Ch 14 – The first taste of the wilds
3.2k 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun slowly rises over the goblin’s valley, alighting sparks in both the dew and the waters below. I stand now on the ridge above it like I did when I first arrived, viewing my first daughter’s namesake in all its glory once again.

 

“See this? That’s you. That’s how pretty you are.” I tell the drowsy infant.

 

Disinterest.

 

“Hey, you replied to that one. Are you getting chattier?”

 

The glare I get from her is a clear no, and then she pulls her wraps over her face to shield her face from the light.

 

Ever since I heard her speak at the incident, I’ve been avoiding using my mental voice to interact with Dawn. My goal being of course, to get her to speak more, or failing that, at least a few noises. But I guess at least for now I’ll reward that little bit of reaction she showed by doing what she wants and ignoring her.

 

Anyway, my current mission is to find some sort of sign of human life. An actual person would be ideal, but I’d still be glad to find a road or something. And since the goblin tribes downriver seemed to have a much higher amount of hobgoblins among them, that’s the direction I’m headed.

 

The problem with my plan is now that I can’t actually leave the valley since I need goblins to feed myself and the valley itself to navigate. I suppose I could also use the stars to do that, but leaving now could be dangerous. I have no idea when I’ll bump into another source of human spirit if I were to ditch the goblins.

 

Yes, human spirit. My records said that I specifically need human spirit to nourish myself, but spirit from goblins seems to work as well. There’s just less of it.

This means that either my records were lying to me, which I don’t really consider a possibility at all, or that goblins possess human spirit.

 

Maybe it’s because they’re partially human in the first place? I suppose that would make sense. They are able to breed with humans after all, even if it doesn’t produce fertile offspring. 

 

Their spirit doesn’t seem to taste as nice as that of the human trespasser I met in Hel. Maybe I should have gone with him and his friend.

 

Urrgg… Telling them to leave was so stupid of me, I can’t believe I did it. I want to punch my past self in the face. Humans are my prey and I just let two of them get away like that?

 

Damnit. 

 

Stupid compassion.

__________________

The noon sun beams down and fills me with a sluggishness as I crouch in some tall golden grass, pretty much the only cover around here. The land outside the valley is incredibly flat and open with only the occasional shrubby forest to add some depth. Bison dot the grassy plains in a wide area between the valley’s ridge and a far away patch of woodland. There’s commotion up ahead.

 

Maybe 75 meters in front of me, a group of goblins has singled out a bison from the rest of its herd. It’s huge, probably twice my height at the shoulder, and has horns nearly as thick as my thighs. They’re spam is probably about my height as well from tip to tip. The beast looks like it could crush a goblin without even noticing.

 

*Thud*

 

A stone hits the bison’s nose.

 

Standing in front of the bison and armed with a sling is what looks to be a female hobgoblin. She grabs another stone from a pouch on her belt and quickly fires at the bison's nose again. Several other goblins watch her intently from behind on the other side of the valley’s outer ridge, which dips just low enough to allow for entry.

 

The bison snorts with it’s bruised nose and takes a step forward towards tiny by comparison hobgoblin. Then another. Then a dozen more. It bends it’s massive head down to try and impale the small green figure on the point of one of its horns.

 

The hobgoblin vaults backwards and jumps down behind the valley’s outer ridge in only a few steps, moving to safety just a few meters before the bison would have skewered her.

 

A bellowed cry fills the air as the massive beast is unable to stop in time before the ground beneath it runs out. It has just run full speed into its own death.

 

The sounds that follow the bison’s cry are as such:

A thud, as the beast impacts the hill behind the ridge,

A rumble, as the beast’s momentum causes it to roll down towards the forest below.

A crash, as the beast breaks the trees it careens into.

And the sound of a dozen cheering goblins, upon realizing that their hunt was victorious.

 

I peek over the edge to see all of them running with spears forward to finish off the broken behemoth for good.

 

It was only the longer legs of the hobgoblin and her accuracy with a sling that this hunt was a successful one. Perhaps a regular goblin could pull it off every now and then, but I doubt the survival rate of that would be very high. This is a strategy that only hobgoblins can use.

