Chapter 6: The valiant one has fallen. (Side story)
10.2k 27 208
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blue ball was glowing above the forest and above my glorious self as always. 

The forest was quite and peaceful at first glance but I couldn't be tricked that easily. I was to smart to fall for that. I was not like the other ones of my kind; the fools without a brain. 

I was aware that after the blue one would disappear, the red one would show up. That was how it was.

I wasn't easy for one to not be overwhelmed by my intellect. I had always known that for my kind, it wasn't easy but they had to do it. I was simply that smart. 

’Blue... safe, go hunt! Red... Danger! Many, many dangers!’ Not many others had the chance to listen to my glorious speeches. My speeches were not that cheap, and not many had the wisdom to listen to me... But the ones who did it managed to survive much longer than others. 

From the day when I and my brothers had to step out of our cave and start the conquest of the very forest we lived in, I was mistreated by that supposed group leader just because he was a Greater Cave Goblin and had some more levels.

How outrageous! They must have been blind to not see how great I was. If I was the leader, this forest would have been ours in no time at all. 

But the mistreatment didn't last long. Not long after we departed from our cave we came across some big and fat humanoid-pigs much bigger than us.

What atrocious creatures they have been. I had to shield my eyes for my great self to not be blinded by the sheer ugliness. 

From birth, I was aware that even within my peers I was the most handsome one but for me to actually witness such ugly creatures. I had no words. 

And even worse. They were big. Way too big. I had to take some of my close peers and run away from there while that foolish leader of ours, in his foolishness, tried to engage them. 

’Stupid... stupid, stupid, foolish, stupid... Stupid false leader. Me, true leader!’

At least, that hateful false leader had fallen there. That fool.

After that, I continued our glorious conquest from where that incapable fool left it but problems continued to appear one after another. The forest was full to the brim with so many ugly creatures. 

It didn't matter in how many glorious battles I led my peers, they continue to appear to no end. We had to exterminate these stains. These insults to our beautiful race of strong warriors.

In time, I had learned from mistakes. When the red glob would shine, our warrior blood would awaken. It was truly wonderful but at the same time, truly dangerous. 

The red ball from the ski would make my and my brother's blood boil with vigor and shine in on the battlefield. But unfortunately, that was true for our ugly foes as well.

When the red one appeared again, the hateful pigs would emerge from the depths of the forest. We had no choice but to leave for the borders. 

’Pigs... Big. Hateful. Pigs. Ugly big pigs!’

At least my stupid brothers were always amazed by my intellect. I was the smartest as I previously said but I had to remind them from time to time for them to not forget it. They were big dummies after all. 

To be the most handsome and also the smartest. I had to bear with it since that was my fate.

One day I had discovered that two clubs were better than just one. 

When my great self had shared the discovery with my brothers, I was shocked to discover another thing. 

None of them had ever tried to count. They didn't even know how to count how many clubs they could handle so I had to personally do that for them. I had to take every one of them and count their limbs to know how many clubs they could wield. 

 Except for the ones who lost some of them in glorious battles, we learned that for most of us, the limb count was the same. 

A monumental achievement. That day all my brothers praised me to no end and I must say that I was deserving of their praises. I was a genius after all.

But even a genius had his own shortcomings. One day we stumbled upon another hateful enemy. 

Not big like the pigs but worse than them nonetheless. The monkeys.

That cheating and hateful race. They had so many limbs that not even my great self was capable to count. 

I had lost all my brothers in that battle. A tragic day.

’Hateful monkeys... To. Many. Limbs. Gyaaahhh!’ 

That was a truly tragic day indeed. 

The next day, the red glowing globe surfaced again, and with it, the hateful enemies from the depths of the forest emerged as well. I had to move my valiant self to the borders. It didn't matter how superior I was to my peers, I couldn't face all those ugly creatures alone. 

.

.

.

I had not eaten for two days in a row. Being alone was hard. I decided to hunt something on my way to the border. With my superior abilities, I had successfully hunted down some weird little creature. Nothing too hard for my great self. 

*Kikiko koki*

I laughed with vigor at my prey. I could feel the fear in its eyes while struggling to escape from my grip. I tried to explain to it that it was a futile effort to try and oppose my great self to no avail. 

These lowly creatures weren't gifted with the right to understand our superior language. It was simply how it was. With their stupid heads, that was an impossible feat. 

*ke keke ki*

I couldn't help but laugh again. It was hard to stop glorifying my perfect self. I was too good for this hateful forest. After this day, I was going to adventure outside of the forest...

Kekeke, maybe I would start my own nest. Better than the one in which I was born. 

’Women... just for elders... and chief... Bad nest. Mine, much better!’

What a loss for those fools. They didn't know what monumental loss they had committed. My glorious genes went to waste.

I should have taken this decision long ago. I could not imagine that out there was a woman who would not accept my great self. There would not be a need to even kidnap them like those fools. Just a look at me and that would be all.

I started to worry that I would not be able to handle all of them. The greatest as I was, there was a limit even for me. 

*stab*

*Gyaaaaaahaah*

While I was eating the unfortunate prey and contemplating on my glorious future, some coward attacked me from behind. 

What cowardice!

To actually hit from the back. In my desperate attempt to witness the hateful and coward foe, I tried to turn around but I was pinned to the ground whit a long stick. 

I could not express my shock. The coward enemy was woman. It seemed that I didn't even need to get out of the forest to get to them. 

But even so, I never saw one that beautiful in the nest. On a second thought, that was to be expected. It was logic that the beautiful ones would come to me after all.

*Kekeke keki...*

I let out another laugher but the wound on my side stopped me haft through it. Something was not right there. 

’Why woman attack great me?’

Maybe she couldn't see my greatness. My valiant side. After all, she attacked me from my back.

That must have been the reason. I tried hard to turn around, ignoring the pain from the side to show her that the reason for her arrival in this forest was right in front of her. 

Unfortunately, that wasn't going well. She couldn't see me. How could that be possible? To come this far for me and to end like this...

I had to do something. I tried to stand up, to move left and right, but nothing worked.

I started to panic. I could not end like this. The world would lose a great being like me. I could already see the tears that this woman would shed after me. Not to mention the others that would follow after this one.

What a tragedy. I started to slowly lose my strength. This was not a good sign but the woman facial expressions had changed.

Ohh, she had to finally realize who I was. She finally let go of the stick which she used to stab me. 

’Kekeeke... Come, come!’

For my future woman, I decided that I would show my greatness and forgive her for her mistakes. I hardly could move but I must at least try to stand up. It was impossible for a great being like myself to receive my first woman like that.

’Come... Woman! Serve. Me... Hugh? What doing... with club?’

A feeling of doubt started to sprout in my mind for the first time.

*Crack*

( That was a tragic day for the goblin race! They had lost a great one! )

 

 

My glorious first attempt for a Side Story. (If a monster perspective can fit there). Also, funny that my first POV happened to a mob character that died in his first chapter of existence. 

Back to the subject, I don't know if you enjoy it but I hope you did. To be honest, it was pretty fun for me to write it and I'd like to see your opinions on the matter as well.

 


208