Vol.1 Chap. 46 – Unfair Advantage
51 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The whole area of the stronghold got light up like a pinball machine, where Shepherd Team has arrived for a turkey shoot. They started off with Snow Owl firing a rocket from a long distance aided by the optics of his mech.

“Good shot Owl.” Black Bear praised his teammate.

“Thanks, try not to get wasted while landing.”

“All right, Dire Wolf & Black Bear, with me, Snow Old, provide over watch & cover.”

Fox Hound ordered them & immediately all three of them got into action by landing at the landing zone cleared by the explosion caused by the rocket which Snow Owl had fired earlier.

The trio landed in the centre of the empty space of the syndicate stronghold, however they did not made touchdown to the surface of the enemy premises. Upon landing, all of them unleashed their weapons in a unrelenting fury killing many of them who are caught off guard by the distraction earlier.

“Black Bear, deploying Ion Jammer.”

“Ranch Hall, Ion Jammer activation confirmed.”

With the activation of the jammer, everything in the syndicate stronghold went dark. The only thing that provides light to illuminate the blackout is the flames caused by the rocket attack by Snow Owl.

Seeing this, Hell’s Torch & his underlings scrambled to find alternative means of lighting, but find that all their electrical & electronic items to be not functioning. Even a simple tool like a flash light failed to perform its function caused by an unknown reason to them.

“Boss, all our stuffs are not working!” An underling informed him.

“Are you an idiot?! Find something that is useable!”

Hell’s Torch shouted & kicked at the man who did his job to keep his big boss informed of the current situation at hand. That underling did not fight back but instead did what was asked of him although the order given by his big boss is so vague for him to understand at this very dire moment they are having now.

“Shepherd Team, commence assault.”

Upon the jammer’s activation, the whole team goes in with their guns blazing. In return, they are greeted back with heavy gunfire from the people they had attacked earlier. From the wreckage of the rocket attack, if is revealed that the location of their first strike on the stronghold is the vehicle yard of the syndicate stronghold.

At the same time inside, every enforcer in the vicinity burst into action to bring their attention & weapons to the place they believe their enemy is attacking them. Armed with guns brought from the black market, such as AKs & ARs, they charge in with their guns blazing by firing at the general direction which they think is the enemy position.

What they get in respond are loud sounds of pops coming from the direction of the figures that they had fired upon, which look like an oversized theme park costume in front of them. Some of them took a closer look at their enemy where they are greeted by some sight sort of a rapid fireworks display.

“Looks like the welcoming party is here.” Black Bear commented on their response.

“They are fucking late.” Fox Hound replied to his partner.

“Like they say, it is better to be late than never.”

Dire Wolf reminded them of the saying about late before laying another volley of suppressing fore towards the defenders who are putting up a fight against them with a heavy machinegun mounted at his right hand wasting a few thugs which just emerged from a door from the building nearby

“Let get this done quick, this old bear needs to hibernate soon.”

“Oh yeah, they want to die quick, so give them what they demand & you will get yours Bear.” Fox Hound yapped at his team combat engineer.

The non-stop shooting by the defenders has shown them those figures are somehow protected. It is revealed to them that something which has been blocking their attacks from reaching those enemy who is dressed in a comical costume. Little clues could tell them what it they are dealing with except for some sparks in midair.

“Fucking Christ, what are those shiny things?!”

A defender cried in frustration after emptying all his ammunition at those attackers in fancy costume. Thinking that they need more firepower to destroy them, one of them among the defenders fired a rocket at those attackers, revealing something spherical has been protecting them from all the hail of bullets the defenders rained at them.

The uncoordinated use of a rocket fired by the defenders caused some of their own to be killed & wounded. One of them can be seen suffering burns caused by the backblast from the rocket fired at Shepherd Team, which suffer no damages thanks to their advance shields.

“Guys, I think our commander really swat the hornet’s nest.” Snow Owl relayed his observation to his teammates.

“I concur Owl, they are throwing everything they got from us.” Dire Wolf replied in agreement.

“Boss, anymore rockets & we will have those annoying tapping sounds on our frames.” Black Bear warned his team leader upon checking the status of their energy shields after receiving the rocket attack from the defenders who are defending their stronghold against them.

“Boys, you heard the man. Divide & conquer now!”

“Black Bear, heading east wing now.”

“Dire Wolf, going to west wing.”

“Snow Owl, holding south gate.”

“Fox Hound, attacking north quadrant.”

“Ranch Hall here, confirming team action, good hunting boys.”

With that, all members of Shepherd Team immediately mobilised in the Battle Frames for a good search & destroy combat to end their enemy’s reign of soul poaching & trafficking on Earth & for her children.

They move about through the battlefield by hovering towards their objectives & targets, where there is only one order they had in mind which is ‘Terminate All Enemies with Extreme Prejudice’.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2