Chapter 2: First quest
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Finally after arriving in front of the building with stacks of coins as their logo. Opening the door what appears doesn't really fantasy-esque. My hope of there would be a floating person with wings or something more has been crushed at least the lobby structure is pretty neat with most of it made of wood and the floor is shiny like a bald head person in the middle of a scorching desert.

Looking around a middle age man come to me with a smiling face he's not bald but he had an offside belly. The man asking me what I'm looking for and I said my purpose of opening a registered vault. Following the man, he led me to a room with one table and two chairs with lamp post on the wall. It is a simple room with no decoration.

"I forgot to introduce myself it seems, haha, when you were old you start to be forgetful anyway I'm Hodwart a manager here. So you said before that you want to access a vault. Correct? You only need to enter the ID and the password after that I will give you the item inside the vault."

A panel with ID and password shows up after inputting the ID and password fatso sends me. Hodwart smile and told me to wait for him while he goes get the item. Few minutes after that Hodwart come in with a book and said "this is the card inside the vault Mr. Vain. you can take your time I'll be tending the other customers and you can leave the card on the table after you were done." then left.

Picking up the card I see a picture of books, a weapon, and armors plus a stack of vials with red liquid inside. The card itself has a wavy gold frame at its sides and black colored at back with gold coins as the logo. That bastard didn't tell me how I can access the items inside. It's hard being a newbie I need to learn everything again. Sigh. maybe saying openly will make the item come out. I don't know, I guess I need to call him again.

Walking outside the building I felt my noob-i-ness is becoming my biggest problem here. Opening the menu I select the other option and choose the forum. Lots of sections appear and searching for tutorial and tips as the tag. I navigate around the sea of thread to search for my immediate problems and the one that catches my attention was about a warrior that finish his training on the training center and received a skill and art because his final rating is 7.8.

So my target should be finishing the training, allocating my attributes, and hunting monsters. The training center is not that far away from the bank if I go straight I probably need only a 15-ish minute because of browsing the forum it took me 2 hours to get here.

The training center gate has this statue of a man carved out of a tree, a living tree with leaves as its hair, not ordinary leaves but a spiky one. The statue probably reaches tens plus meter with his arms crossing and the life-like eye looking down on people that want to pass the gate gives the passenger an imposing feeling. Passing the gate I saw humongous open fields with dummies, people shouting, hitting dummies, small statues made of stones, etc.

From the thread, I found they said I need to report to a 3-meter tall human to get a trainee profession and no matter from which side you are standing on you would know where he is from his lion-like roar. Speak of the devil I heard a roar from the center where people swinging their sword.

"Mister I want to get stronger so that I may take control of my life." without greeting I talk to the big guy with the naked upper body. Showing my determination. I don't even know myself why I said that but his muscular body with his 8 packs and scarred chest trembling slightly. With him over-shadowed me I somehow can see him smile at me. It looks innocent but brutal at the same time.

"I've been here more than eighty years and it's the first time I heard that since I left my tribe in the north. I'm Ax Frostborne. What is your name lad?"

"I'm Vain"

[Your profession has been changed into Trainee.]
[Please select your job from the available jobs on the list.]
[Thief: Job that may make you rich with medium damage, low defense, and high speed. Requirement: Agi 12+
Knight: Job with medium damage and high defense their oath is to protect the weak. Requirement: Con 10+ Vit 10+
Berserker: The angrier you get the stronger you become. Have high health and damage with low defense. Requirement: Str 12+ Vit 12+
Magician: Job which controls force to bring a phenomenon to their cause with low health and high burst magic damage. Requirement: For 14+
Assassin: Job for the killer that relied on their high-speed and high-burst physical attack but with Low health and low defense. Requirement: Agi 16+
Healer: ….]

Lots of jobs show up in front of me but based on my status and items I receive from Big Rude I probably should choose assassin. Opening my status this is what I see.

Character: Vain
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Profession: Trainee
Strength: 8 (1 health, 0.5 attack power, 0.2 defense power, and influences your strength)
Agility: 15+3 (0.25 attack power, influences your ability to dodge, reflexes and dexterity)
Constitution: 5 (5 stamina, 3 health and ability to resist attacks)
Vitality: 7 (5 health, 3 stamina, and 1 life force)
Force: 10 (2 aether, influences the power and accuracy of your spells and ability to resist force attack)

Life Force: 7
Health: 58 / 58
Aether: 20 / 20
Stamina: 45 / 46
Fatigue: 98% / 100%
Satiety: 100 / 100 (+10 per level)
Attack: 8 - 20
Defense: 6 - 8

Racial Characteristics
Kin: Obtain +10% prestige inside human territories. Raises social ability.

Bloodlines
Xsve: +3 agility and another 1 every 6 levels. Gain additional experience related to daggers.

Profession
Trainee: none (A trainee without redeeming feature.)

Job
Assassin: Deal 5% bonus damage when attacking from behind. (One who works in the dark and assassinate their target.)

Talents
None

Inventory
Bone dagger (common)
Category: weapon (one-handed dagger)
Requirement: none
Damage: 3 - 7
Durability: 16 / 16

Hunter's boot (common)
Category: light armor (shoes)
Requirement: none
Defense: 2
Durability: 19 / 19

Hunter's pants (common)
Category: light armor (pants)
Requirement: none
Defense: 5
Durability: 23 / 23

Stealth (uncommon • skill)
Enter an invisible state for 10 minutes. You can't be seen visually but the skill will get canceled if you attack or touch someone.
Cost: 5 stamina and 2 aether
Cooldown: 30 seconds
~A/N Cooldown here is a bit different from the other games. Here it means CD only when they failed or get interrupted while doing so.

Impact (uncommon • skill)
Gather force in your palm and release it to your target. Dealing 80% damage and a small chance of knockback.
Cost: 7 aether
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Health potion (poor • T1 • consumable) x10
Heal 10 of your health for 30 seconds. (Effect decrease by 8% after each consumption. If the value reaches 100% you won't get any benefit from it.)
Resistant: 1 minutes | 8%

Cleanse potion (poor • T1• consumable) x1
Remove the effect of potion resistant within your body gradually for 3 minutes. (If the value reaches 100% you will get into poisoned and weaken state. The effect would be removed after the value decrease by 20%.)
Resistant: 10 minutes | 67%

"Mister I chose assassin as my job and I don't think I get any stronger after choosing my job though."

"HAHA! Of course, you don't! That's not how the world works lad and call me instructor from now on." while laughing he pats my back with his gigantic arm. Its hurts and even decrease my health by 5. What a dangerous pat.

"Anyway, I'm hungry go get me 10 chicken from old man Bars farm and 5 lambs from his daughter barn as well."

[You received the quest "Hungry instructor". Quest: get 10 chicken and 5 lambs for the instructor. Reward: unknown.]

1