Vol.1 Chap. 15 – Relationships & Another Vision
191 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dixon has arrived at his favourite place for relax & leisure, that is the Gabrielle-Roy Library. There are many reasons why this library is his favourite such as the environment & amenities there.

Most of all are the shops around there that are convenient for him if he needs to get something before going back to the library to spend more time for his hobbies. Aside from studying & hobbies, Dixon also engaged lightly in all form of sports where badminton is his primary choice.

Walking from the bus stop the group passed several shops while on the way to the library. With a café as one of the shops they had to go through to get to their destination, Dixon was spotted by a familiar face.

“Hey Dixon, how are you? Where are you heading?” An elderly Caucasian man in his early 60’s called out to him, causing the young man to stop.

“Morning Uncle Mason, I’m fine. I’m going to the library.” He replied back.

“That is way so fast for you to recover from the accident last week.”

“Nothing stops a man with a big heart uncle.”

“You know, your Aunt Pauline is wondering when you will be back to the badminton court.”

“How about this evening? Right everyone?” Dixon said & at the same time looking around at his friends.

His entire friend nodded their heads, signalling an agreement to the arrangement which have been made in front of them. It has been a while they last visit the other place they hang out a lot due to the recent exams before the holidays.

“Don’t forget to drop by in the kitchen after the match. Aunt Pauline has a new recipe waiting for you.” Uncle Mason added.

“Sure do, I can’t wait to see what it is.”

“By the way, I got something to show you in the garage after dinner. You might want to tell your parents that you are having a sleep over.”

“Thanks uncle. I can’t wait to see it.”

“You kids take care, I got to get something for your Aunt or we won’t be having dinner.”

“You too uncle, see you later.”

To many of his friends & family, he is seen as a person who is involve in many things on the surface as he has a large variety of interest at play. Some even started at the tender age of 6, but as his parents are very strict & protective of him, he is not allowed much to pursuit his interest.

This ended when his twin siblings were born, that time, he is already 10 years old. With the newborns arrival, his parents begin to relax their control over him to pay more attention to their infant children.

The boy was at lost with the new freedoms for him, not sure what to do. Soon, he begins to explore everything around him. With the flow of time, this is what led him to be today, caused by the isolation by overprotective parents & limited interaction with people around his age.

He has friends, but not many. However, they are genuine & for him it is better than having those who only take it as a game in society. They have been together many years since grade school & now, all of them are in the same high school.

The degree of their friendship had been a deep one, where they are now more like family instead of friends. So does Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline, both of them are more like his parents instead of his own birth parents due to the rift caused by their action of being in control too much on Dixon when he was a little boy.

They entered the library & went to their favourite spot in the study hall. All of them went to search for their much needed study reference while Dixon volunteered to look after their sitting place in the hall.

While waiting for his friends, Dixon gave thought on what had happened between him & his parents so far & the conversations that they had over the issue between them & its aftermath.

Dixon’s birth parents knew what the damages they had done to their child. They can only hope that time will help to heal the rift that was made by them. They had changed their ways when raising his twin siblings to ensure that they will not suffer like him.

That however added fuel to the fire as it is seen as a preferential treatment when Dixon was entering his rebellious phase in life. These set of causes & conditions had widen the rift but little can be done as it is a necessary change which happens at a wrong timing for them.

He thought about it again & again till suddenly he realised that his surroundings has changed. Dixon found that he is now having dinner with his friends along with Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline who is a Caucasian woman in her late 50’s.

“What’s wrong Dixon? It’s your favourite fish & chips.” Aunt Pauline called him, trying to get his attention from dazing around.

“Oh, just thinking of something.” He replied.

“I don’t think it is something, it is someone named Sydney Wilson right?” Davey interrupted.

Dixon wanted to respond to his friend teasing him, but as he opens his mouth he hears a loud noise approaching towards them from outside Uncle Mason’s home. Turning his sights towards outside the house, he sees bright lights shining into the dining room of the house.

There is nothing can be done by all that are present in the dining room as the truck crashes into the place that they are having their dinner. Everything goes blanks & Dixon realizes that someone is shaking him by his shoulders it is Davey.

“Hey bro are you alright? You have been spacing out now.” Davey called his good friend

“I’m good. Are you done looking for the books you need?” He responded.

“We are all done except you.”

“Ok, so I’ll go & get my books now.” Dixon told Davey as he moves to look for the books he need in the library collection.

Outside the library, in Shepherd Team’s vehicle, the psionic sensor was set off again. This got Snow Owl’s attention, who had the job of guarding the perimeter of the using their vehicle sensors. Furthermore, Storm Pheasant who are high above the skies have relayed what it had detected to Wine Yard its handler.

“Shepherd Team, Shepherd Team, this is Wine Yard, come in.” She called the team onsite.

“This is Fox Hound, what’s the status?”

“Storm Pheasant has detected a spike of psionic energy in the south zone of the library from Little Lamb. Who is there now?”

“Dire Wolf here, I have visual on the subject. Reporting that subject is dazed for around 10 minutes before his associate roused him back.”

“Acknowledged Dire Wolf, who is in the recon cruiser?” Wine Yard replied.

“Snow Owl here, verifying psionic energy reading onsite.”

“Acknowledged Snow Owl, will relay this to Omega later.”

“Black Bear here, I am now en route with the grub package. Why do you guys always get the best of the pie?”

“Is it because you are their team runner?” Wine Yard asked him.

“No way.” He answered back.

“Anyway, you guys get a bite. It’s not good to have a cold meal, Wine Yard out.”

“Thanks, Shepherd Team out.” Fox Hound replied, ending the conversation.

In their vehicle, Snow Owl is greeted by Black Bear bringing their food. They proceed to chow down their meal as quick as they could in a proper manner before switching their post with Fox Hound & Dire Wolf which is on watch in the library.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

7