[Arc 2] [Chapter 9] Reaching the Apex
159 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mountain needed to be climbed. There was no way around it. But along the way there were multiple gates that notified us of our progress.

We set forth. Some luggage had to be abandoned, but it was not a big issue. As long as we kept our coins, there was no issue.

After two hours, we met two NPCs at the first gate. “State your business.”

There was no business to state.

“Go to hell!”

I threw a sudden death rune their way and killed them.

[+200 EXP]

Then we made our way further up the mountain. I was tired, but nothing between heaven and earth was about to stop me from reaching the apex.

Our intrusion was noticed, for after a few minutes, a raiding party met us at the next gate. The idiots were ready to die.

They were no match for me; they had fun flying down the mountain.

As we kept climbing, I felt a presence watching us. It definitely was the owner of the Dojo. But I was not going to let him stare me down. Who does he think he is?

“It doesn’t matter how many of your apprentices you throw at me,” I yelled. “I’ll reach the top.”

After another three hours. I reached a village deep within the mountain. This time there didn’t seem to be any threat to us. We entered the local adventurer’s guild.

“Why are all the guilds named THE ADVENTURER’S GUILD?” Vampy asked. “Do they all belong to the same organization?”

“Kinda?” I replied.

“Then who runs it?” She insisted.

“We don’t talk about those things.”

We got ourselves a table. It seemed that I was not the only player around. For there was another guy with a harem. “Disgusting.”

He approached me.

“Why are sitting at my table?” He asked.

“Why not?” I replied.

“Master…”

Vampy was tense, while Lion was ready to participate in any fight.

“MOVE.”

The player said.

“I threw my drink at him.”

“You bastard.”

Our fight began. Only one young master was to live to tell the tale, and that was me.

That night, I slept like a king. The following day, the apex was within my reach. But it seems that fate had other plans. As we were going up the mountain, a more experienced young master was coming down on his donkey.

“Nice mount.” I said. His eyes narrowed for a second. He was yet to know if I was a friend or foe. But my status still showed up as a player killer.

I had no qualms about cheating and attacking while in the middle of a conversation, but I didn’t feel like using mana potions to fight a warrior class. They were sturdy, and if he had a good armor with a high resistance, then his loot was not worth the expense.

“You killed a player?” He asked.

The player was dumb, but it seemed to be that this was because of his class and not because of his intellect.

“Yes, I did.” There was no point in hiding my deed.

The air grew tense. “Very well,” he said.

But no confrontation happened.

We kept moving forward, but the stone cold gray mountain was rather steep.

As we made our way across the rough ground of the mountain. I couldn’t help but stare down what laid below. We stood at the top of the giant.

Once we reached the summit, the Dojo stood in extreme splendor. We were met by an apprentice. He seemed to be a low level scrub; it seemed worthless to prepare a rune. Nonetheless,, I fetched one from my pockets. His eyes narrowe. Nott because he thought of me as a threat, but because he was impaired of vision.

The fog was as dense as the players that I met on my way to the top.

“Your kind is not allowed here,” he said. “Players do nothing but make things worse!”

“THEN I will make things worse!” I replied. Throwing a sudden death rune at the poor guy.

By impeding my passage, he was courting death.

But, unexpectedly, my shot missed. “Would you like to try that again?” He asked.

I threw another, but he dodged. I pulled my sword and charged at him. If someone had to lose, it would be him. I refused to concede.

“Wait, master! Don’t!” Vampy yelled.

But the pleas of my vampire friend were not enough. The showdown had begun. The spear-man jumped twice over. I’ve never seen anyone jump that fast. But it was for no use. I already had won the fight, the entire floor had been mined with a paralyzing spell.

“Good call.” I said.

But then, the young man, as if he could read my memory, smashed the ground with the bottom of his spear. The pebbles that blew into the air almost hit me. But I refused to dodge. I was to stand my ground and win without retreat.

Then the young man’s speed increased tenfold as his back ached and his spear took aim at me. He pushed forward, speed, spear and glory.

Upon that asumption, one of us had to fall.

“Master, watch out!” Vampy yelled.

But the attack came from above. His speed was so fast that my eye didn’t manage to catch the second he jumped into the sky. He clogged his jump by using the sun’s rays. But thanks to her vampire eyes, Vampy caught him.

“Very well!”

I threw my entire sack of runes into the sky. Indiscriminately, I activated them all and jumped for cover. If we were fated to die, then we were fated to die.

The devil was in the details, for the entire collection of wind, ice, fire, earth, death, chaos, water runes all popped like fireworks of different colors.

When I woke up, I found myself wearing some form of a light tunic. I didn’t seem to be wearing anything else. Running like this would make people laugh at my manhood.

My wound seemed to be healed. Someone had put bandages around my torso. It seems that I was the only person in this secluded room. I made my way across the cold wooden floor until I reached the corridor. I only had to slide one door.

In the corridor, I stumbled to find the living room, but it seems that I was inside the temple. I ran into other people who also were wearing similar tunics to mine, but their colors were different.

Were this ranks? Perhaps cultivation. The master of the sect must’ve been impressed by my performance. But where is he?

“Who are you?, oh I see, you must be the master’s daughter..”

“Master-”

Vamp said.

“He is really lucky to have such a pretty daugther.”

“Master-”

Lion said.

“What?” I asked.

“She is the sect master.”

“Oh,"

12