Vol.1 Chap. 34 – The Enemy’s Comeback
71 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both husband & wife of the De la Croix could feel the energy & discern the positions where it is coming from. After the explosion in the kitchen, the couple waste no time in terminating the remaining of these Hunter Automatons still lingering in there.

Out of the five which have landed in there, three of them are destroyed by the explosion while the remaining two received minor damages as most damage from the explosion was taken by their destroyed kin.

From the safely of their cover in the house, the couple fired their weapon with extreme prejudice at those lifeless entities who are slaves to its master, ending them their servitude with high powered energy shot from their long guns set in blaster mode, which is calibrated to destroy such relentless enemy by shattering them.

“Bloody hell, what did that bratty lass Gwynne did this time?!”

These are the word going through Uncle Mason’s mind when he sense Dixon using his psychic abilities. The couple knew Gwynne have issues with Dixon when register his psychic & magic signatures into her database. The A.I. had a close ties with their late son, where it regarded him as her own father, as he is her creator.

It has refused to acknowledge Dixon, whom she will be assigned to look after when the time is right for her to begin her duties. Mainly she does not want to be reminded of the wounds she had, caused by the events leading to his death.

“Mason. Honey, what’s wrong?” Aunt Pauline asks her husband.

“We need to hurry. You sense that also right?”

“Yes.”

Not knowing to them, their fears have been confirmed by the adversary. The handler of the automatons also noticed where Dixon is located the moment he started using his powers, where the young man had subconsciously charged the arrow of his longbow the moment he took aim at the unknown threat that he face in the indoor court earlier.

The unknown woman sent what is left of her automatons, where a team of four Hunter Automatons begin to make their way to the indoor court which is nearby the house. They are sent to make a detour to avoid attacks from the defender of the house.

Earlier on, Exterminator Team had engaged with her forces & the initial attack had cost the life of her partner, which is the truck driver which has been killed by the Grandmaster’s sniper attack earlier. Losing him has been a blow to her as both of them each commanded ten automatons.

The attack was unexpected by both of them & it cost them dearly as it had put a strain on her with the added amount of automatons that she needs to control to be doubled. She is lucky where the sniper did not bother to attack her after shooting the truck driver earlier when she is evacuating from her van to the back of the truck.

Left with only twelve out of the twenty automatons she had around her, she had to mobilize them for their defences while the away party raided the house to capture their targeted bounty.

By controlling that many automatons beyond her limit, it had taken a toll on their performances, as she is unable to use her tools to its full potential to accomplish the mission with ease.

With the recent combat development around her, she had lost twelve out of the twenty of those combat constructs she had with her. Eight has been lost in the house raid while four has fallen due to the attack by the defenders around the house & the explosion from the kitchen.

Those defenders are pressing her hard at bay, but little do they know that by destroying those automatons instead of disabling them, they have reduce the burden of control on her to allow her to use the remaining automatons to their full potential.

While she is contemplating on the moves that she is going to make with her recovered advantage, her attention suddenly shifted away to a place nearby the combat zone as indicated by a display screen in the truck.

Some power has been unleashed from the building that is near the house, from the data gathered by the instruments which have been installed in the truck, the computer displayed that the holder of the power is the target which they are looking to catch.

As she started to formulate her new plan, several bullets penetrated through the back of the truck, which is the position that she in at the moment. It made her realise that her adversaries are now aware of her role in the battle. She survived the attempt on her life but the detection & combat control equipment she had with her has been destroyed by the sniper attack.

All is not lost as before the equipment in the truck was destroyed, she had managed to memorise the new location of the target in the heat of the battle. She smiled with renewed hope as she can finally now complete her quest for her bounty.

Although she no longer able to share with her partner, it is least of her concern as she can recruit another after the hunt has ended. Also, less men is always more share is the only statement in the thoughts of this greedy woman’s mind now.

The remaining of the automatons left are the ones belonging to her while the ones lost are those belonging to her partner along with two from hers. Having access to the full potential of her automatons, she begins to hatch her surprises for the defender both inside & outside of the house.

While Exterminator Team is busy handling her automatons, she started to make some onsite calibration to the combat constructs she has left. Knowing that are still dangers to her life the puppet master of these lifeless being had take refuge under the truck to ensure that she will not be interrupted by her enemies while her work is ongoing.

Although it only takes minutes for the deed to be done, to her whole is doing the calibration in the mist of the battle, it felt like hours due to the intense situation that she is facing now.

Yet the wait was worth it as the device which she uses to make the calibration of those combat constructs begins to show that it done in her combat & control display of her helmet.

Smirking with satisfaction that her adversaries will not know what hit them, she touches a device on her wrist to activate the calibration which is set for execution. From that point onwards, all those constructs under her command begin to execute the new commands given to them by their master.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2