Vol.1 Chap. 6 – Preparing for Wildfires
510 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Haenyeo, what is the status on the service & supply of Astral Sage?”

The Grandmaster asks the artificial intelligence who is assign to be the lead artificial intelligence of the Zero Cross Base. A blue light soon glow at the edge of his table where the light materialises into a figure making a catwalk approaching the Grandmaster, which then reveals a Korean woman dressed in her Hanbok with decorations & accessories to indicate her status as the matriarch of her family upon completion. She made a ceremonial bow to him before proceeding to make her report to him.

“Service & Supply has begun once all requisition has been verified by base administration. We are 25% done with Phase 1 of the service & supply at the moment.”

“That is good, let us hope that all will be done in time when the new neophytes are ready to embark for their tour of service.”

“Would you like to see the details of the work in progress sir?”

“Do it.”

Obeying the Grandmaster’s order, the matriarch opens the bag she carries with her to reveal a pearl which is the size of her palm. She throws the pearl up into the air & the pearl burst into a display showing the work progress that the Grandmaster is concern about.

“Good. Ensure all phases are done as scheduled.”

The Grandmaster remarked with a smile, indicating his satisfaction with the ongoing work which is under the supervision of the matriarch. Listening to his respond, the matriarch closes the display & condenses all the collected particles back into a pearl again.

“Are there anything else that you would like to see Grandmaster?”

“No, that will be all for now. Please call Kisaeng, Manyeo & Mudang, there are arrangements that I require their assistance.”

“Yes sir.”

The matriarch, while still holding the pearl lifts it above her head, where she made the pose of reflecting sunlight with the surface of the pearl. The light works from the pearl soon made three more avatar of women dressed in Hanbok appear behind the matriarch. The woman on the left of the matriarch is dressed like a noble woman while the woman on the right of the matriarch is dressed like a great shaman. The one standing right behind the matriarch is dressed in an attire of a courtesan.

“Grandmaster, we are here are summoned.”

The trio ladies addressed their superior where Manyeo the witch produces an opened traditional fan & made a noble salute, Mudang the shaman produces a bell & shakes it with a respective gesture & Kisaeng the courtesan produces a writing brush & scroll to make a scholarly display at the Grandmaster.

“Kisaeng, you were with us at the debriefing earlier, has Grease Monkey & Brain Wyrm submitted their reports?”

“Yes sir.” She replied after unfurling & reading her scroll to verify its contents.

“Good, relay this to all Great Masters of our local cell & tell them that we will have a council to address this matter at hand later today.”

“Will do sir.”

Kisaeng then made some scribbles at the opened scroll before closing it. She then made it scroll spin around her wrist before catching is back again with the hand she uses to hold the scroll.

“Manyeo, what is the status of our teams in Zero Cross?”

“All set & ready sir, it has been a while since last major deployment to the Eastern Pacific Rim Region. With Astral Sage on service & supply, we can draw in volunteers to commit additional teams for the missions you have in mind sir.”

“Very well, have all team leaders to be on standby for sortie, we have poachers to hunt.”

“As your will sir.”

Immediately after acknowledging his orders, Manyeo immediately unfold her fan & made it spin around her right index finger & after a few seconds, she catches her fan with her right hand & folds it back, indicating the Grandmaster’s order has been carried out.

“Mudang, what is the current rate of spiritual & arcane activities in this world?”

“As reported earlier while you are en route sir, these activities are on a rise for the past few months & with the initial response of the locals cells stationed around this world, we are able to put it on a plateau. But in the recent week, they are climbing again which suggests that the organisation behind these activities is increasing their efforts.”

“We have dealt with them before Mudang, it is the nature for every entity to be better each time they hit a dead end.”

“Agreed Grandmaster, I shall continue to monitor the development of these matter. One more thing sir, the C-9 council requires your presence now.”

“I know, all of you, carry on with your duties, you are dismissed now.”

With this order, all the artificial intelligence vanishes leaving the Grandmaster to himself. He then touches several hidden panels at his table which opens a secret passage behind him. Entering the passage, the door shuts silently as it opens for him.

Travelling through the passage, he soon arrives at a chamber. The chamber that he is in houses a vault, which he touches with both of his hands. Closing his eyes, he begins to focus his mind, causing the door to glow with a soft vibration.

Soon the door opens to reveal a room, which is majestically decorated with ornate decorations & tapestries which is ancient yet sophisticated. Lighting the room, there are seven glowing crystals mounted on the walls of the room, which shaped like an octagon.

The door closes immediately when the Grandmaster enters the room & sits in the middle of the room. Closing his eyes, he begins to meditate & at the same time, the stones begin to glow brighter, resonating with his mind.

The Grandmaster opens his eyes, to be greeted with a sight which no mortal could comprehend. He has arrived, to the council which is so illustrious & elusive from the knowledge of many & they are prepared to convene.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

8