[2] Questions
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slipped out the school grounds and headed back to the orphanage, a bit excited, however I kept calming myself as haste wasn't always good.

<Patience is a good trait to have lad. Some times, patience is what is needed.> Hearing Orion comment, I felt a burst of happiness.

It wasn't all a hallucination! I truly have a System! I can change my life!

Tears startled to trickle down my cheeks, however they weren't out of sadness or despair, instead I was happy.

Heading back to the orphanage normally took ten minutes, and I didn't rush, taking in the sights of people milling around or the birds flying through the air.

The gloomy world I had been in minutes previous seemed to transform into the most beautiful thing ever.

I kept moving until I came to a rather small building that looked different from the other buildings around.

Unlike the other buildings, the orphanage was run from there, and so it housed all ten of us. I hadn't been in the orphanage long, but I could feel the concern and warmth from the owner.

A woman in her early thirties who had lost her kids and husband in an accident. To fill the hole in her heart, she opened an orphanage and decided to help the less fortunate.

She was a beautiful woman, brown hair and kind green eyes. With her body being mature, it was a different feeling than being with the girls my age.

When I opened the door, I didn't see her in the hall, so I headed up to the second floor and dumped my bag on the floor.

The walk back had dried some of the water off my body, however I still wiped myself with a towel before sitting on my bed.

The black sheets and gray pillows were an indicator of the colors I liked the most. 

<Okay, since you're alone, I can explain to you why the system is named the way it is.> Orion said with a serious tone.

<The System was created out of your desires, do you not like vampires?> Orion asked softly.

I nodded my head and he continued. I forgot he wasn't a real person, however it seemed that he could pick up my thoughts.

Having an old man being privy to all my thoughts are a bit... weird?

<It was decided that it would be created using your desires as a base. Now, you will have missions issued to you, and should you complete them, you'll be rewarded.>

I nodded. It was easily understood. Even protagonist from novels had rewards, it'd be stranger not to.

<Okay, to begin the tutorial, say Status to open your status page. It will display your Name, Species, and Level. Other categories may be added if needed.>

"Status."

[ Status :

Name - Rayne Reeves

Species - Human 

Level - 0 (0 EXP/10 EXP)]

"What do I do if I want to see missions?" I asked, a bit dissatisfied with the simplicity of the status screen. 

<Just say Missions and it'll appear. Skills won't be added because it's a hassle to sort through and remember them. Instead, I'll imprint them directly into your mind, that way you won't need to use the system as a medium.>

"Missions?"

[ Missions :

 ●  0/50 Pushups (Fitness) +5 EXP

● 0/1 Meditate (Mental Fortitude) +5 EXP ]

Is that it? I expected more... well, vampireish missions, not just some regular old fitness training. Well, I guess this is also fine, if I complete the missions, I'll have enough experience to level up.

2