Vol.1 Chap. 42 – Unexpected Energy Rampage
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mason begins to talk about the history of him & his wife as everyone took their seats in the meeting room of the indoor court, aside from Pauline & Queenie who is preparing drinks in the pantry for them while waiting for supper to be delivered from the Celestial Sanctuary.

All of them have been teleported by Queenie to the meeting room as they are all tired from combat earlier. They sat at the rectangle table divided into two groups with Mason taking the seat between them.

Seated at Mason’s right is his brother, Larson & the members of Exterminator Team while at his left are Dixon & all his friends. With assistance of Gwynne, who shows pictures to help the children to understand the topics being explained, he begins with their origin, where their home is Magnalund, which is a place from another world & their race, which had appearances that do not reflect their actual age.

Mason chooses to have his debriefing to be simplified, for not wanting get everyone bored with a grandfather’s story. Details of the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation, which are non-classified, are also provided to help them understand the objectives to the roles of the foundation which are vast & diverse.

That moment is the first time Dixon had a glimpse of the actual story of the De la Croix couple only son, named Nelson, who had fallen in the line of duty with the foundation in a world not known to him instead of in the War in Afghanistan as a member of the Canadian Special Forces stationed there as their cover story.

The greatest revelation that Dixon had is that the motivation for both husband & wife for approaching him. Where he is informed that he a being born with additional abilities, which can be considered to be rare in Earth & some worlds but yet common in their world & other worlds which are relatively similar to them.

When asked to explain more, Mason asks Dixon to recall & reflect on the strange things he had experienced throughout his life first, which Dixon did with reluctance with perfection in front of everyone. Mason then use those events to explain the nature of the psionic powers & abilities that Dixon had manifested with him along with its effects & potential consequences.

It made Dixon realised that there are something about him which is yet to be discovered & understood. Furthermore, it had enlighten him to some of the unexplained happenings around him which causes many people to avoid him save for few such as the close friends he have like Davey.

Larson also chipped in a little of his accounts on Dixon’s powers, where his men had detected it presences with their instruments, which is mainly used for the reconnaissance element in their missions. With reports from his underlings, he himself had come here in person to verify it himself.

He had made his evaluation earlier in his room at his house with the residual psychic power of Dixon before meeting him at the library for the full assessment. The Grandmaster gave his verdict to the young man, stating that he has all the attributes he needed to join the foundation as an apprentice.

It is through the rune that Mason put on Dixon which Larson discovered during their encounter at the library that made him to be aware of his brother & sister in law who are keeping tabs on Dixon. This made Bug Zapper’s to realise why his commander, the Grandmaster was so carefree before the attack on the venue that they are guarding for this evening.

Mason continues to explain to Dixon that it is their duties & his attributes that brought them to him. They have been there since the day he was born & as times goes by, it soon developed into affection where the couple soon find that they loved him like their own son. He also confessed that some part of Dixon does remind both husband & wife of their late son as one of the causes too.

“Am I a replacement for your late son?!” Dixon yelled at Mason in front of everyone.

Queenie was surprise by the psionic energy unleashed by the sudden burst of expression made by the young man. She looks at Dixon through the open door leading to the meeting room, then look back at her sister.

Seeing her expression which is a little shaken over Dixon’s reaction of the matter, the goddess gave her elder sister a hug, trying to calm her down a little over the minor fallout from the son that she so endeared to adopt as her own.

“No Dixon, you are never our Nelson’s replacement & you can never be.” Mason answered with conviction at him.

This development stirred up some mixed reaction among Dixon’s friends who are there, the boys held off from expressing anything, putting up a strong impression. As for the girls, they are speechless with the solemn faces they had with them, witnessing the drama which is unravelling in front of them.

Mason knew the Dixon is hurt, those feeling are not caused by the injuries that he had while fighting to for his life earlier. It is a mash of pains derived from rejection, deception & betrayal from the people around him. He is holding himself from crying at the moment, for he refuse to show any signs of weakness in front of them.

With all the bad experiences that he had accumulated, added by the events today this morning, he is at his newest breaking point which can be seen by everyone present around him. Suddenly, he started violently squirming in pain, entering into a seizure like state in front of everyone.

“Dixon!!!”

Davey called his friend in an attempt to get his attention back, but there is no respond from him, as Dixon begins to lose his consciousness again. The sudden commotion in the meeting room also causes both sisters in the pantry come to the meeting room in to find out what is happening there only to be greeted with a scene of a medical emergency.

Mason &Pauline, through their psychic senses noticed that there are more which is unseen in Dixon. It is his powers within him which is starting to react with his emotions & to those who are involve in the works of instructing & training how those powers are to be used, it is a sign of danger toward the wielder of the power & the surroundings around them.

Furthermore, the couple are not the only ones in the room to notice such development. Larson & Queenie both also realised the danger which currently everyone around Dixon is facing & it is something that must be resolved immediately. If neglected, it will be a hazard to every living soul around its epicentre.

The De la Croix couple responded to the danger in front of them immediately with Mason putting Dixon to sit with a lotus position on the floor after hitting some of his acupuncture points to stop the seizures.

At the same time Pauline conjured a magic circle at the spot he is sitting him which is starting to glow more & more brighter as every moment goes on. Touching Dixon’s shoulders, Mason causes arcane patterns to glow around his body which are runes being conjured by him much to those young adults surprise.

“Uncle Mason, what are you doing?!” Connie questioned the elder in her surprise.

“Energy Rampage!”

Larson shouted a warning out for everyone in the room at the same time where the couple is tending Dixon. While the youngsters in the room did not react as they are unaware what is actually going on, the whole Exterminator Team kicked into action, dragging the whole gang out of the room.

All Dixon’s friends struggled against the sudden reaction from these adults as a sign of reluctance to leave him based on what they had experienced earlier. The hardest among them is Davey who refused to leave his best buddy, but he is also powerless against the hold of those warrior masters who took them away from the dangers that they have yet to know brewing in front of them.

“Celestial Sanctuary, this is Cosmos, inform the medical deck to be ready for energy rampage treatment.” Queenie hailed her ship.

“Acknowledge Mistress, hailing medical deck now.” Pixar responded upon receiving her command.

“Wine Yard, this is Omega, we got a situation here.” Larson hailed the team’s combat coordinator.

“Go on sir. I read you loud & clear.”

“I need Shepherd Team to be on standby. We got an energy rampage situation here.”

“Roger that sir.”

“Also, if things go north, we will be resting at the Celestial Sanctuary.”

“Noted sir. Dispatching Shepherd Team now.”

Both of them looked at their respective sibling other upon finishing their chatter to find them in the progress of administering measure to deal with Dixon’s power which is going rampant within him.

The situation is grim, as both of them did not expect that this will happen for Dixon. Glancing at each other, both of them begins to channel their powers to create an energy barrier to contain the dangers which energy rampage will bring to them.

“Larson, the child… He has a very great potential. Will he survive?” Queenie asks him.

“We can only hope…”

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2