 

I wonder how many of them are in her tribe, because there had to be someone to teach it to her.

 

A tug on my hair shifts my attention closer to myself. It’s Dawn tugging on it with a tiny hand.

 

Hungry

 

Yeah yeah, gimme a moment.

 

We’re going to move to a safer place first.

 

 

It’s about mid afternoon now, still no sign of human life anywhere. I’m going to need to feed soon if I don’t want to start feeling hungry. Also, it seemed that sometime since I left the camp my max spirit had increased slightly.

 

Spirit - 14/26

 

I assume that this was either natural growth or due to all the goblins that Dawn killed. Knowing my luck, it’s probably the latter.

 

In an hour or two I’ll start to look for some way to subdue some goblins without raising the alarm of their whole tribe. A small hunting party down in the woods would be best.

 

The one I met earlier would have been too large and too out in the open for me to safely lure a few members away.

 

Ah…

 

Just the slightest thought of it is enough to soak my thighs.

 

My tail begins to slide along my salivating entrance almost by itself, sending a shiver of stimulation through me. I see the tip of it sticking out between my legs slick with my fluids and reach down to touch it.

 

It’s both slippery and sticky, and pulling my fingers away from my tail leaves a string of lubricant between them.

 

Supposedly this stuff has aphrodisiac properties. 

 

I haven’t really noticed any effects from it so far, but everyone who’s come in contact with the stuff has already been pretty aroused beforehand.

 

Hmm… 

 

I’ve got an idea

 

...

 

After another dozen or so minutes of walking, the cliff to the side of me has dipped down into a low ridge, once again allowing entry into the valley. I make my way down towards the forest, looking for a certain familiar kind of break in the foliage: a deer trail.

 

Most goblin trails are just deer trails that have been widened by repetitive patrols and hunts. The wider the trail, the more use it receives.

 

I just have to find a trail that is used often enough that I won’t be waiting around forever, yet still narrow enough that I won’t run into a massive quantity of goblins. A couple I can run away from and maybe even pick off a few while I’m at it, but I could easily be overwhelmed if I’m not super careful.

 

All deer trapping was done early morning just after sunrise and late evening just before sundown in Rhoda’s camp. According to Deer Catcher, this was because the light level when the sun is low will fill a good trapping hide with shadow.

 

Now that I know exactly what to look for, it doesn’t take long before I come across a hide. I probably walked past a few of these when I first came to the valley a week ago and mistook them for ordinary bushes. Under the current sun, however, it’s relatively easy to see that they’re hollow.

 

I’m going to have to wait here for a few hours at least, but I can’t take the risk of coming here when they might be occupied. I realized a few days back that doing that is exactly what had got me caught in the first place.

 

I squeeze my way through the branches to enter the hide from the back. 

 

There’s definitely quite a bit of risk to what I’m doing, but I still have to feed.

 

If only I were stronger, then maybe I wouldn’t have to put Dawn at risk like this.

 

Oh well.

 

I can always retreat to Hel through Gehenna manipulation anyway.

 

 

I’ve spent the last hour or so bouncing things off of Ur to limited success.

 

The information I receive from sending Ur the metal image of a goblin for example, is rather unhelpful. Stuff like green, or pointed ears, or relatively short. All technically correct, but al, things I can clearly tell for myself. I still haven’t figured out how to ask any sort of real question.

 

I tried getting a definition for ‘Ur’ as well as my own name, but both just came back unchanged. If either of them have a deeper meaning, I don’t know what it is.

 

 

A duo of hobs, a man and a woman, approach me in the opposite direction from the way I came. They both have spears, but only the woman has a shield. Worse still, Dawn is awake right now. While I’m quite sure she’ll stay quiet, I am worried about her alerting them with movement.

 

I could maybe try to fight both hobgoblins at once, but I’m in doubt of my own abilities. If I were alone I wouldn’t think twice about  taking them on to test my limits, but Dawn complicates things.

 

Could you do that thing you did to those goblins last night now? Preferably just to the girl one?

