Vol.1 Chap. 40 – The Defence Aftermath
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Young Master, wake up! Please don’t die!”

A tearful voice called Dixon again & again non-stop, it is Gwynne & tears can be seen flowing out from her eyes like a micro water fall from her tiny eyes. Responding to her cries, Dixon begins to open his eyes.

Looking around at his surroundings, he noticed that a person dressed in a similar suit like Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline before they went to tend to the threat invading their house earlier.

His helmet concealed his face, preventing Dixon from discerning the identity of the person who is tending to his wounds. In his current state where he is weaken by the combat wounds that he had sustained earlier fighting with the automatons, his senses are dulled due to the consequences of overexerting himself.

However, deep in his heart, he knows the person who is tending to him does not emit any malicious intent towards him. The masked ham instead radiated an aura benevolence thus calming him from his state of alertness, hence allowing him to rest after suffering from all the ordeals which had plagued them in the past hours.

“Little lass, would you mind opening the door to the shelter. I believe the concern companions of your young master are eager to talk to him.”

Hearing the masked man request, Gwynne nodded her head at him. Listening to the voice tone & the manner of speech, Dixon realised that it is the same person who he had recently meet outside the library at lunch time today.

“That… voice… It’s you…” He responded with a soft weaken voice.

“Hush lad, save your strength, you nearly dated death just now.” The masked man replied.

Footsteps can be heard later, indicating that there is a group of people arriving from outside the indoor court. Too weak to move, Dixon could only glance at the passage way where the sounds of the footsteps come from.

Appearing from there are figures of seven people, where one of them, who is a lady is being bound & escorted by the remaining six who wear the same suit like Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline.

The captive however, wears a different outfit, which has designs which make anyone looking at it to be assailed by a sense of unease whenever anyone looks at it. However, Dixon & the rest of those people wearing those combat suits are unfazed by it, but Davey & the rest of his friends could feel a sense of dread.

She was immediately sent into the shelter, where is used as a temporary holding room till they transfer her to an actual holding cell at a safe house which is nearby their current location now.

Verifying that the captive is now confined, Gwynne sealed the shelter again after locking all systems in the shelter, ensuring the she will not be able to contact her handlers that could be waiting for the results of her raid.

“Everyone, helmets off!” One of them commanded the whole group.

All of them obeyed his command, where the helmets of everyone wearing those combat suits begin to fold to be stored into the compartment around their neck, thus exposing their faces to the young adults there.

The person who commanded them is no other than Uncle Mason himself. Knelling beside Dixon, he checks on his condition. Smiling with relief, he gave a thumb up to the stranger who is healing him at the moment.

“You still like to mess with me whenever I am doing my work eh brother.” He jeered mildly at Uncle Mason.

“You know that old habits die hard even after a few centuries.” Uncle Mason chuckled back at him.

“Both of you, for god’s sake cut it out. The kids are watching.”

The two men are reprimanded by Aunt Pauline, who finds that their behaviour as elders to be unsuitable to be demonstrated in front of both their juniors & the young adults that just got out of the shelter. They are silent at a moment, but then, they grinned back at her much to her dismay on their behaviour.

“Commander, area cleared & secured.” Bug Zapper reports to his superior.

“Thank you master superior, you & your team can take a rest now.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Wine Yard, maintain perimeter watch. The area may be safe now, but there is no harm to be vigilant.”

“Will do sir. Setting Storm Pheasant into patrol mode.”

“Good. Carry on.”

The young adults who are there are puzzled with the new development going around them. But choose to be quiet at the moment as they are totally clueless, as they are not sure of the correct questions to ask to the people related to Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline who are around them.

Dixon appearance soon got better, with the wound sustained by him earlier, both internal & external has been closed & the blood circulation in his body restored. This indicated that his life is no longer in danger, causing the person healing him to stop his work & instead let him lie against the wall of the shelter.

In his assessment, he concludes that Dixon’s body is now able to continue recovering by itself without assistance from his healing skills anymore. Furthermore, excess channelling energies to an object, both living & not be hazardous.

“Thank you.”

These are the words that he could say at the moment & at the same time pondering what is going on around him. His flow of thoughts is cut short with a tap on his left shoulder which its sensation can be easily recognisable by him.

It is Davey, his best friend along with all his friends had gotten out of the shelter which houses them for the duration of the emergency earlier. His friend is upset, which is being express with the degree of force that he used with his taps on his shoulder, since it is not fully recovered, it still hurts upon being touched.

“What got into you head Dix? Staying outside alone? Nearly died out there?” Davey questioned his friend.

“That is enough Davey. Let Dixon rest while we debrief all of you.” A voice boomed beside him, it is Uncle Mason.

It is unnecessary for Mason De la Croix to use such a tone when talking to them, but he felt it is necessary to have things under the control of his authority as they are now in the premises of his properties. As those young adults will have many things that they want to know.

“Dixon this is my elder brother Larson, you have met him earlier at the library today.”

“But… he gave me a different name when we met.” Dixon informed him.

“It is a practice in our line of work.” He replied with a smile.

“Looks like you are enjoying your journey as a wandering master.” Larson joined the conversation.

“I can say the same to you. You did a good job as a guild master.” Mason snickered at his brother.

“Wait a minute, what are you uncles talking about?” Dixon asked the two elders who are so immersed in the conversation with their own technical language.

“Oh just some reunion jousting.” Uncle Larson explained.

“Before we move on… Gwynne! Come here you bratty lass!” Uncle Mason called the AI with a stern tone.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2