Chapter One: Origin Syms Acquired
809 9 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a chaotic field of primal essence 10 billion light-years from the center of the Kaotik Universe, there was a circular mountain range with a radius of 200 million light-years. The mountain range sat upon a Spatial Plane whose shape was reminiscent of the North American continent. 

This Spatial Plane was five times the size of the mountain range and served as the capital of the Hightower Empire.

Trillions of non-plant-based life forms lived here along with an uncountable number of plant-based life forms such as spiritual trees and grasses.

The mountain range was the ancestral land of the Hightower Empire. In the middle of this mountain range, there was a tower of unimaginable height surrounded by numerous ancient mountains. The mountains and tower gave forth an enormous aura of suppression. The tower glowed in a rainbow-like luster and was covered in complex Runic Arrays. 

This was the Hightower Family's Cosmic Divining Tower. Many people surrounded the tower with members of noble families and cultivation experts being closest to the tower’s doors. Behind them were millions of civilians who were engaged in animated discussion as they collectively awaited news from within The Cosmic Divination Tower.

Hundreds of thousands of elite soldiers stood upon various mountains surrounding the area with vast amounts of Mana and Star Qi filling the air and forcing it to stagnate.

On top of The Cosmic Divination Tower, Malakai and Alyssa Hightower were undergoing Origin Sym Contraction Ceremonies.

This ceremony has various levels of effectiveness.

It approaches peak effectiveness if the cultivators who create the Runic Arrays necessary for the ceremony and perform it consist of 81 spiritual cultivators, 81 martial cultivators, and 9 practitioners who cultivate both forms of origin forces. It is also necessary that they have all reached a cultivation Realm of at least Supercluster.

A more effective ceremony can more deeply excavate a cultivator's innate potential which will allow the formation of a stronger contract. It also allows for a higher sensitivity to the ambient Origin Forces and an easier time comprehending the Aria associated with one's contract.

Both Malikai and Alyssa were surrounded by complex Runic Arrays which glowed with numerous colors, and cultivators which emanated vast auras.

Both the twins and the people surrounding them drew runes in the air and chanted in archaic languages.

As Malakai and Alyssa completed their incantations and stopped drawing runes in the air in front of them they were respectively enveloped by wide fields of midnight black energy containing specks of white light exuding a sense of domination and assimilation, and deep green energy filled with a sense of radiance, virility, and vitality. 

The energy that had begun to encompass them was Fantasia, a nigh-perfect fusion of Mana and Star Qi. Only those who cultivate both are capable of producing and manipulating Fantasia, though everyone can use it to cultivate. The time at which one could produce or manipulate it depends upon their comprehension of Origin Forces.

***

~Malakai's POV~

As he stood within the field of midnight black Fantasia which contained specks of white, the Runic Arrays surrounding him broke apart into two groups. The first joined together in order to form multiple Runic Arrays which began to swirl around him while giving off a rainbow-colored light. While the second group of Runes came together to form a multi-layered three-dimensional Runic Array which floated in the rather expansive void in front of him. The Runic Array was the same color as the Fantasia which surrounded him. 

The space within the multi-layered Runic Array started to become unstable and slowly collapsed inwards.

A portal then slowly formed and Fantasia giving off feelings, of boundlessness, chaos, dominance, and regalness, seeped through from the other side before a magnificent beast slowly walked out of it.

The creature resembled a tiger both in shape and its ferocious and bloodthirsty aura.

It possessed a single horn that grew from its forehead and was covered in beautiful yet sturdy scales that glowed with a dark yet magical and overbearing luster. 

It was surrounded by specks of white light reminiscent of stars. The creature was three meters tall and its body was eight to nine meters long. Its tail was about four meters long bringing its length to a grand total of about thirteen meters. It possessed two sets of draconic wings which were covered in scales of a similar color to its body.

The only thing about the creature not glowing in a midnight black color was its set of deer-like crystalline horns which were a meter in length and instead released a pure white light and had flashes of silvery-white-colored lighting dancing around them.

The creature possessed pitch-black eyes filled with flecks of silvery-white light which appeared to perfectly capture the image of a midnight sky.

