Chapter 1.2
588 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I soaked my body in the hot water it gained a little warmth, and the nerves that had tightened for a day began to slowly relax.

  I found that I had fallen asleep when I heard a knock at the door. When I put on my pyjamas and went out, Pu Zheng was waiting at the door of the bathroom to make fun of me: "I thought you had committed suicide in the bathroom."

  "You think too much." I smiled and said, "I have to sleep, I am tired."

  "You know you are tired, but still went to that ghost place?"

  I didn’t know if the ghost place that Pu Zheng said meant the Jian house or the terminal where I got off the bus. I was thinking about this, when I heard Pu Zheng sighing: "I have changed the sheets and quilts in the room. Is there no cure to your mysophobia?"

  I said helplessly: "Just think of me as a person who likes cleanliness." After two steps, I went back and asked, "Do you have anything else to tell me?"

  Pu Zheng thought about it. "Don't forget to pay for accommodation and food when you check out..."

  Hearing this I turned and left.

  The next morning, the noise from outside my room made me wake up. The sound was not loud, intermittent, but for me, even a small sound like turning the pages of a book, will seriously affect my sleep.

  When I opened the bedroom door and saw the person in the living room, I stood still.

  The handsome face, tall and thin figure, coupled with a simple design of beige casual wear, is really a look of a good boy.

  At that time, the man also noticed me.

  Ye Lin’s hand trembled and the pages were scattered.

  I met Ye Lin on the first day of my middle school, and then we got to know each other, became familiar with each other, and I fell in love with him for six years.

  Once, he could easily influence my emotions. Now, I hope he no longer has that ability.

  Ye Lin turned towards me, "When did you return to China?" The cynical smile resumed and he came towards me smashing the papers on the ground.

  "Yesterday."

  "You are not a good friend. Didn’t even tell me when you are coming back."

  "I am no longer your friend."

  "Is it? His tone was lazy and ironic.

  Pu Zheng came to me, "Why don't you sleep for a while?"

  I sighed.

  Because of Pu Zheng’s unintentional suggestion, Ye Lin looked at me. “I didn’t expect that your relationship with Pu Zheng has been so good. It seems that I am ignorant.”

  "This seems to have nothing to do with you." I plainly said that the relationship between me and Pu Zheng has not been known. It is not deliberately concealed, but it is not deliberately explained.

  Pu Zheng caught his hair, "Ye Ye..."

  "Pu Zheng, I am hungry, do you have something to eat?"

  Pu Zheng looked at me. "Yes, wait a minute." No longer trying to explain, he turned and walked to the kitchen. He always understands what I mean.

  "How come you are here?" Ye Lin looked at Pu Zheng’s back and asked.

  "There is no other place to live." I went to the table and poured a glass of water.

  "Don't tell me that your Jian house is too big to let you in."

  My fingers trembled and I almost dropped the cup in my hand.

  "Don't drink too much water without thirst." He frowned and then smiled. "You have been in France for six years and finally know to come back."

  I just sipped the water and didn't answer.

  "I thought you would stay there all the time. Why, Miss Jian finally finished studying abroad and came back to serve the motherland?" Seeing that I was not responding, his tone began to be dissatisfied.

  "I haven't graduated yet." If I don’t answer him, he will keep lingering, so I picked a topic that is most dispensable.

  "You still have to go back?"

  "Yeah." He suddenly threw the papers in his hand on the coffee table. "Tell Pu Zheng that I’ve left beforehand."

  "Okay." I don't care about his volatility.

  "Oh? Oh, yes, if you have time, come out and have a meal. Ya Li misses you." Saying that, he opened the door and left.

  And the glass in my hand eventually slipped, shattering into pieces.

  "I contact him occasionally. This time, he wanted to buy a house and took a fancy to the real estate under our real estate company. So, he has been visiting more and more recently." Pu Zheng, standing at the door of the kitchen, looked at the ground, walked over, put down the breakfast. After that, he went to find the broom to clean up the broken glass on the floor. "I thought you would sleep until the afternoon, sorry for all this."

  I was a little worried. After a while I said, "I will go wash up, then I’ll eat."

