Vol.1 Chap. 54 – Mistake In The Mist
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The person who is hit by Gwynne’s attack is none other than Dixon, who is now rolling on the ground after losing his balance caused by her attack. At the same time in real life, the medical equipment which is monitoring Dixon’s condition in the medical deck begins to pick up some psionic activity in his brain waves.

The machine reacted to the new development by immediately sending a signal to Pixar who is about to finish her presentation to the people in the wardroom of the Celestial Sanctuary, which is the Orbital Assault Ship they are in now.

This causes her to pause for a while to check her personal device which had alerted her of the new development of the patient who has been admitted to the medical deck cause by an energy rampage.

“Pixar, what’s the matter?” Captain McDonald asks her.

“There is psionic activity in the medical deck & it belongs to the child who is hurt by energy rampage earlier.” She replied.

“Have it on screen.”

“Aye sir.”

Pixar touched the panel of wardroom table in a certain sequence, causing the display in the wardroom to show Dixon’s condition in the medical deck. Much to Mason & Pauline relieve, nothing dangerous is developing in the medical deck. But it does not mean there is nothing happening to Dixon & the area surrounding him.

“Pixar, check the reading of the instruments monitoring him.”

“Right away mistress.”

Touching table with another several sequences, she opens another display which shows the activity of Dixon’s brain waves. Taking a look an interpreting them, Pixar soon realise what is going on with Dixon. At the same time, she could hear a gasping sound from one of her audience, it is Pauline, her mistress elder sister.

“Pixar, zoom to the crystal I put beside Dixon.” Pauline asks her sister’s attendant.

Pixar immediately focus the camera to the position where Pauline had left Gwynne with Dixon before they had their meeting in the wardroom earlier. Looking at the magnified image, she sees something which thought can never happen to an artificial intelligence, where Gwynne can be seen sleeping beside Dixon.

“An AI fallen asleep?! That is impossible!” Mr. Skystrider exclaimed with a surprised tone.

“Hold your horses Mr. Skystrider. There must be something going on.” The captain tried to calm his officer.

“Aye sir, of course.”

“Pixar, what does the readings tell you?”

“The patient is experiencing a dream now. I am attempting to decipher it to get us a view now.”

“Understood Pixar, give it all you got.”

Understanding the urgency of the situation that they are facing, Pixar worked as fast as she could in calibrating a function of the medical instrument which is monitoring Dixon’s brainwaves. Using the ‘Dream Viewer’ function of the machine, Pixar begins to tune the system so that it will be able to receive & display the dream which Dixon is having for them to see in real time.

The screen which is showing the dreams which Dixon is having now soon begins to take shape from its distorted image, where events which is happening in his dream can now be viewed by all those who are present in the wardroom of the Celestial Sanctuary. Upon having a clear image to be viewed, Mason smacked his forehead right away while others had a shock seeing what Gwynne had done to Dixon.

“That stupid bratty lassie did it again!” Mason muttered in shock upon landing a smack at his own head.

“Of all the things she could have done when I ask her to look after him.” Pauline said with a disappointed tone.

At the same inside Dixon’s dream, Gwynne has been panicking as her had made a mess again after promising Pauline that she would look after Dixon. The cause of her blunder is her assumption that something which is relatively similar to her size is another entity which could both help or harm her.

“Daddy, I wish you are here.” The AI cried in her thoughts, not knowing what to do at the moment.

“Gwynne, don’t cry.” A familiar voice called out to her.

She turned around to see a figure walking out from the right passage way. When the fog had clears a little, she was revealed of the identity of the person who had called out for her. It is Nelson, who is her creator & the late son of the De la Croix couple. She jumps towards him with joy upon seeing him, giving him a hug right away without hesitation.

Nelson returned her hug & almost immediately & that made her realises that they are around the same scale for their body sizes. The new inputs from her current environment made her realise that all of them is now in a another realm, but she is unable to identify what kind of realm they are in now.

“Daddy, where are we now?” She asks Nelson.

“We are in Dixon’s realm of dreams little one.”

“How are we going to get out?”

“That is simple.”

Nelson answered to Gwynne while walking towards Dixon who is still suffering from her attacks earlier. Touching him, he causes a faint glow of blue light surrounding him & moments later, he begins to regain his consciousness.

“Ouch, that hurts. What happen?” Dixon asks the one who had aided him.

“You got hit by a disruptor ball.” Nelson told him.

Dixon who is now recovering from his disorientation now notices that Gwynne is with them. It didn’t take long for him to connect the dots on what had happened to him for the past few moments when he is in a shock & awe condition earlier.

“Gwynne! You little runt!”

“I’m sorry!” The AI cried her apologies while running to hide behind Nelson’s back.

“Hold it Dixon. There is an important matter here.” Nelson stopped him in his tracks.

“What is it that is important?”

“It is my last will brother.”

“Who are you to call me brother?”

“I am the son of Mason & Pauline.”

“Nelson?”

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2