After the creature left the spatial tunnel it looked towards Malikai and released a world-shaking roar, as the portal behind it closed. Its tail resembled that of a western dragon rather than a tiger and looked as if it possessed immeasurable strength as the tiger lightly swung it around in the air. The air shook as it opened its wings and gave them a mighty flap that gave off a sound similar to a thunderstrike.

Malakai's eyes slightly twitched as he said; "A Primal Essence Devouring Beast."

As soon as he spoke the Primal Essence Devouring Beast pounced towards him as if to swallow him whole.

At that moment the Runic Arrays surrounding Malakai and the large three-dimensional multi-layered Ruic Array surrounding the Primal Essence Devouring Beast started to resonate. They began to release rays of black light interspersed with streaks of deep blue and purple. The Runic Arrays once more broke apart before reassembling into yet another three-dimensional multi-layered Runic Array that surrounded them both. They both screamed out in pain as Fantasia arose from both of their bodies joined by Fantasia which gathered from the surrounding area contained within the Runic Array.

The Fantasia formed a whirlpool above them as the Runic Array broke into four sections with two sections taking on the form of multiple chains which bound Malakai and the Primal Essence Devouring Beast. The third section broke apart into countless runes and entered the whirlpool and the final section reassembled into a different Runic array producing a barrier of the same color as the whirlpool which surrounded them both protecting them from outside interference. 

The barrier was opaque and gathered all of the clouds of Fantasia which had previously surrounded the two; pouring them into the whirlpool further increasing its size.

Malakai's clothes were burned away by a formless pitch-black flame as the whirlpool broke off into countless strands which imprinted an intricate Origin Symbol upon his back and arms causing Malakai to feel excruciating pain as Fantasia rushed into his body. No Origin Symbol was imprinted upon the Primal Essence Devouring Beast, but vast amounts of pitch-black Fantasia with streaks of dark blue converged and floated before it. 

The beast released a solemn roar before spitting out a fist-sized ball of essence blood, that continuously released a resplendent deep red light and had pitch-black runes floating within.

The essence blood was soon saturated by some of the ambient Fantasia, before speeding toward Malakai and entering his body.

It then started the process of fusing with and refining his bloodline(genetic makeup), altering his body in numerous ways.

As it flowed within his body Malakai felt an even deeper level of pain as two pairs of wings similar to the ones donned by the Primal Essence Devouring Beast grew on his back along with scales covering a large portion of his back, legs, and arms and a small pair of horns appeared on his forehead. The wings were only half the size of the ones the Primal Essence Devouring Beast possessed as were the horns which released white light and had white lightning dancing around them. 

He also grew a draconic tail two meters in length and as the tail stopped growing an Origin Symbol was imprinted on his body.

He and the Primal Essence Devouring Beast released simultaneous roars and unfurled their wings as the chains released them. He then retracted the wings and wrapped the tail around his waist as he donned a set of clothes identical to those that had previously been burned away.

He then looked towards the Primal Essence Devouring Beast which had approached and laid a meter before him. He walked towards it before reaching forward to place his right hand upon its head while glancing over it before saying; "Your name is Skye huh... It's a perfect fit." He then jumped up and sat atop its back as the barrier surrounding him and Skye vanished. 

***

~ Alyssa's POV ~

Alyssa was surrounded by green-colored clouds of Fantasia as rainbow-colored Runic Arrays swirled around her and a multi-layered three-dimensional Runic Array slowly took shape in the expansive void in front of her. 

A tree rose from the horizontally lying portal that had appeared inside the golden Runic Array.

The tree was 20 meters tall and had its roots wrapped around a golden mound of earth which was covered in golden runes and was the size of a two-story house. The tree's leaves were a vibrant green color and possessed golden veins. The tree's bark was a golden brown color and was covered in natural Runes which made up a complicated Runic Array. The tree was surrounded by clouds of pale gold Mana which contained streaks of green.

"An All-Encompassing Divine Tree! This is the Origin Sym I was hoping for, with it there will be no need to worry about our defenses being compromised or being overtaken by sensations of fatigue. On top of that, healing injuries from battle or cultivation backlash will be much easier." Alyssa said as released a radiant smile.

