Vol.1 Protecting a Stranger – Prologue
1.6k 13 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a cold morning that day in Quebec, Canada where many people are getting ready for the season change. Winter will be here soon, along with the festivals that come along with it.

That day however, is not an ordinary day for a group of people. They are bound by duty, they are bound by conviction. A believe that success in their work will ensure the fragile balance that is unknown to the masses will be maintained.

This group of four have been lurking at the junction of a street for a week already. Acting upon information procured by their comrades from another division, they have been preparing for an incident which has been anticipated.

“Shepherd Team, Shepherd Team, come in, this is Ranch Hall com check over”.

“Fox Hound, in position.”

“Dire Wolf, on site.”

“Snow Owl, over watch set.”

“Black Bear, wheels are ready.”

“Acknowledge Shepherd, we read you loud & clear. Be advised, Sky Shrike report Poacher 1 & 2 has been spotted ten klicks north from your position. Both Poachers have boarded a small white truck”

“Fox Hound, acknowledge. Lockdown is primed & ready.”

The team waited anxiously for the signal into action. Their mission is to guard a lamb from being made into a glorified sheep against its will. This is their main objective, should it go ugly, protective custody will be provided till the storm is over.

“Sky Shrike here, be advised Shepherd, Poachers have stopped one klick of your position.”

“This is Snow Owl, I have eyes on the Poachers. They are ready to poach.”

“Ranch Hall to all Shepherds, we read you loud & clear.”

The truck that they are tracking has reached to the position of its choice. However, both of the men manning the vehicle failed to notice that they have been observed. They are more concern of the task assigned to them at hand, looking around in their vehicle for someone.

“Snow Owl to all Shepherds, Little Lamb is here. Repeat, Little Lamb is here, distance, half a klick down south.”

“Fox Hound, solid copy. Dire Wolf, with me, everyone, keep your eyes peeled.”

The mentioned call sign was used to identify a boy in his teens which has just entered the street riding a bicycle. Upon spotted by both of those Poachers, they immediately drove their truck, speeding towards him.

“Snow Owl here, Poachers are heading to Little Lamb.”

With this statement made by the team sniper, Fox Hound & Dire Wolf understood that it is time to act. At the same time, the truck was driven recklessly by its driver, stirring panic among the people on the streets including the boy.

Realizing that the truck is on his tail, the boy paddled his bicycle as hard as he could. His effort however is futile as the truck driver home towards him at lethal speeds. Panicking, he lost control & begin to wobble madly. Accepting that his life might be lost, the boy closed his eye bracing for impact.

“Fox Hound, activating Lockdown.”

The boy felled from his bicycle & rolled on the roadside pavement. Dazed, he noticed that he is alive. Something has stopped the truck in its tracks. A man dressed in a suit, holding something like a strange rifle pointing at the truck has somehow stopped the vehicle from moving.

Both the truck driver & his partner realised that the first attempt for the boy’s life have failed & proceed to used their weapons, which are handguns for their next attempt to take the life of their target. They attempted to open the door of their vehicle, but found that it cannot be done.

Realizing that they need to break the window to have a chance in getting their targets, they frantically hammered the glass with the butt of their handguns after shooting it. Their effort is futile, as the moment they fired their guns, they are immediately shot dead, where the driver by another man wearing the same suit while his partner by a shot through the windshield of the truck.

Both men in suits rushed to the boy to check on his condition to see if he required medical attention or not. They took up hostage protection formation to ensure he is safe from other threats while making assessment if the danger is still present or not.

"Dire Wolf here, Little Lamb is safe."

"Ranch Hall, solid copy here. Stay alert  & hold position till we clear you."

"Copy that Ranch Hall. Will hold position with Fox Hound."

Soon, the ordeal is over where local police & emergency crew arrived at the scene to take care the aftermath.

"Shepherd Team, scans by Sky Shrike shows that no more Poachers in the area. You are now free to exfill."

"Snow Owl here, confirming scans. No more Poachers on site. Leaving as ordered."

"Black Bear here, I'm at the extraction point. You boys haul your ass quick."

"Fox Hound, heading for exfill."

"Dire Wolf, going for extraction."

With this, Shepherd Team left the area  to be tended by the emergency service crew. Their mission now is complete, but not their duty as they head back to base for another new mission.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

29