Chapter 4 – From Jin City With Love (I)
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

... Or so he had thought, but upon seeing the scene in front of him, he changed his mind:

There stood three tall and one pompous but normal-sized guy surrounding one petite girl who looked like she was from Chao Country.

“A foreign student in distress? Finally, something WN worthy!” Alex thought.

Indeed, because of modern monitoring technologies, this was not a common scene in Central, especially not in Toi City; and it should have been impossible anywhere near Xin University.

Since Xin University had a state-of-the-art surveillance system on and around campus, only people with strong backing behind them would dare to do this; but people with such background did not usually embarrass random girls on the street.

So, what were the identities of these guys and the girl?

Alex was already working on that question.

He wanted to quickly jump in and share in the fun, but all of those years being taught to identify your enemy before rushing in were not completely wasted.

With a few quick taps and swipes on his Wristpie, the familiar line of ‘Please stand by while we finish running your query’ flickered before his eyes.

This time, because he did not plan to sit down and take his time, he only requested the summary files of the people on scene:

“Yana Yun, Centraler, female, born in Jin City, ...

“Wow, not a foreign student after all! Turns out this girl is one of the many Centralers of Chao descent living in Jin City. Ha, seems like her father is a small bigshot there...”

He quickly finished reading the summary, and with another swipe, the next summary appeared:

“David (Dawei) Po, Centraler, male, born in Toi City, ...

“Hehe, a native, huh? Got a father in Bion Group, thinks he is a bigshot?

“Oho, I see, the maternal family. Ksks, just some relatives who are members of the lowest level...”

This was the summary of the pompous guy.

If other people were to read it, they would be frightened to death since even someone of the lowest level of the Organization could crush ordinary people, but to Alex...

“Little Wei, I hope you play nice,” Alex thought.

Xin University practically belonged to his big boss’ faction; because he was cautious, he still checked the other party's background, but there were few people he couldn’t afford to offend.

After he’d also finished reading the files of the three tall guys, he quickly strode over.

Those three seemed to follow little Wei because their fathers were his father’s subordinates; they had no background of their own.

The situation seemed to have escalated as David was about to slap the girl who was pressed against the wall behind her; thus, with the speed expected of a boy trained by a secret super organization, Alex arrived by his side and grabbed his hand:
“Guess it is difficult to get girls with your face, but no need to be so sloppy.”

While it was likely that David could get away with attacking a girl in front of Xin University’s private monitoring if Alex had not appeared, his background was nothing compared to his; perhaps his father could smooth things over, but it was more likely they’d have to ask his mother’s relatives for help: embarrassing!

“Where did this fucker come from?”

While Alex was contemplating his moronity, David was futilely trying to free his wrist from that iron grip.

Alex’ gaze darkened when he heard the insult; while he had learned to control his temper where necessary... the dude in front of him did not have the background to make it necessary.

His right foot swooped in and hit David’s knee.

“Uuaaah, you...”

Before he could continue, his other knee got hit as well, and he fell on the ground, writhing in pain.

“Aaah!”

If not for the fact that Alex was still holding his wrist, he’d probably be rolling on the ground.

“Speak more politely. Look at me, do I look like some fucker?” Alex cold voice pierced through little Wei’s whimpering as he released his wrist.

Indeed, the handsome black-haired youth in front of him was not someone you’d normally call a fucker, more like a celebrity, Dawei realized.

Alex on the other hand thought, “Seems like that guy’s lackeys are worse than I thought, look at them still standing there dumbfounded after I leisurely trashed their boss.”

As if they’d heard his thoughts, the lackeys ‘suddenly’ rushed at him.
Well, it was likely supposed to be sudden, but to Alex they looked pathetically slow.

He sighed.

“Should I threaten them with little Wei here, or should I beat them up? Heh, since they did me the favor of attacking, I should use this opportunity.”

Flowing like water, he moved with inhuman speed and hit each of the three a dozen times before they even hit the floor, leaving them in a state worse than their boss.

Upon seeing them like that, their boss, who had just started to slowly get up after realizing his kneecaps weren’t broken, halted his actions and showed a hint of fear before regaining his ‘composure’:

“You better think this through! I have no idea who you think you are, but I am the son of... Aaah!”

He was stopped by the terrible pain he felt when Alex’ foot hit his shin; Alex had used more force this time, and he felt something cracking on impact.

“The son of the guy who did not teach you how to be polite, I know already. Don’t worry, I will teach you in his stead, just wait a moment.”

When Alex’ words reached him through the mist of pain, David’s face turned ashen and the hands holding his injured shin started to tremble; but Alex had already turned around to face the girl, Yana Yun.

“It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope this incident did not frighten you; Xin University is actually known for its safety...”

He stopped speaking and quickly looked to his left, where he’d heard the sound of hasty footsteps; and sure enough, barely a minute later, a heavily breathing youth ran around the corner.

Upon seeing them, he first exclaimed, “Yana!” and sounded relieved; but then his eyes fell on Alex, David, and the other three, and he shouted angrily: “Did these fuckers try to hurt you?!?”

Alex was depressed for a moment: “Why did he stare at me while shouting about those fuckers... It couldn’t be...”

0