 

Tired.

 

Dammit. I was afraid of that.

 

I don’t understand the nature of whatever Dawn did to chop those invading goblins in half. Magic? 

 

I think so?

 

I understand the concept of what magic is thanks to the library in my mind, but none of the mental books inside it have any illustrations to them. I have no memory of any actual magic being performed to compare Dawn’s goblin-slicing with.

 

Basically, I don’t know the rules for how often or to what extent she can use it. 

 

Not yet it seems, which means she’s a hindrance at the moment.

 

I could probably outrun them rather easily just because I’m bigger than either of them, but that would be a bad idea because of their weapons. Spears. Spears can be thrown.

 

I can’t throw something to distract them either since the brush I’m currently in the middle of would rustle.

 

Do I just have to rely on the sun being low enough to cast me in shadow? I think I can hold myself pretty still considering I don’t breathe.

 

It’s still pretty risky, but this might just be the safest option available.

 

“Hold still” I quickly tell Dawn.

 

She complies without any backsass, seemingly telepathic to my worries.

 

The pair of Hobs get closer to us.

 

Closer.

 

Closer…

 

I cross my fingers as they pass the closest point to us.

 

*Slap*

 

Huh?

 

The sound almost echoes through the quiet afternoon forest. 

 

The female has just given the male a slap on his clothing-shrouded ass.

 

The male smiles widely, as if he was just thinking about doing the same exact thing.

 

“Bored with patrol. Wanna do something more fun?” The goblinoid woman asks.

 

“Right here or back to camp?” He says.

 

“Feel a bit sticky. Maybe we will go to the river?” She replies.

 

“Ha. Clean freak.” The male jests.

 

The Hobs turn around, beginning to grope each other as they slowly disappear out of view.

 

 

I wait another minute out of both caution and disbelief. 

 

I take a deep breath in just so I can breathe a sigh of relief.

 

What the fuck was that.

 

Luck? I doubt it.

 

If I’m not mistaken, was it because of my Lust Aura? Specifically the 5th level? 

5 - skill is no longer limited to line of sight, but effects will be diminished without one.

I see… line of sight.

It used to be a skill that amplified the lust of anyone who looked at me and desired me. I remember it had no effect on straight female goblins.

Those two seemed to be a couple already, so Lust Aura must have amplified their lust towards each other when they got close to me.

This was a skill that had no description since I had started with it, but I think I understand how it works now.

 

My temples twinge slightly, as if struck by a headache lasting only a moment. Something clicks.

 

v Lust aura 6

I passively release an aura that amplifies the sexual desires of those around me. Effects weaken when the target of desire isn’t me.

 

Did I just add to my own records? I didn’t know that I could do that.

 

 

Spirit - 13/26

 

Half full now, but not for long. A goblin is approaching. He’s just as tall as all the others that I’ve seen, and just as green as well. Hopefully his libido will be the same.

 

The sun is low in the sky and the brush is full of shadow. He walks towards me without a sliver of suspicion. Dawn is asleep again and lying a few meters further into the foliage. Time to get started.

 

I look at the goblin’s loincloth, far lower quality of a garment than that of the Hobs from this afternoon. As it sways with each step he takes, I get a fleeting glance of the implement that I hope will be injecting warm semen into my womb in just a few minutes. My unprotected loins quickly grow damp with lubricant.

 

The tip of my tail slid against my lower lips once again in anticipation all by itself as if my instincts were  predicting what I was about to do next. I take control of the winding appendage myself and quickly plunge it deep inside.

 

In truth, It’s a bit overkill to go to such an extent, but I just really wanted to feel it scraping against my cervix. As with all self-stimulation it seems, it only serves to amplify my lust rather than calming it.

 

I withdraw my tail, the tip trailing a string of the viscous slippery fluid behind it. Time to see how potent of an aphrodisiac it really is.

 

The goblin reaches the patch of bush that I sit in, and begins to round it to enter from the back just like I did.

 

“HUMAN?” he exclaims almost immediately upon seeing me, nearly jumping backwards in surprise.

