Vol.1 Chap. 59 – Another New Day
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dixon, you better wash up now, your birth family will be here any moment soon.” Pauline urged him after verifying the details of her sister’s psychic message.

“But where is the bath room mom?”

“There is another better method that going to the bath room.” Mason assured Dixon & at the same time, touching the control panels of his bed.

“Medical Capsule, Wash & Groom Mode Engaged.” A voice speaks from the bed Dixon is occupying.

The medical bed starts to move after receiving its commands from the person who operates it. Dixon who is still on bed is taken by surprised when he realises he is now somehow trapped in his own bed, which is now transformed into a capsule.

“Hey dad? What is going on?” Dixon called while banging at the transparent wall which is now formed between him & his foster parents with his fist.

“Nothing life threatening, just relax & enjoy the show.” Mason speaks with Dixon using his thoughts now as the capsule is now filled with fluid which will be used to wash & fresh him up.

“Is this some function meant to keep someone incapacitated clean?” The young man replied with his thought instinctively.

“Bingo, you are right boy.”

“Okay.” Dixon expressed his relief & at the same time in reflex started to look for a breathing apparatus.

“Chill it young man, the liquid won’t drown you.”

“Huh, really. Sounds like a training to cope with drowning to me.”

The young man held his breath as long as he could as he is being overwhelmed by the self preservation impulses of his body. Dixon’s body tried to prevent itself from drowning. That effort did not last long as Dixon is just a casual swimmer & diver when it comes to the matter related to leisure & recreation with water.

The young man’s body gave up, making way for the medical solutions used for keeping patients who are incapacitated & in the state of coma clean & free from the build up of waste which can harm their health outside their bodies.

With his lungs & guts filled with the solution, Dixon thought he is going to drown but it did not happen. Instead he finds that he is now breathing like normal inside his medical capsule, he tries to speak but unable to do so as liquid has replaced the air needed by his vocal chords to function.

The pumps inside the capsule worked in a certain rhythm, producing a Jacuzzi like wave which made the whole experience to be so pleasant like a baby being pampered in a mother’s womb.

Everything in the capsule lasted for ten minutes, but for Dixon’s side of the experience, it felt like only ten seconds had passed since the process had started. The liquid in the capsule begins to drain the moment the process is complete & Dixon’s coughed out the remaining fluid which is still in his lungs.

Warm air started circulating when last drop of the cleaning solution left the medical capsule. The feeling is a pleasant one, especially when one is done taking a bath. It dried all the whole of Dixon’s body & the clothing that he is wearing since yesterday.

Rubbing the clothes that he is wearing, Dixon finds that it is also has been properly washed much to his chagrin, as he is thinking of changing them to the fresh clothing he had packed for the sleepover at their place back on Earth.

Mason & Pauline has already change since they boarded the Celestial Sanctuary, where they are wearing some sort of a military uniform which can be related to the people around them, as suggested by the symbols & insignia on their clothes.

“By the way, what is the rank shown at the uniform you & mom are wearing dad?”

“That is classified, but you will find out soon as you progress in your training & learning.”

“If you say so.” Dixon responded with a minor disappointment, hoping to learn more of his foster parents.

“We are going to the mess hall now, better be quick if you want to have a bite before the meeting.”

After helping Dixon to get out from his bed in the medical deck, all four of them make their way to the mess hall of the Celestial Sanctuary. Unlike the rest of the other young adults, Dixon hardly pay much attention to his surroundings, but instead moves quickly as he is quite famished from all his ordeals yesterday.

Not eating for the past twelve hours has become a strong motivation for Dixon to move quickly to the mess hall in order to procure some food to quell his raging stomach that has been unattended for such a long period.

The journey to the mess hall is a short one, as Dixon raced through the corridors of the hull of the Celestial Sanctuary much to some of the crew dismay. But seeing that the couple tailing behind him, they decided to let things be for now as in their thoughts, he could be a civilian who is still ignorant with their ways.

Larson & Queenie at the same time had finally got the rest of the young adults to be prepared for their new day after their good night rest in the cabins of the ship. All of them had done their washing up & they are now ready to go to the mess hall for their meals to kick start the day.

“Mr. Larson, where are we going now?” Davey asks their chaperon.

“Why to have something to start the day. Are you kids not hungry?”

“I guess so.”

“If you are not, maybe you should have something to drink at least.” Queenie suggested an alternative for him.

All of them are marched to the mess hall of the ship, where they will be having breakfast before meeting with Dixon, which is what they had in mind with what Larson & Queenie told them yesterday.

They move at a fast pace, eager to meet with their friend which they perceived to be still confined in the ship’s medical deck. Little did they realise that both Larson & Queenie did not told them on his new development on purpose just to surprise them.

“Dixon?” Davey stops his tracks & speaks his friend’s name upon entering the mess hall.

Entering the mess hall, all of them froze up, as they are looking at the person who they thought is sick & needed medical care is now walking energetically picking the food of his choice from the selection of the dishes now being served at the counter of the mess hall.

“Boy, you are not dreaming.” Larson called out to Davey upon noticing his reaction.

“But yesterday he was near death.” Connie remarked at what they are seeing now.

“You are not wrong child.” Queenie told her.”

“Can you tell us how did you treat him?”

“Sure, but you are required to be one of us first before learning it.” Queenie hinted that it is possible to join their organisation to them.

“That is quick of you to promote our prospects to them.” Larson commended her with a teasing tone.

“New blood will always be needed to nourish the old flesh. I don’t see any harm in doing so.”

“Still, to project it at these children, that is very daring of you.”

Both of them laughed over the matter of recruiting the locals from Earth to join their ranks in the foundation, which is still a matter too early to be looked upon. While the peoples of Earth show great promise, having them in their ranks officially is still under consideration due to the divisions that they are having among themselves now, making them to be unable to have a solid representation to the council.

“I would like to join.” One of the young adults spoke, causing Larson & Queenie to turn around & look towards the person who said it.

 

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow

See You Again In The Next Chapter

2