Vol.1 Chap. 10 – Puzzling Aftermath
302 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Chuck you see this. What a bloody mess.” A police officer exclaimed to her colleague.

“Yeah Pepper, this is going to be a long day for us.” Her friend sighed at her.

A team of two police officers with the rank detective are at the site of the crime scene, surveying the area before reporting their findings back to the station. Two hours earlier, both of them just started their shift for the day when they got a call for the incident at the abandon factory, which is an illegal workshop.

Apparently, it had spoiled their routine where this duo of policemen always had their morning coffee & sandwiches before patrolling in their assigned area. The source of this news came from someone working with the NGO which provide welfare for the homeless.

She had contacted the police to report what has transpired after being informed by the homeless that are staying around there, where they were awaken by the sounds of fire fight dead early in the morning.

Grabbing their food & drinks, they immediately drive towards the location of the slums where the homeless usually stay. Waiting for them is the welfare worker who had made the report & a homeless old man who had volunteered to take them to the location of the incident.

It is a few minutes’ drive from the homeless area to the crime scene, indicating how close the distance the incident has taken place from where the homeless are staying. These people however daren’t approach the place out of fear for their lives.

Once the crime scene has been identified, they then called for back up to cordon the area from outsiders to prevent it from being contaminated. At the same time, they drove the welfare worker & the homeless man back to the place that they waited for them earlier.

The duo also told them that more police officers will be coming to takedown their statement as part of the investigation work procedures before going back to survey the site.

Chuck & Pepper walked around the crime scene, trying to figure out what had happened recently to the area they are in now. They have entered deeper into the compound of the abandoned factory after marking the first site of the crime scene where four men, who are Caucasian descend lay dead after being shot in the head.

Currently, they are at the second site of the crime scene where the area there is riddle with signs of a fire fight. They had to walk there in order to minimize contamination to the crime scene, as there is some evidence which can be easily destroyed with a single contact by a person.

While waiting for the forensic officers to arrive, they have taken the initiative to record some of the evidence that they are able to spot immediately, such as the corpses of those dead men guarding the gate, the conditions of the gate after being rammed by a heavy vehicle, the tyre tracks of left there & many more.

Before going to the inner area, they have parked their car parallel to the position of the entrance to block any other vehicle that might be entering the area. That is what had happened earlier which lead to where they are now.

What puzzles them is at the scene of the fire fight, there are no traces of spent ammunition casings from another group which attack the dead people at the scene. They only found ammunition casings used by the weapons belonging to the dead at the scene.

From their knowledge & experience gained from working is past cases, they more or less able to discern the relative position of the attackers when they fire their weapons. But without the ammunition casings, Chuck & Pepper is unable to be sure where they actually are when engaging with their foes at that time.

“Not a single bullet case at the crime scene from those attackers.” Chuck muttered to himself.

“Chuck, come here.” Pepper called her partner.

“What is it Pepper?” Chuck replied as he made his way to his partner.

She was standing beside a truck which has ran through a shutter & looking into the goods compartment which was blown open by an unknown explosive device. What interest her were not the dead bodies in the vehicle or the cause of the explosion. It was a strange device which has been damaged by the explosion.

“That is something odd we have here.” She voiced her thought to her partner.

“Yeah, doesn’t look antique to me.”

Suddenly, they hear a laud horn from a vehicle outside the compound. It is the forensic team & they have arrived to document all the evidence at the crime scene. Both of them wanted to examine the device further but they knew that they need to brief the forensic team on the crime scene before they could start their work.

Walking back to the main gate of the abandon factory, they are greeted with the sight of the forensic team starting their work by themselves on the four dead men that are lying at gate.

“Chuck, Pepper, what are we dealing here?” The Forensic Team Leader asks them.

“A strange scene where a fire fight had happened William.” Chuck replied.

“What do you mean by that?”

“We found many dead bodies but no bullet casing left behind by their attackers.”

“Hey man, this is serious. Are you sure you are not low on coffee?”

“Will, I am serious. There are even no traces where those killer clean up their mess after the job.”

“Holy shit, 30 years of me in the field & this is the first thing I hear in my life.”

“Anyway, what you got from those dead kids here?”

“Shot like being standing in front of the firing line.”

“That is brutal.”

“Yes, no kidding, I can’t find any traces that those killers confronted them. It is like a synchronized shot being taken on them.”

“Sounds like former Special Forces for hire.”

“Judging from the setting of this scene, there is only one direction that those shot can be made. Can you check it out for me?”

“Sure. I’ll call you if I find anything there.”

Pepper meanwhile went into their car to move it to allow the forensic team to drive their vehicles in later to the second site of the crime scene the moment they are done with the first site of the crime scene.

When she is done, she saw Chuck started walking towards a direction, presumably the direction where the shots which killed those dead men came from. Wasting no time, she quickly walked towards him to catch up with him.

“What did William manage to find?” She asks.

“He thinks it is the work of some former Special Forces guys.” Chuck told her.

“What are you doing now?”

“Trying to find where they made the shot on those kids.”

Both of them slowly walked, trying to trace if those killers left anything. But they could find little indicators to verify anything. As they are about to give up, Chuck raise his hand to signal he had found something.

Fresh skid tyre marks on the road, where it appears someone has been ramping speed for his vehicle to breach a barrier, which is obviously the gate of the crime scene.

“No bullet casing again.” Chuck muttered.

“Yeah, but look at the distance & direction.” Pepper suggested her partner.

“Clear view to their targets.” Chuck replied after turning around & observing for a while.

“I estimate that they are about 200 yards away.” Pepper declared.

Though they are able to determine the point of attack, they are unable find any other evidence to have a solid proof that the attackers started their attack from this position.

They are forced to turn back to the main crime scene to continue their work & to break the bad news to William that nothing much can be found except those tyre skid marks.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

8