  "In fact, Ye Lin is not as cynical as he shows himself." Pu Zheng said honestly, "he is good."

  I smiled and said nothing. Anything about him, now has nothing to do with me, six years can dilute everything, including the feelings that I thought would last forever.

  In September of that year, my mother sent me to the Chinese Journal. The summer at that time was far less hot than now, and the wind that slid over the tip of the tree was cool. In my memory, my mother at that time was very beautiful and gentle.

  On the long walkway outside the Academic Affairs Office, I stood near the window, waiting for my mother to come out.

  My grades were a bit poor. Because of my bad health, I have always been less than others when I was young. My exams were occasionally missed. The reason why I could enter this top-level school is just an example of the power of money. I was ashamed of this kind of power, to buy a good school, but my parents didn't care, and gradually I was numb.

  "So, there are girls who can buy them." The phrase was sent to my ears with obvious irony.

  I turned and looked behind me, a pretty eye-catching boy, soft hair, white skin, a good-looking face and a pair of black shiny eyes.

  "I was talking to you; didn't you hear me? Speak!"

  "Are you deaf?" Seeing me ignore him, he became impatient and continued.

  In fact, I was just thinking about how to answer him, but his patience seemed to be very little.

  "Why are you laughing?"

  "You are very noisy." I said. His voice was good, but it was strange when the tone was raised.

  "What did you say?"

  At this time, my mother came out from the Academic Affairs Office and waved at me. " Let’s go."

  I said "Goodbye" to him and went to my mother.

  This was the first time I saw Ye Lin, who was anxious and mad.

  In the next six years, this boy named Ye Lin broke into my life and occupied most of my time and mind.

  I looked at my pale face in front of the mirror in the bathroom. If time can go backwards, then would I still want that relationship for six years? The answer is negative.

  The sweetness of loneliness can also erode the internal organs just like sulfuric acid, so if I had known the ending from the beginning, I would not have entered this game in the first place because I am too afraid of the torture.

  Fortunately, I no longer miss him anymore.

  "An Jie, your phone keeps ringing, do you want me to pass it in?" Pu Zheng’s voice came in from the door.

  "No, I will come out right away."

  Putting away my memories, from a different world, I opened the door and took the mobile phone handed by Pu Zheng, seven missed calls, the same number, no name.  When I was just about to call back, the phone rang again, the same number, I pressed the answer button.

  "Jian An Jie."

  Sure enough, it was, Ye Lin.

  "Why didn't you answer the phone just now?" Although there was no questioning, the tone was not very happy.

  "Do you need me for something?" I didn’t want to waste time. Since my heart has already decided not to care for him, and it is best to maintain safe distance with each other, then any involvement now and in the future is superfluous.

  "Can't I call you if there’s nothing?"

  Still so fond of pretending...

  "Is it inconvenient to talk? Is Pu Zheng by your side?" The tone was softer and there seemed some taste of temptation.

  He asked this irrelevant question, but it was not necessary. "If there is nothing, I will hang up."

  "What did you say? You dare to hang it! An Jie, if you dare to hang, I will immediately appear in front of you and smash your mobile phone!" He was no longer laughing, too much anger made me a little terrified. Although from the beginning, I knew that his soft tone was to suppress his dissatisfaction, but I did not expect him to be so hysterical.

  "What do you want to say?" I no longer wanted to hang this call in a haste.

  The person on the other side of the phone also seemed to be aware of his inappropriate loss of control, "Sorry." his tone returned to its previous carelessness. "I am still downstairs near Pu Zheng’s house. Can you come down? I want to talk to you alone."

  "No." I didn’t want to be confused anymore, and I am not good at finding reasons and excuses, so I dared to refuse.

  "Okay, very good, An Jie, you always have a way to make me feel that I am guilty!" The phone was hanged up without waiting for me to answer.

  The hand that was holding the phone started to hurt. I remembered the words that he had said that day when we broke up. It was more bitter and colder than ice or snow. In the first year in France, whenever I thought of him, it was like being pierced into the heart with a sharp knife.

  He said: "France, the United States, wherever you go, the farther the better, the less I see you, the best!"

  I hope that he can say this from beginning to end.

 

0