Chapter 10 – Taking Down the Local Pride (IV)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I know y’all ♪ want me~

“Cuz ♪ I just cut through ♫ heaven~

“I don’t like ♪ green tea~

“So, ♪ I will take y’all ♫ seven! ~ ”

Listening to the music, Alex chuckled.

He took Weite around the entrance, to the round bar of the rooftop.

“If he cannot afford a wristpie, he should have no antiTox,” Alex thought, planning to help the Deizh dude relax.

 

The round bar was already packed, after all, this was the best spot to make connections…

… and to show off!

“Another round of Fizz for all my friends here!”

A lean guy ordered another round just as Alex and Weite arrived.

Although the bar was packed, more than half the occupants were female.

Alex knew most of these girls were employed by this establishment.

While Weite was nervously looking around for a spot, he sent his membership identifier to two girls occupying spots near the lean guy.

These spots with view of the rooftop and the ‘domed off’* entrance behind them were the best.

Seeing Alex’ membership level, they shot him a smile and readily vacated their spots.

“Quite thick but a little too common,” evaluated Alex internally as he watched the black-haired girls leave.

Weite seemed captivated as well, so he almost pushed over the lean guy’s drink as he sat down.

Alex quickly leaned over and stopped the accident.

“Good save!” Weite appreciated.

After looking him over, the lean guy shot him a disdainful glare, ignoring the incident.

Not wanting to make a fuzz over this, Alex asked Weite:

“I think I will try the ‘Fizz’ the locals are drinking.

“Will you follow me or do you want to check the carte?”

Identifying the worried look on the dude’s face, he added,

“No worries, it will be my treat.”

With so many people around, Weite could not refuse too stubbornly, and he felt it would look hypocritically to do so only to give in later, so Weite responded:

“I’ll follow you. Thank you for the treat!”

“Two fizz!” Alex ordered and sent his identifier to the human bar man.

Many high-end places still employed humans for this kind of job because of the flair.

Probably still pissed that the seats next to him were now occupied by two young dudes instead of the earlier girls, the lean guy used this chance to comment:

“Although redheads are nice, your sugar daddy must have some problems down there to turn on the wrong gender…”

As he had known from the moment that he observed this bar’s choice of music…

“People here are quite arrogant.”

Outwardly, he sighed.

Although he had the necessary training to restrain his temperament…

“I was born with the temperament of a dragon. Why would a dragon curl up when there is no need?”

Taking his goal for tonight and the environment into account, Alex nonetheless decided on a mild course of action.

Directed at Weite whose face had turned red from embarrassment, he said,

“Switch seats with me for a little.”

Weite naturally agreed.

Seeing Alex who was now sitting right next to him scowl, the lean guy said flatly,

“What.”

“I am thinking, instead of showing off by buying rounds, perhaps you should spend your money on yourself.

“Buying some common antiTox would be advisable.”

“What?!” the guy did not understand his meaning.

“I am saying you should not get this drunk.”

“What makes you think I’m drunk, huh?”

“You are not drunk?”

“This little amount isn’t enough to…”

“Haah, and here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt…” Alex sighed.

“What are you babbling abo…”

The guy stopped, shocked.

Alex had just grabbed his drink and poured it over his head.

The information on his glasses had erased his doubts,

“With my luck today, I am glad this one will not be a fellow student of mine.”

He had already met one Xin University student here tonight, so he requested the guy’s file to make sure.

Having drenched the guy, he said slowly,

“Now get out of here before you ruin my mood.”

“YOU!”

“…”

“You… you…”

“… and do consider antiTox. It cannot undo brain damage, but it might prevent the situation from worsening,” Alex added.

“You’re dead!”

“…”

In his mind, he questioned, “Such a short sentence took him half a minute? Is he perhaps actually mentally impaired? Well, not relevant. If he ruins my mood, would I not still beat him up?”

Knowing Alex’ bar membership level, both the barkeepers and the girls decisively ignored the situation. But the minute Alex requested it, they were ready to assist.

“Dare tell me your name?” the lean guy finally asked in a threatening tone.

“Want to check my background first? How brave~” Alex answered jokingly.

“Check your sister! I’ll tell you what will happen to a little twerp like you.

“Think you’re some young master ‘cuz your daddy works in a 2nd rank district?

“Or maybe he has his own company headquartered in a 3rd rank one?

“If you dare tell me your name, I’ll make your daddy beg me.

“But if you don’t…”

Bored half-to-death by the guy’s monologue, Alex finally perked up listening to this phrase:

“Do tell; because I do not tell my name to every dog who comes barking.”

“Y.O.U!”

“I do not have all night.”

“Very well! You are quite gutsy.

“Since you aren’t willing to tell me, you’ll do so unwillingly.

“Are you ready to step out right now or do you want a few drinks first?”

“I’m not unreasonable, but seeing how much you praised antiTox, I’m afraid you won’t be drunk for long enough…

“It might be better to take it sober from the start…”

Alex chuckled.

“Alright, let’s do it. But since I already ordered drinks, I will finish mine first.”

Meanwhile, Weite’s face had grown increasingly pale during their conversation.

Considering the dude’s appearance, Alex was unsure,

“Should I let him watch me? It would be useful if he could grow more capable, but it might be a little much…

“Forget it, I do not want to restrain myself this time.”

 

*Covered by a see-through but sturdy dome, just like the rooftop but smaller

1