Vol.1 Chap. 56 – A Grain of Clues
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What the fucking hell happen here?”

Chuck the police detective, a 6ft man of French decent wondered in his mind as he surveyed the area around him. There is little to describe of the place, except total destruction, with massive wreckage & bodies strewn all over the place.

“Hey Chuck, it is the same like the chop shop a few nights ago. No bullet casings to pinpoint the position of those guns which killed them, only bullet casing from those who are fighting for their lives.”

That is what Pepper, his partner who is a 5ft slim woman of a Vietnamese heritage reported to him through the walkie talkie they brought along with them to check the new crime scene.

“I’m done with the storehouse, what about you Pepper?”

“Same, nothing is left of the garage Chuck.”

Both detectives meet up at the mansion, which is still standing after much destruction which has been made at the area around it. For every yard that they walked around, they can find death & destruction all over the place.

Looking at the door of the mansion which has been destroyed, they find it strange for it to be blown into splinters, causing so much death for those who is caught in its wake of death.

“Jesus Christ, that is a terrible way to die.”

Pepper commented at those who are shot by the door splinters at first glance when entering the mansion. The scene in the building that they are entering is gruesome, where it is an exhibition made by a psychopath to display his skills to the public.

Bodies can be seen dismembered, bisected & pulverized in the building in there. Furthermore, there are traces of bullet holes & explosions along with their victims can be seen as they explore the mansion.

“It looks like a wild animal with super powers going on a rampage here.”

Chuck gave his opinion to his partner, who is now taking a closer look at a room which had its wall blown open, making the room now to be double its original size. Pepper looked the room meticulously, trying to figure out the type of explosive used for the room they are in to be in this state.

“Hey Pepper, do you hear me?”

Chuck called his partner, who is so engrossed with the blast effect that she noticed in the room. It snapped her out from her focus on the explosion which she is looking at to find any important clues that the assailants of this crime scene might left behind, as from the similar crime scene there are little leads for them to have any hot trail to solve the case.

“Oh hey, was trying to find any clues those suspects left behind.” She explained.

“What did you get?”

“Nothing as always, probably the chemlab will give us something after analysis.”

They continued their exploration until they reached a room which looked has been repurposed for broadcasting purposes. Looking at its condition, they concluded that it is the only room which has escaped destruction when the fight had happened.

While inspecting the walls of the room which is still untouched from the damages from the battle that is happening in their crime scene, Chuck noticed an opening which is suspicious to his impression.

“Pepper over here quick!” Chuck called her in excitement.

“What do you got here?” She asks him.

“Jackpot!”

Pepper followed her partner as quick as she could as she is also curious of what Chuck has discovered at the part of the wall which he is standing in front. That time, he had pried open a hidden room which has been hidden by a door which is concealed from the eyes of the common.

Looking into the room, both detectives are greeted by the sight of a collection of video recordings which have been properly stored & labelled by the people who used to work in the now abandoned broadcasting room.

“That’s good, think we have a chance to know those goons who did this to everyone dead there?”

“Maybe, I got a hunch that it will be a good one.”

They enter the room to take a look at the stash of video recordings which have been kept in there which has been properly organised into their respective contents. The class of contents adopted for archive into two main categories, which are ‘Influence’ & ‘Security’ by the one who used to work in this room.

Both of them looked & signalled their choices each other before moving to check out the archive of videos stored in the room where they had decided the videos under the category of influence would be the best choice to establish the motive of the attack before looking for their assailants.

Using a laptop that is mean for the audio video works for all the videos stored in this storage room. The detectives begin their binge watching of a sample of videos which they had selected randomly from the collection which are present there.

“Oh look at that wanking bastard, so full of hot air.” Pepper remarked in disgust as she looked at the speaker of the video projecting his ego.

“At least he looked good as the leader of those dead ones here.” Her partner added his cynical opinion at him.

They watched several more of the archived recordings onsite which helped them to have an idea of their victim profile at the moment, which only scratches the surface of them. For now, they are about to formulate theories on what they are being attacked by their enemy who had came in with guns blazing.

“So much of a great leader for a syndicate.” Pepper remarked on the person who likes to boast in the videos.

“That should be enough for us to understand why someone would want to bust his balls.” Chuck expressed his intention to stop watching the video on the megalomaniac person.

“Yes, how about taking a look at their security footage?” She proposed to him.

“Agreed, they could have leads of the people that had attacked them.” Chuck gave his approval to her.

Both detectives took out several videos which are under the security category for their viewing. Selecting videos which recorded the most recent hours before their arrival, they begin watching them with unshaken focus to pick out the slightest clues that can be obtained from it.

With a determined focus to discover their elusive suspect, both of them started watching the videos which had survived the attack. Unlike the batch of videos that they have watched earlier, the collection from this archive are full of clues that they will be able to procure from their current crime scene.

Screening through a handful of those videos which they had selected randomly within the time frame that they thought the event had happened, the duo detectives had managed to find what they are looking for from the pile of archive which they suspected to contain the clue they need to kick start their search for their suspects.

Although the captured security footage only contains the first few minutes of the crime scene being attacked, it is able to capture some shadows which is totally not human to the perspective of their victims & them.

“That looks so alien.” Chuck expresses his astonishment.

“I wonder what they put to disable everything for that duration.” Pepper voices her curiosity of the item planted moments before everything gone dark in the footage.

“I think we are going to need an expert if we are to know what the fuck is the junk to put there to shut everything up.”

“Why do you say so partner?”

“I have sent some of our kids to do some Q&A with the locals staying around there. All of them said that after a flash & an explosion, everything gone silent like a lightning has struck. Look at this place, one hell of a war & no one notice it a few hours.”

“They don’t bother to have a look?”

“Yeah, they think it is just a lightning strike close to their proximity.”

“This ain’t no fucking joke Chuck.”

“That is why we need to hold a copy of these evidences before someone else takes it away from us.”

“Talk about a rough day again today.”

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2