In the following moment, the Runic Arrays surrounding her and the All-Encompassing Divine Tree resonated before breaking apart into four groups of Runes.

The first two created runic chains which bound both the All-Encompassing Divine Tree and Alyssa.

The third formed a dark green whirlpool of Fantasia with golden streaks throughout which floated above the two.

The last group formed an opaque green-colored barrier that absorbed the clouds of Fantasia (which had been surrounding Alyssa when the ceremony began) and siphoned them into the whirlpool, whilst also protecting the two from external factors. 

The whirlpool divided itself into countless threads most of which flowed into Alyssa's body imprinting an Origin Symbol upon her. The other threads flowed into the mound of earth the All-Encompassing Divine Tree was entrenched in. It then flowed into the tree's roots through the earth as the runes imprinted upon the mound shone in brilliant green and golden light. 

The Fantasia flowed through the tree's roots to its core as a piece of the core liquified into pure life force.

The Fantasia and Life Force fused into one and then flowed back to the tip of one of the tree's roots. The tree then tugged that root out of the earthen mound and pressed it against Alyssa's forehead.

Alyssa gasped in pain as a reflection of the All-Encompassing Divine Tree appeared in each of her eyes surrounded by Runic Arrays. The fusion of energy continually poured into her body and began to fuse with her bloodline.

Her clothes then began to burn away as pale-green flames with streaks of gold rose from her skin and tree-like roots grew out from the region between her shoulder blades.

The tree roots absorb the vast amount of Fantasia which gave off an aura of life and rebirth. Once the Fantasia entered her bloodstream it began the process of cleansing her body of any and all impurities.

Once her Origin Symbol was completed she released a massive pulse of Life-Attributed Mana and the tree-like roots reached three meters in length before discontinuing their growth. She then gazed towards the All-Encompassing Divine Tree in contemplation as the chains binding the two broke apart into runes and dissipated in the air.

"I shall name you...Valhalla, Val for short. I think it's fitting considering that your species embodies protection, healing, evolution, rebirth, and growth. Though the barbarians may be upset...hehe I'll just let Malikai deal with it if they find out and kick up any sort of a fuss. That'll teach him." Alyssa said with a mischievous look in her eyes as her lips formed a small smirk. She then retracted the roots into her body as the images of Valhalla vanished from her eyes alongside the complex Runic Arrays. 

Valhalla also pulled its root away from her forehead and resumed its previous position firmly rooted within the mound of earth.

She then once again donned clothes before Valhalla began to float above her head and the barrier surrounding them vanished. 

***

The two barriers vanished at the same moment before the two came back into view of the others present atop the tower.

They were two of the greatest geniuses in a generation that contained the highest concentration of cultivation geniuses since the founding era of the Kaotik Universe.

One of their many feats was completing the Planetary Development Realm and entering the Dwarf Star Realm at the age of 14.

This was in part due to the fact that they were contracted with the Twin Reality Shaping Sprites.

These Origin Symbionts are seen as special due to them taking the form of a pair of twin sprites instead of just one organism. 

The Twin Reality Shaping Sprites contract with other twin organisms. The sprites can even form a contract with a pair of twins while the latter is still in the womb. The Twin Reality Shaping Sprites are two of the most mysterious of all Origin Syms.

No one knows how they are brought into being, why they can form a contract with individuals before they reach the Dwarf Star Realm, or what exact qualities (aside from being a set of twins) are necessary to contract with them.

Few of its abilities are known.

One of those few is the mental connection it forms between its twin contractors wherein they can share all thoughts, memories, and experiences. 

Another is its ability to allow for higher Mana and Star Qi refinement speeds and limits by increasing their sensitivity to Origin Forces and the area around them. It similarly makes it easier for contractors to comprehend Arias with greater depth before they reach what would normally be the necessary cultivation realm to begin to comprehend certain things. 

One of its final abilities which is just an assumption at this point because it has never been proven true or false is the ability to take complete control over the fabric of reality, a power beyond even Paragons.

