Prologue – My Ordinary Life
947 9 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Hmm, it’s raining outside. I forgot to bring an umbrella again. Walking towards my car is going to be fun.’

The rain soon slipped away from my mind. When my gaze returned to the bright colors on my phone’s screen, the door’s bell rang, signaling that a customer had walked into the convenience store. ‘I hated working retail.’

He likely didn’t hear me sigh, because his face was just monotone as ever. He ended up picking a random can of tuna from one of the stalls. ‘His biggest victory of the night.’

“Thank you,” said the salary-man and then, with an umbrella in hand, got swallowed by the rain as he stepped outside.

The door rang to confirm his departure.

‘4:57am.’

The dead-shift would soon be over. The full-dive headset awaiting at home kept me in high spirits until my black cat saw me get home.

“Chu,” I said. Then pushed my annoying cat away. The only thought in my mind was to keep myself awake for the re-launch of Runa Online. The least I thought about my student loans, the better.

Having booted up the full-diving headset, my body reminded me that I was extremely sleep deprived and on the verge of collapsing. ‘To allow such trivialities to prevent me from staying awake until 7:00am was beneath me.’

My sleep-deprived body crawled itself into the kitchen and my hands cracked open a can of Poizon. ‘My favorite energy drink.’

Having chugged down the entire thing, I found myself on the bed, with my head seat on. Then the countdown for Runa Online’s relaunch began.

[5]

[3]

[1]

[Welcome to Runa Online – Full Dive, Initialized.]

28