 

“Sure, why not?” I quickly replied.

 

Quickly, and while he’s still in a state of shock, I harden the tip of my tail and swipe at his leg. It’s a shallow cut, barely even drawing blood, but it serves its purpose. I can see the glisten of my fluids splattered on the wound.

 

Small blade arts has risen to 2

 

“Wha-” He begins, but I interrupt him by whipping my tail to flick a few droplets of liquid into his mouth.

 

“Shhhhh, you don’t need to say anything, just come here.” I say as I spread both my legs and the slit between them.

 

He just stands in place with his jaw slightly slack for a few moments. I think his mind just exploded. 

 

He takes a step backwards.

 

“Why are you leaving?” I ask him.

 

“Get clan- Get clan- Get clan-...” I hear him start to whisper. I figure it's probably what he’s been taught to do if he sees a human.

 

Another one of his steps backwards is halted as my tail wraps around his ankle.

 

“C’mon, wouldn’t you at least like to be the first to try me before I’m full of your clanmates all the time? I’m fertile right now, wouldn’t you like it to be yours?” I coo sultrily.

 

As conflicted as his face looks, the rest of his body is certain. Aided by the gentle coaxing of my tail, he takes a step forward. 

 

I can’t really tell how much of this is my own aphrodisiac and how much is a goblin’s natural horny-ness, but I can tell he only needs a bit more convincing before he’s mine.

 

I use a few fingers to stretch myself out, trying to give him the best view possible of my writhing folds in the dim evening light. He takes another cautious step forward.

 

I pull on a leather strip holding my top closed, prompting my breasts to spill out of their prison. I squeeze a nipple with two fingers and a few drops of white milk come out.

 

All hesitation vanishes from his face and he steps close enough to be held in my embrace. His face falls into my chest and my tail lifts his loincloth and guides his cock between my legs.

 

Ahhhhh… Goblins are just too easy. Like moths to a flame.

 

It’s a pity they have such little spirit.

 

I squeeze him tightly as he delves balls deep, taking the opportunity to leglock his lower half.

 

Hm. That's interesting.

 

From the length, to the girth, to the slight bend upwards and even the location of the veins. He’s exactly the same shape as Deer Catcher.

 

I had been thinking that I just hadn’t been around them long enough to tell their faces apart. I kinda felt a bit bad about it.

 

But no, now I don’t think it’s my fault for confusing them at all.

 

They’re all utterly identical to the smallest detail, aside from gender that is.

 

Ah.

 

Wait.

 

No, it’s only physical.

 

This guy's technique is different. He’s super fast.

 

Multiple thrusts a second with minimal withdrawal like this would be more stimulating if only he were a bit longer.

 

Maybe I can still do something about this.

 

I clench my lower abdomen tight, recalling the motions I go through to give birth. Can I maybe contract my cunt in a way that pulls my cervix downwards?

 

After a minute or two of trial and error of flexing muscles I can’t even see, the pounding in my depths seems to be amplified without any change in motion from the goblin.

 

Succubi’s body has risen to 4 -  You have figured out how to move certain parts of your body in inhuman ways. This will now prove to be easier.

 

Aha- Success! Who cares about small dicks when I can just shrink my pussy to fit them!

 

Huh. There’s strangely familiar tugging on my nipple.

 

Spirit - 11/26

 

HEY!

 

THE LITTLE BASTARD IS BREASTFEEDING!

 

ASSHOLE, THAT”S NOT MEANT FOR YOU!

 

His cock erupts with semen moments later

 

Spirit - 0/6

Spirit - 17/26

 

I’m only up 3 points from where I started?

 

How the hell am I even going to travel when it takes all afternoon to only get this much. Even if he hadn’t stolen some from me I wouldn’t even be close to full.

 

Hmf…

 

Y’know what?

 

You deserve this. 

 

Don’t worry though, I’m not quite mean enough to kill you. I’ll just drain you even harder.

