Chapter 6 – From Jin City With Love (III)
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The youth, Zhunni, looked at his girlfriend, Yana, as if redirecting the question to her.

She was standing half a step behind her boyfriend with her hand in his, yet she was still trembling.

Seeing his girl was unlikely to speak up, Zhunni said,

“Umm, you asked all pertinent questions, thank you! I am genuinely grateful you helped out.

“I am not sure that I could have taken them all on, haha.”

“Your family obviously has the money AND the power, but it looks like you did not bring any lackeys; that moronic scum on the other hand managed to enroll not only himself but also his three muscled underlings...” Alex thought.

“That scums father must be quite capable while Sonji Gao is the opposite.”

After Zhunni’s response, he said:

“Then you can leave now.”

While he had been interested in Yana at first, it not only turned out that she had a boyfriend, but judging by her reactions, she also wasn’t his type at all.

Thus, her presence had become an annoyance; he preferred playing with the scum some more.

Once again, it was Zhunni Gao who replied,

“Ah, about that, what are your plans with them? I mean, do you need any help?

“Yana can testify that they were trying to hurt her. Also, my father has some connections...”

Alex interrupted him,

“No need, I can handle this. You can go.”

Zhunni seemed really worried: he ignored Yana who was tugging at his sleeve, seemingly trying to convince him to leave, and asked again,

“Umm, are you sure? You beat them up pretty badly... and like you said, this is Xin...”

“Since I dared to, I can obviously handle it. Or do you think I am a moron like that guy?”

Alex interrupted again; his annoyance was reaching a high, so he let it show on his face.

Seeing Alex’ look of displeasure, Zhunni gave up on the issue, however...

“Then I must thank you for handling this. Umm, perhaps, can we exchange contacts?

“In case you need any help or...”

Although he did not need the youth’s help and his persistence was kind of irritating, Alex decided he held no ill intentions, so he accepted:

“Alright, here you go.”

The youth was also wearing a Wristpie, so Alex and he exchanged contact information with a few swipes.

“Then we will be leaving, thank you!” Zhunni left these parting words.

“This was exactly the fifth time that he thanked me, I wonder if he was keeping track,” Alex thought while he watched the youth leave with his girl.

“First time on campus and I gained two contacts, but why is it two guys?” he sighed in his mind.

When he was sure they had left, he used a few swipes to request the environment data.

After a minute, his inquiry had been processed.

“No one else around, then I guess there is nothing stopping me now...”

 

Alex turned his attention back to David Po and his three underlings with a bright smile.

While Dawei was still in an awful state, clearly not having recovered from the recent questioning, his three underlings looked ready to get up.

After all, Alex had only spent a few seconds on each of them.

“While it is unlikely that I’ll find out anything useful by questioning them...

“It will give me an idea of their personality.”

The Organization’s files were usually very complete, even on insignificant existences like these guys; after all, it had access to most of the data exchanged on Earth.

Still, this was still a fast and fun way to get to know their personalities.

Thus, he asked these three guys,

“Now it’s your turn, why are you three following this moron?”

While one of them started to shiver and the other stared at him with glazed over eyes, seemingly failing to comprehend the question, the biggest one of them responded,

“Don’t insult our big bro!”

And tried to get up.

Tried.

Unfortunately, Alex foot swept in and hit him in the pit of the stomach.

“Ugggh!”

“Stay down. All of you!”

The latter part he added because the guy who had shivered earlier looked as if he was about to run away.

“Now, perhaps you should hear it from your boss,” Alex said and then slowly walked up to Dawei.

Hearing Alex mention him, Dawei shivered.

After four steps, Alex had reached him; raising an eyebrow, he asked:

“No response?”

Panic showed on Dawei’s face as he frantically tried to figure out what Alex wanted.

Annoyed, Alex started to count down:

“3, 2, 1, ...”

“Please, I don’t know, I don’t... Aaah!”

“... 0.”

After reaching zero, his foot had stomped down and crushed the scums right wrist.

He would not be able to use that hand for slapping anyone again any time soon.

 

“Uah! Uggh! *Sniffle* ”

Alei’s foot had been too fast for David to react, but now he was pressing his right arm against his body, rolling around in pain.

Alex gave him two minutes before he gave him a light kick:

“Oi! Po’s son, I am talking to you.”

Suppressing his sniffles and moans, Dawei Po looked up at Alex with begging eyes.

“Stop it with the pity act. You were trying to do worse to that girl.”

“She... she would have liked it.”

“Haha! Are you talking back now? Are you telling me you don’t like this?”

“No, no, ...”

“Good, because this is me taking it easy.

“Look, I am no paradigm of justice either, but if you’re such a weakling, you better have the awareness of one...

“Now, tell those underlings of yours to answer my questions without nonsense.”

In a weak voice, Dawei did as he requested:

“Please... Answer his questions...”

“Oh, and advise them to be polite. Luckily, my temper is very good, but other people might have been seriously offended by now...”

This was his own perception.

If he did not hold down his temper, all annoyances would have been removed.

“Please, be polite, be polite!” Dawei hurriedly parroted.

A smile returned to Alei’s face:

“Then I asked again, why are you following this moron?”

A tall black-haired youth was standing alone next to four unconscious bodies.

“Yes, south of the engineering lab, I sent you the exact location.

“Let Dawei Po stay, expel the three others.

“Yes, he stays.

“They probably need medical attention.

“Then I leave it to you,” with that Alex hung up the voice call.

He had called the Contact at Xin University and delegated the boring task of cleaning up to him.

While that person was likely too high up to personally take care of the details, he as the contact should know best who to delegate which parts of this to.

Before calling, Alex had knocked the scum and his underlings out cold; they would likely stay out for at least fifteen minutes longer, more than enough, so he left without worry.

“What an experience... Can I finally go home now, I wonder ...”

1