Vol.1 Chap. 17 – Grandmaster & Boy
155 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dixon was walking outside the library after spending some time attending to his affairs in there. He is not happy as his plans had gone down into the drain now. The cause of this unpleasant feeling just happened an hour ago.

It was a hurtful embarrassment & he wanted to bury his head somewhere at a place that no one knows. That is why he excused himself from his friends after the unexpected incident which had left a bad aftertaste in his feelings.

The reason why Dixon made that call to his friends is caused by his lack of control in terms of self expression. His friends know it too, as it had happened in the past when they are hanging out with him.

Davey who often tag along with him was there to witness the event first hand, where Dixon was harshly rejected by his crush, who is Sydney Wilson. The blow he got was heavy & it is done in front of his rival & enemy too, who is known as Jean Levy.

The anguish was further elevated by the presence of his whole gang that are accompanying him, where they join in the act to further humiliate him by cheering at his lost & jeering at him.

Sitting at the bench at a the nearby bookshop, he stared blankly to the streets in front of him thinking of what he is going to do next for the plan that he had to scrape off from his initial thoughts.

“Hello there.” A voice greeted him, causing his to get back to his sense just to see a Caucasian man in his early 40’s standing in front of him, it was the Grandmaster who is a stranger to Dixon’s eyes at the moment.

“Hi.” Dixon responded shortly.

“Can I sit here?”

“Yes, it is not occupied.”

“Thanks, but by the look of your face, you are hoping that someone special will be sitting beside you right?”

“How do you know?” Dixon asks the man after a short moment of silence between them when the man sits beside him.

“As I am approaching you to ask you if this seat is free or not, I notice your hand is on it & you are looking for someone beyond the crowd there.”

“I see, well... it is not important anymore. She won’t be taking this seat anymore.”

“Never mind about that young man, maybe god is making sure that seat is open for the one meant for you. Just take it as she got chased away by god.”

“Are you sure mister?” Dixon asked in an appalled expression, unable to accept what is being told by a stranger.

“With all that I have been through my life, I am very sure lad.”

“Lucky for you mister, bet your wife is a wonderful woman.” Dixon replied with a jealous tone, causing the man to smile lightly in pride.

“Look lad, you have years ahead of you to be very sad. How about paying attention to the people who is willing to make you happy?” The stranger advises him after giving Dixon a light tap on his left shoulder with his right hand.

Those words hit Dixon like someone sleeping being splashed with cold water, causing them to be awake. The searing pain that he felt in his heart has being to subside & he begins to see what kind of nonsense that he had been up to these days.

All these years from Junior High till the start of high school, his efforts to woo the girl of his dreams had all been vain. Much time was spent, much effort was made & much resource was invested, but all yielded the results opposite of expectations.

Tears trickled down from his eyes, as the sadness that has been held back begins to pour out in the open. He cried in the open softly in front of the stranger sitting beside him & it took a while for him to calm himself.

“There there lad, it ok. Here, take these, you must be hungry after all that you been through today.” The stranger comforted him & at the same time offered a sandwich & a small bottle of yogurt drink from the shopping bag that he brought along with him.

Realising that he had not eaten anything at lunch, Dixon accepted the offer. After eating the food, he no longer felt tired & depressed. With that Dixon started to tell about his story with the girl that he is interested with.

Though his listener is a stranger, he couldn’t care about it anymore as he had acknowledged the conclusion between him & the girl he liked with him. The reality where Sydney Wilson does not love Dixon Swansong have been accepted & he now moving on from the past.

He talked about the happy beginning that started between them, then unpleasant development between them & then finally the sad events that lead to his unhappy ending where the epilogue which happens an hour ago. Finishing his story, he noticed that his friends, led by Davey had arrived looking for him from a far distance.

“Thanks for listening to my story mister.” He thanked the stranger.

“No problem, it’s good to listen to stories from you youngsters. Makes us elders think how things could have been different if we make the other choice.” The stranger chuckled.

“I got to go now, my friends are here. By the way, what is your name mister?”

“Oh, it’s Rider, Michael Rider.”

“I Dixon Swansong, nice to meet you Mr. Rider. Bye.” The young man excused himself to join his approaching friends.

The stranger smile & wave good bye as Dixon looked back at him. After a while, a figure uncloaked himself beside him. It is Snow Owl which had handed over his duty to Rat Bait. Following Dixon as he is moving away is from them is Roach Trap indicating that the change of guard had happened.

“Exterminator Team, Exterminator Team, this is Omega over.” The Grandmaster called.

“Bug Zapper here, ready & willing sir.” The team leader responded.

“Make sure you people are armed & ready for dinner. We got intel that there will be uninvited guest crashing at ‘Dinner with Godparents’ tonight.”

“Are you sure sir?”

“We have positive confirmation. Little Lamb might not be able to control his powers, but its precision is deadly. I’m sending to the details now.” Using the power of his mind, the Grandmaster relayed what he had seen in Dixon’s vision the moment he gave him the tap on his shoulder.

“Psionic transmission received sir, will prep according to the received intel data.”

“Good, Shepherd Team, you got some nice hours for R&R here before the next mission, make good use of it.”

“Roger that.” Fox Hound replied.

Both the Grandmaster & Snow Owl waited for a while & soon a vehicle arrived to pick them up to their base to prepare for the next phase of their operations. After burning those shops last night, it is time to kill the supervisors.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

6