[Chapter 3] My Bed is Not Your Bed.
443 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were only a few minutes into our adventure when Vampy began staring at me with her glowing red eyes. ‘Maybe she doesn’t understand why we left the safety and coziness of our castle. This landscape does look apocalyptic to anyone who isn’t familiar with this landscape.’

“Can you explain why am I dressed like this?” She asked, pointing at her clothes that exposed her mid-riff. Her tone was passive aggressive, as if I had done great injury to her by having her dress like an eastern dancer.

‘Clearly she is more interested in looks than in the hunt.’

“What? is the most effective set of clothing that I could find for you,” I said. This was no lie. My friend left little to wear for a spell-caster. “Your blue oriental slippers give you +15% walking speed. While your shorts and outfit give you another +20% combined.”

“Wouldn’t that be more useful for you?” She asked. While is true that I wouldn’t mind such a good boost, my current equipment was way better suited for the hunt.

“Trust me, if I have to run,” I said, pointing my finger at her in a patronizing manner. “Even that +35% won’t be enough to get away.”

Players that were high-level enough to hurt me, were also by nature faster and had better gear. My best bet was to stand my ground or hide.

“Tch, anyway, why the stupid umbrella?” She asked. “Don’t you see there is not a single cloud? It is really clear that tonight will be a calm night.”

‘This girl is so clueless that she doesn’t realize that I brought the umbrella for her.’

“There are other reasons as to why I would bring an umbrella.”

“And those are?”

“You shall see,” I responded.

“Gahhh, you always say that!” She said. “Just tell meeeee! I want to knowwww.”

‘Could it be that she is getting bolder due to a hidden skill?.’

“Child, be patient.”

“Child? This mighty vampire is five times your age! Do not incur my wrath! You pesky human might’ve won the first time due to trickery, but here in the open night sky you are nothing but a bug.”

I opened her status, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. ‘I shall teach her a lesson for her insolence, I can’t just have her throw tantrums every time we go hunting.’

With a quick sleight of hand, I activated one of my thunderstorm runes and threw a bolt of light into the vast sky. When the sound of thunder hit Vampy’s ears, she jumped towards me like a scared little puppy.

"Master! HELP! AHHH."

‘Of course, her fear for thunder takes priority over her ego.’

“Now, go fetch me the rest of the backpacks.”

“But the thunder!”

"Don’t worry, don’t you see the sky doesn’t have a single cloud?"

‘Her INT stats were truly really low.’

“Waaaah, why do I, a mighty vampire, have to any of this!”

“Because you are my favorite mule,” I responded with a huge smile on my face. Patting her on the head.

After a few more minutes, we finally reached the cursed swamps which the dragons used as a breading ground for their kind. One could not directly access the dragon spawns, due to a few obstacles that the devs put in place. This was to keep malicious players from luring the dragons into Ravenna.

“Vampy, fetch me the fire rune.”

“Yes master.”

I cleared the path and upon walking a few meters forward; I was met by a burst of fire. It seems the evil creatures had no issues seeing at night. I immediately began hunting them.

We spent hours killing dragons, skinning them for their scales was highly profitable.

We returned to the town with twenty scales. This is not because we killed a small quantity of dragons, but because the chances of getting a dragon scale were around one-half per dragon slain.

The following day we returned in force. I slayed so many dragons that I won a title. “Dragon slayer.”

This class allowed me to inflict 50% more damage upon dragons. Using the dragon scales collected, I made an armor of dragon scales. Soon after skinning hundreds of the pesky dragons, I obtained the skill [Dragon-slicer]. Which allowed me to farm 30% more dragon scales from each dragon corpse.

As I collected more scales, I opted out from selling them, since I risked decreasing the price of the scales in the local market. Normally when scales flooded the market, it made metal rods more expensive as they were required to drill the Dragon skins in order to sell dragon armor.

Since it was only a matter of time before I could crash the market, I ordered Vampy buy all the rods in the market. This incurred on me a huge debt. But as the price went up, I kept them all in stock.

The following morning, I crashed the dragon scale market by selling ten thousand dragon scales. This booted the price of the rods by three thousand percent. While the dragon scales took a nosedive in price of around 300%.

Still, crafting dragon scale armor was expensive. It would take a while for the market to stabilize.

I gained so much silver pounds that I had no idea what to use them in.

17