The roots of Alyssa’s thick hair were a chestnut brown while the rest of her hair including her fine eyebrows and full lashes was silvery white (platinum blonde) in color. The hair on her head was tied into a single french-braid which hung down to her butt and was tied off with a brown strip of cloth. Alyssa possessed a beautiful light caramel complexion, due to a tan gained through countless hours spent basking in the sunlight. Her deep-set almond-shaped eyes had silver-colored irises which contained streaks of gray and black circular pupils. 

She had a heart-shaped face, her eyes exuded a sense of mischievousness and she possessed a small delicate nose and mouth, and her ears came to a small point. Her body was slender yet voluptuous at 1.7 meters tall. 

She wore a russet-colored knee-length, sleeveless, and backless dress beneath a russet robe. On her feet was a pair of slender ankle-high boots of the same color. She was reminiscent of a forest spirit in that she naturally exuded an aura of life, cleverness, beauty, and tranquility.

Malakai's hair was a dark,  immersive grey similar to ash or steel. It was very wild and stood on its ends in an untamed manner. His eyebrows were thick and sat perfectly upon his broad forehead. He possessed a sharp jaw and a complexion similar to that of Alyssa. 

His ears were slightly pointed similar to Alyssa's, and his Grecian nose was centered upon his face perfectly.

His pupils were an immersive black while his irises were hazel colored, laced with streaks of forest green and cyan blue. A strip of brown cloth similar to the one binding Alyssa's hair encircled his right wrist.

He was two meters tall and possessed broad shoulders. He wore a tight-fitting shirt that was crimson in color beneath a steel-gray long-sleeved robe that hung down to his knees and a pair of pitch-black pants. On his feet were a pair of steel-gray combat-type boots. Overall Malakai exuded an aura of domination, vitality, suppression, and calmness.

The cultivators who had been channeling the Runic Arrays which surrounded Alyssa and Malakai had stepped back when the barriers had initially formed.

A man who seemed to be as straight as a spear and emitted an overwhelming battle intent while also emitting a contradicting sense of calmness and a woman who looked to be the personification of motherly beauty while also emanating a sense of foreboding strength stepped forward and stood before the two.  

These two people with palpable auras were their parents.

The man was Dominic Hightower the Emperor of the Hightower Empire. The woman was Athena Lotus both the Second Imperial Princess of the Ancient Elven Empire as well as the Empress of the Hightower Empire.

Dominic was a man with a complexion slightly darker than bronze. He possessed a stoic appearance with dark Raven-like hair which was thick and straight hanging down to his shoulders wildly and a Grecian nose. His eyes were deep-set and round-shaped. His irises were a piercing gray-white and he possessed black pupils. His forehead was broad and his eyebrows were straight and thick. His ears were rounded and he possessed attached earlobes similar to his children. One could only see a hint of his Origin Symbols on the backs of both of his hands, the top of his chest, and the back of his neck as he wore an outfit similar to Malakai except the shirt, and boots were pitch-black. He was broad-shouldered and stood 2.4 meters tall. 

Athena had forest-green eyes that emitted an aura of life, unlike her namesake. She possessed blonde hair and fair skin.

Her eyes were almond-shaped and she had a small delicate nose and thin lips. Her hair was thick and wavy reaching the middle of her back. Her face was heart-shaped and she possessed sharply pointed ears with attached earlobes. Her eyelashes were full and her eyebrows were fine and delicate. She wore a forest green dress which dragged across the ground obscuring her feet from view. The dress was low cut, backless and sleeveless. Her collarbone, the top of her breasts, the delicate arch of her back, and her fair arms were all visible along with many of her Origin Symbols. The tattoos were prominent on her body and accentuated her beauty. She glowed with a motherly light and gave off a saintly aura full of beauty.

“A Primal Essence Devouring Beast and an All-Encompassing Divine Tree. The abilities of both of these Origin Syms will be helpful in your future endeavors. Continue to cultivate well, and take some time to get used to the limits and functions contracts you have just formed and  types of powers you have just gained." Dominic said with an impassive face while gazing upon his children with a hint of love and pride appearing within his gaze.

“Dom give the kids some time to take a breath. They’ve just been through a very exhausting process after all. Now, kids, have you thought of names for them yet.” Athena spoke with a loving tone as she gently slapped Dominic's arm before reaching forward to cup Alyssa's face while looking between her two children.

