Chapter 0: Prologue – Alex Moqi
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex was born blessed with great intelligence, good looks, and superior reflexes.

Considering only his natural disposition, he should have become a champion of humanity, a once in a century genius, the idol of generations.

Unfortunately, he was born in a war-torn country.

He never had a father and his mother left him only minutes after his birth.

Fortunately, he did not die.

While it was “fortunate”, there was no luck involved: his father had been a special soldier of this conflict-ridden country’s Northern government.

Naturally, a number of factions had their eyes on him and his family.

Seeing that there was a woman with his genes in her belly, one especially well-financed faction “rescued” the widow.

They genuinely cared for her... child.

This faction belonged to an organization in the habit of training young children.

Unfortunately, among their reasons for doing so was neither compassion nor a desire to save mankind or any such “noble” aspiration; money and power, however, were rather high up their list.

Certain citizens of the 21st century who enjoy watching movies might have an idea how this story could continue:

Alex might grow up to become the perfect emotionless killing machine and embark on a route of redemption.

Unfortunately, humans are still humans. While Alex was born extremely gifted, the same could not be said of all his instructors, especially the earlier ones.

After all, he was born in a wasteland: although in the “peaceful” territory of the faction, which was truly rich compared to the other local factions, it was nothing compared to the top branches of the organization, not to mention the main branch.

When his great talents were noticed by the people responsible, the first few of his formative years had already been spent in this environment with the best... third-rate instructors.

But thanks to being born an ace, he continued to rise through the ranks, reaching the top at the age of ten... the top class that is.

He became one of the organizations scions, now his instructors were the best of the best.

And their personal wish to see him succeed went beyond the level of someone hoping for a promotion: he now had the potential to become the right-hand man of a top boss.

Who wouldn’t want to be the instructor of such a powerful person? If he succeeded, they and their families could profit greatly from his favor.

Families? Members of a secret organization could openly have a family, is that allowed?

While families could indeed pose a risk as members might be influenced and/or threatened through them, members could be influenced and threatened this way.

The additional level of control aside, it provided a steady influx of fresh blood, increased the motivation of their members as well as their satisfaction, and was overall difficult to avoid for an organization of their scale.

Like this, Alex grew to an adult under the training of world-class instructors and the eyes of the organization’s top-level brass.

And received his family name, Moqi, upon completion of his training.

While ‘Alex’ had been given to him by his first instructors in his birth country, he received his family name from the big boss himself who reviewed his file and wrote down the name Moqi.

Now that he had finished training, his life could finally begin:

Trained by a secret force, the natural thing was to join the military and experience the excitement of the battlefield...

Yet that would be such a waste of resources!

Since the organization had no need for his biography to read like an action novel, he was sent to university...

2