 

Skill gained - Forced rejuvenation

 

Lesser Primordial Succubus has risen to -13- (+1)

 

Target’s cohesion reduced to 67%

Spirit - 6/6

 

I squeeze my tits into the reinvigorated goblin’s face and hold one hand to the back of his head to keep him between them. No more milk for you.

“You can keep going, right? Surely a man like yourself has the capability to satisfy me?” I whisper to him.

He says something in response, but the sheer amount of boob in his face muffles the sound. 

The thrusting restarts, and an inferno of pleasure ignites within me as the seed he left earlier finds its home.

Womb status: Fertilized ~ 10 minutes remaining until implantation

Ah, I guess he was good for something after all.

As I work to release the new spirit from my partner/victim, I use Inheritance doctoring on my fertilized egg. This one’ll take after me.

-Helspawn|--------------------------------------------------Goblin-

 

There we go.

 

Now for the next part: The traits.

 

I was thinking that I would bring this Goblin with me, but his behaviour has dashed that idea. I’m not gonna keep the company of this milk thief.

 

A bit unfortunate that I won’t get a portable semen dispenser just yet, but there’s plenty of goblins in the forest.

 

Anyway, even though I haven’t used this part of this skill before, I don’t think it should be a problem. I’m the Aspect of Fertility after all, making kids is what I do. And with the experience of adding things to my own records, I see no reason why I should fail.

 

I decided a while ago that this child should be a full Helspawn. I think it should give them a better chance at a good trait, since goblins have none by themselves.

 

I draw my records out of the recesses of my memories, recalling with perfect accuracy exactly the page and the book that was opened when inheritance doctoring rose in level.

 

Umm… I’d like for this one to be reliant on a source of nutrients other than my own milk please. 

 

What would be a tense few moments pass by, if it weren't for the rapid pounding of the goblin I’m currently fucking.

 

template     granted

 

Ur? Is that you?

 

Spirit - 26/26

 

Semen drips out of me and onto the ground as I stand up and stretch my legs. That bush sure was cramped.

 

Womb status: Fertilized ~ <1 minutes remaining until implantation

 

I had ended up using Forced rejuvenation on the goblin one more time and reducing his soul’s cohesion to about 50%. That was just enough to fill my own spirit.

 

I think he should be ok, my own cohesion is drained when one of my embryos gets implanted, and I’m fine.

 

Speaking of, it should happen any moment now…

 

Cohesion: 100% → Cohesion: 70%

Womb status: v Pregnant ~ 2 days until birth

Dreamleech Imp, Womb capacity sufficient to split embryo into 4

 

OOooooooo. Dreamleech Imp? And the embryo can be split?

 

A grin finds its way onto my face as I retie my jacket.

 

So I guess I just have to pour some more nutrients into my womb and I’ll get quadruplets?

 

Cohesion: 70% → Cohesion: 40%

Womb status: v Pregnant ~ 2 days until birth

Dreamleech Imps, Twins, Womb capacity sufficient to split embryos into 4

 

Woah. 

 

I got really dizzy as soon as I dipped under 50% Cohesion. Quadruplets are definitely out, and maybe I should hold out on triplets even so I can still stand.

 

I look down to the KO’ed goblin whose own cohesion I reduced to that level. He looks like he's dreaming about something scary.

 

Just sleep it off lil’ guy, you’ll be fine.

 

I reach down and shift him into what I hope is a more comfortable position.

 

Alrighty then. I think It’s about time to get out of here. 

 

Now, where did I leave Dawn?

 

Just behind this tree over here of course!

 

Or this one maybe?...

 

No, I’m certain It was the first. I remember it perfectly.

 

Hmm…

 

SHit.

 

Good afternoon/morning/evening folks. Today's reader involvement activity is going to be about demons!

If you have an interesting idea for some sort of demon that you don't think you've ever seen before but might still be neat, post it in the comments!

I can't guarantee that any of those ideas will remain unchanged or even make it in at all, since they might not fit with this story's version of demons. Also, keep in mind that most of the ideas gathered from these reader things are for the far future, and that you're welcome to continue leaving them even if we're many chapters beyond this one.

That's all for now,

Babylon

 

40