“Skye was already named by her parents. And Alyssa has decided to name her All-Encompassing Divine Tree Valhalla.” Malakai responded to his mother while giving Alyssa a pointed look as he knew the motivations behind her Origin Sym's name due to their ability to read one another's thoughts.

“Very well, head back and prepare to leave for 'The Cradle'. Quentin shall lead a group of Imperial Guards to travel with you and be your protectors for the duration of your stay.” Athena told them after some contemplation while gazing at both of her children as she too could sense what Alyssa was attempting to do.

Both Malikai and Alyssa nodded at their mother’s words before Alyssa suddenly asked: “ I presume Silvia Thunderpeak and Aleksandra Skylark will also be making their individual ways there.”  Malikai cast her a complicated glance and then looked towards his mother waiting for her response.

“Yes, as they have also just recently undergone the contracting ceremony and have made history in their families as the first geniuses in their families to contract Origin Syms before the age of 16 since their progenitors. Many other of this generation’s geniuses are choosing to go there over other institutes due to the recent change in leadership the Academy has undergone as well as its pending merger with several forces, something I am sure you are aware of. The Cradle will be your main training ground until you reach the Supervoid Realm. I want you two to be ready for departure within the next few days as the journey to the Academy will take a few years. Familiarize yourselves with your Origin Syms and continue cultivating to stabilize your Origin Forces.” Dominic spoke in an even-keeled and commanding tone.

Both Malakai and Alyssa nodded before Malakai looked towards a group of cloaked individuals before stating, “Quentin bring them back with us, we will then depart for The Forest of Eden tomorrow for a brief period. It will be beneficial to Alyssa’s All-Encompassing Divine Tree. We can also visit our family there."

Both siblings then looked towards their father waiting to receive his approval for their plans and see if he had anything to add.

Dominic looked them over with slight praise in his eyes and gave a noticeable smile as he said: “That sounds good, but remain vigilant. Your time at the Academy will not be a breeze as it can be seen as a type of competition between the young geniuses of the various Empires and Heavenly Clans, especially as tensions have been rising as of late.”

“Very well, we shall rest at home tonight before leaving in the morning,” Alyssa said. She then looked towards Malakai and they proceeded from the top of the tower and walked towards the entrance at the tower's base. They were followed by a massive beast of a man nearly 5 meters in height with very broad shoulders and vibrant shoulder-length red-brown hair.

He also possessed very well-trimmed facial hair which covered the bottom half of his face. He was wearing a velvet-colored robe that radiated a very dense amount of Mana and was covered in complex Runic Arrays with its hood lowered. He wore a set of armor underneath that glowed an earthen color and was also covered with very complex Runic Arrays and carried a magical war hammer that glowed in the same light while emitting similar Mana.

This man was Quentin and behind him walked 20 Men and Women who radiated an aura that was just as palpable as his own and wore similar hooded robes which obscured their features. Quentin himself had reached the 7th Step of the Universe Realm and the others had at least reached the 10th Step of the Supervoid Realm.

Once they reached the tower base they looked upon the nobles and experts who were now kneeling and walked down the path which was left in front of the tower's doorway. 

They soon left the crowd behind and entered a different mountainous region.

Quentin was surrounded by a multi-layered Runic Array as he proceeded to summon his Origin Sym. It was a massive elephant-type beast that was 10,000 thousand kilometers in length and 1,000 kilometers tall, yet it was still dwarfed by the tower. It was covered in the scales of a dragon and possessed a pair of humongous draconic wings. This massive beast was known as the Heaven Rending Dragon Elephant. 

Quentin and all the men and women following him Jumped onto the Heaven Rending Dragon Elephant's head.

Alyssa and Malikai channeled Star Qi through their bodies strengthening them before they jumped upwards. As they flew upwards they used Wind-Attributed Mana to propel themselves shooting past the head of the Heaven Rending Dragon Elephant. They then used that same Mana to gently lower themselves onto its head.

 

Announcement
This is a link to my discord where all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome. https://discord.gg/JDVN5PC 
Shuold I change The Heavenly Essence Gathering Acadamey's Name ?
  • Yes Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on May 28, 2019 06:47 PM.
5