Vol.1 Chap. 25 – Mixed Double for Badminton
128 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clock shows that it is 4.00p.m. afternoon in Quebec but due to the winter season which is coming in, daylight hours has been getting shorter & shorter. In another neighbourhood near the city, there is an indoor court for summer games which can be rented by those who are still interested to play summer games in the winter season.

For this particular evening, it is fully booked, which is a ruse by the owner to close early for the day as it is a special evening for them. The owners, Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline had made their indoor court for Dixon & his friends to have their first game since his recovery from the accident last week.

Dixon & his friends had arrived for their badminton games since 5.00pm. Their reason for this is to spend as much time as possible playing the game before dinner time with the elderly couple who they regards as another parent figure aside from their parents.

So far in their knowledge, the couple used to have a son serving in the Canadian Armed Forces. However it is a subject they seldom wanted to bring up as their child had been killed in the recent war in Afghanistan in the early 2000.

It is a sad memory on how they lost their son in the war, but there are exceptions as occasionally, should there are events that made the couple recall good memories of their son, they would shed a little light on the details of their son to Dixon & friends.

The gang had planned a mini match among friends where they will start with doubles for the first round of the match which will end with the pair of partners with no wins to be eliminated. In the second round, all the remaining paired partners from the doubles round will split up to for the semi finals & finals of their match.

Taking into consideration with dinner is around the corner. The match to decide who will be in the 3rd & 4th placing will not be played due to time constrains. It seems everyone is curious on what surprise did Uncle Mason had for Dixon, that is why they decide it is best to finish early before dinner.

Dividing among themselves for the teams of the doubles match is easy. They have two couples in love & best partners in crime, making the outcome are so obvious, where team 1 is Dixon & Davey, team 2 is Adrian & Shelley & team 3 is Jimmy & Candice. As they are about to start, their match were interrupted by the arrival of uninvited guests.

Two more young ladies had arrived to the court unannounced. They are fully dressed for the game of badminton & brought along their rackets for the sport. Their sudden arrival made Dixon looked at them with a dismayed expression, for they have thrown a wrench to the arrangement they made earlier before starting the game.

“I’m sorry.” Someone apologised to Dixon, it was Shelley.

She knew that Dixon had issues with his plans getting messed up, be it by acts of others or by acts of nature. Shelly knows that it is her fault for spilling the beans to her seniors in the Sorority, but they have begged her to tell more about their plans. The kind hearted junior couldn’t help but to tell them everything after much begging.

Dixon knew who both of them are, they are the Romanov sisters from their high school. The younger sister, who is in her sophomore year, is Sheila & the one in her senior year is Connie. Both sisters are quite popular at school & they have many admirers especially the boys.

Both ladies are at a similar height & they gave off the vibe of a smart & seductive lady to those who have just got to know them. Their interest at Dixon started when they running an event at school, where it is a literature & art festival organised by their club, which is the “Literature & Art Club”.

He won a prize at their event, where the poem & accompanying art which he had submitted to the competition won the special prize, which is the newcomer award of the competition. As the committee members who assisted the judges who are judging the works submitted for the competition, they have access to the works submitted by participants.

That time, he submitted his work using his pseudo name, Black Swan instead of his real name, which is Dixon Swansong. The sisters’ curiosity soon led them to him, where they used their privilege as committee members to find out who is the one who uses the pseudo name to participate in that event.

Shy guy Dixon what shocked by their approach on him, where they invited him to joined their club. As he is an introvert, it is not easy for him to respond to them. Furthermore, Sydney Wilson was his infatuation that time & by using the competition, he hopes to impress the girl of his dreams. That is why he paid little attention to them, aside from the occasional literature & art engagement with them in the club.

Dixon response was a little surprise, but he does not have any animosity at them. They are just trying to be friends with him since the day they get to know him. But it is an awkward matter to him as he had only interacted girls with the presence of his friends who are boys around them.

“It’s alright Shelley. Thanks for inviting them.” Dixon assured her.

She was surprised, seeing such reaction from Dixon. Usually he would walk off to somewhere for a while before coming back to attend to them again after cooling off his head.

Such development is new to her & her friends who had witness his reaction. They are further astonished to see him calling Aunt Pauline with his phone, asking if there is enough food for everyone later with the additional two more guests which had joined them in the very last minute.

“Hey Davey, we got to change the game a little here.” Dixon called his best buddy.

“Yeah, what do you propose?” Davey asked.

“You team up with Sheila while I team up with Connie.”

“Sure bro, that means semi finals & team placing right?”

“Yeah, let the game begins.”

Hearing his reply, Davey could help but smile. Looking at his friend’s expression, Dixon knows that his good buddy is really happy this time for getting the chance to spend some time with Sheila, who is his crush.

In Dixon’s group of close friend, only Davey is a year elder than the rest of them. He has been infatuated with Sheila on the first day they meet as freshmen as both of them are in the same class.

Dixon smiled, feeling happy in some way for making such decision. Telling the newly arrived players of their arrangement, they smiled in relief as the response from Dixon is not what they have anticipated.

Sheila is really happy as she gets to pair up with Davey for the mix doubles match that they will be having for their game of badminton this evening. Connie, her elder sister is happy & hopeful as she gets to team up with Dixon for the game.

She is elder than him, but somehow she finds him to be more attractive than the guys around her age. With all arrangements being finalized, the game begins for them where they were joined by Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline who will be taking their role as judges.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

5