing a dim pink glow from just under my navel. I was barely even conscious for the whole thing, with my body just taking control and acting based on instinct. 

 

I have the worst headache I can ever remember having, so I reach to my head to try and quell the pain. The pain is much worse behind my temples, just over my ears, but when my hands move to brace the area, they find something new.

 

Erupting from above my ears and jutting upwards are 2 small smooth spikes only a few inches long. They’re extremely sharp, but otherwise featureless, and seem to jut out of my skull seamlessly.

 

The sky stretches out above me once again, and I take comfort in its presence. It makes the empty open sand feel reassuring despite its lack of features. It feels like a vast map of places I can go, I need only the strength to do so.

 

The man’s sperm entered my womb sparked a number of changes. The fog cleared and my body started going throught a metamorphosis. I grew horns, vision seemed to improve, and I felt a number of changes take place in my belly. I feel stronger now, not in a purely combat focused way, but like I became more than I once was.

 

Even now, a heat sits in my belly, not blistering like the desire from earlier, but comfortingly warm. 

 

I sit up slightly to peek through my breasts get a good look at it. A pink light is etching onto my skin an artfully depicted womb of the same colour. I feel entranced by it’s swooping lines and runic details, and as soon as it is finished, a seering heat erupts in my mind. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Kalmana

 

Body - 0 (+10)

 

>Classes available

Mind - 10 (0)

 

>Lesser True Helspawn -10-

Soul - 10 

 

>Lesser Primordial Succubus -10-

 

>Aspect of fertility -0 (+1)-

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Eyyyyyyy!!!!! First official chapter!

If You haven't noticed, Ch 0 is now non-cannon, long answer is in the author's notes of that chapter, but the short answer is that I didn't want to railroad myself moving forward.

I've always been indecisive on some aspects of my writing, particularly names, so I'll let you guys help!

Do you prefer Aclima (ch 0) (I'll change the name in this CH), or Kalmana (ch 1)

What about Aspect of fertility (Ch 0), or Apostle of fertility (Ch 1) for the skill name? (And should I change the series title?)

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on where you think the series is going, or any suggestions you may have. This will go for future chapters as well. Half the fun of reading is speculation! 

I also added the Psychological genre to the series.

-Babylon 

Aclima VS Kalmana / Aspect VS Apostle
  • Aclima Votes: 45 28.0%
  • Kalmana Votes: 69 42.9%
  • Aspect of Fertility Votes: 111 68.9%
  • Apostle of Fertility (But keep aspect as the title) Votes: 31 19.3%
  • Apostle of Fertility (Change the title as well Votes: 10 6.2%
Total voters: 161
82