16.
450 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah welcome back,” I hear from behind me as I walk up to a display of a formal dress. I turn and see Samura walk around an empty display. I nod to her and she asks “Is there something else you are looking to pick up today?”

“Not quite,” I say looking back to the dress in front of me, “This is a lovely dress.”

“Thank you,” She replies walking to stand over next to me, I tilt my head and look at her out of the corner of my eye, as the scent of cinnamon begins to surround me.

Hmm she is quite pretty isn’t she?” Shiva whispers to me, “Perhaps she would make a good mate.”

Why does it feel as if you keep trying to shove me at women recently?” I sigh, turning towards Samura, giving her more of my attention.

“I made it with a ball in mind, but it is really more of a template than anything else.” She says as she rests her cheek in the palm of her hand.

Well you have never shown any real interest in men,” Shiva quickly shoots back, “So I have decided it must because you lean towards the softer sex.”

Haven’t you considered the possibility that I am far too busy for love,” I sigh, before returning my attention to Samura, “A template?” I ask.

You are too lazy, to be considered too busy.” Shiva responds.

“Hmm,” Samura says as she looks at me closely before her ears perk up, and she smiles and says, “You are a contractor to a greater spirit.”

“Huh?” I make a noise in surprise.

“Hit the nail on the head did I?” She asks, giggling to herself, “It is not too hard to figure out if someone watches you closely, especially if it is one of us that understands ear and tail movements that happen during conversation.”

Pretty and observant,” Shiva says.

I sigh again slightly, and Samura says, “It is okay I won’t pry heavily, a few things make since now is all.”

“Th-thank you,” I reply.

She nods and smiles, “Back to your question it is a template for my customers to see; if someone is interested in one of my works I will use this as a base design and make changes to fit the specific individual, as they want.”

“Hmm, I see,” I respond to her.

“For example,” she continues, apparently excited to have an audience, “If you wanted a gown in this style, I would pick a more subtle color instead of something bright and flamboyant, perhaps a shade of black with a dark blue trim, or perhaps a dark red.”

“Is black really a subtle color?” I ask, “Or red for that fact?”

“I would actually recommend a different style of dress,” She continues ignoring me, “something a bit better fitting around your waist, with a loose skirt, with ruffles, that would spin with you easily. I think one without sleeves, and having you wear a set of long gloves that have a vine design on them would provide a very elegant look.”

I like her,” Shiva says “She seems fun.”

“We could make it low cut as well, and add something eye catching, like a necklace, to drag attention to your assets.”

“That’s not subtle at all,” I protest, “and you are a very contradictory person.”

She tilts her head to the side and gets a puzzled look on her face before she repeats “Contradictory?”

“Yes contradictory,” I respond rubbing my brow.

“Could you explain how?” she asks.

“Well starting off you were concerned about me being too young to have a mate, and now you are talking about dressing me up to draw attention, and we will not even discuss the other gown you slipped in my bag.”

There is another gown, and you haven’t let me see it or feel it?” Shiva gasps.

“Hmm are you displeased with the gift I gave you?”

I remember how the fabric felt on my skin and I feel my face start to heat up and I turn to look at another less elegant gown and say, “That’s not the question of concern here.”

“Hmm…” She hums to herself, before moving closer and whispering into my ear, “So you do like it then.”

I quickly step away from her and twist in place to face her and she is bent over slightly at the waist, hands clasped in front of her, and looking quite pleased with herself with her tails swaying slightly in a low arc. “Tha-that’s not relevant,” I manage to stammer out and she giggles again, filling the area with her laughter.

I wanna see it,” Shiva begs in my ear.

“Oh, fine,” she says in mock defeat before continuing in a normal tone, “Just because I believe that you are too young to have decided on a mate, doesn’t mean that I don’t think you should be looking, or trying to impress someone.”

“… I see,” I tell her turning away from her again, and head toward the entrance, “It is almost time to meet with Melodiana, so I will have to ask my pardon.”

“Oh one more thing before you go,” She says as she quickly walks up next to me and loops her arm through mine, and begins to pull me deeper into the store.

“Wait, where are we going?” I ask as I am pulled passed displays and shelves full of clothing, I did not think the store was this big.

Perhaps she is going to take matters into her own hands,” Shiva says, “Unlike that other woman that left you with the choice.”

Now isn’t the time,” I complain.

You say that like you couldn’t get away if you wanted to,” Shiva says and then continues while snickering, “So obviously you don’t want to get away.”

I don’t want to hurt her,” I protest.

“Talia,” She calls out, “Come here for a moment will you.”

“Who is Talia?” I ask.

“Give me a moment,” a voice calls from elsewhere and above us from the sound of it, in the store as Samura continues to lead me along through less clothing and down a hallway.

We round a corner into what must be the private home part of the building, as I hear a light set of footsteps on stairs. Samura has slowed down quite a bit now and I am able to look around what must be her entertaining room. There are a few small seating places close to a red brick fire place, and a bigger bench behind a low table that has a vase with red day lilies in it.

Hmm this is a nice and warm room,” Shiva says examining our new surroundings, “It might not be so bad to be hers.”

And you just had to ruin that nice thought,” I sigh.

mmhmm, ruin,” She replies her voice heavy with sarcasm, before continuing in her normal voice while laughing, “But if the rest of her home is like this, I am willing to bet that you would enjoy living here quite a bit.”

“Ah there you are Talia,” Samura says as a younger Kitsune girl rounds the corner into the room. The first thing I notice is she has two tails like Samura, but they are pure white.

“Maya,” she says in an exasperated voice, before switching to a lecturing tone “You can’t just bring customers into our home.”

“What if she isn’t a customer?” Samura quickly shoots back pulling me into her chest as she crosses her arms in front of her, even quicker she mutters, “I apologize,” as she blushes slightly and releases my arm.

“Did you sell her something?” the young girl asks, putting her hands on her hips and looking up to us, and as Samura opens her mouth to reply she cuts her off continuing, “That makes her a customer, and you shouldn’t bring them into our private home.”

My my she is certainly acting mature isn’t she?” Shiva teases her, while I stand back and watch the events in front of me.

“That doesn’t mean she is not a friend,” Samura shoots back, placing a hand on her hip while wagging her finger at the young girl.

“So what you are saying is that you left the shop unattended to show your friend around,” Talia says, heavily stressing the word friend, “What would Sumi say if she were not at the gardens?”

“She would likely welcome her in, ask her to have a seat, and offer her tea,” Samura says triumphantly.

Talia sighs at this and says, “You are probably right, but that doesn’t make it okay for you to have left the store.”

You know I kind of understand how she must feel,” I mention to Shiva.

And what is that supposed to mean?” She asks suspiciously.

“Oh it will be okay for a few minutes,” Samura shrugs, “Besides she said she had to meet someone soon so I can’t keep her to long. So introduce yourself properly.”

“I am Talia Samura,” She quickly says to me, not really looking at me.

“Hello Talia, I am Lily,” I respond to her, kneeling down to her height.

“I still don’t think you should have brought her back here,” the young girl says to Samura pouting slightly, as she turns and heads back to the corner she came around, before she stops and looks over her shoulder and quietly says, “Besides she smells like honeyed blood,” before she quickly runs back to the stairs.

“That was very rude and you know it,” Samura shouts after her angrily, before she turns back towards me and begins apologizing, “I apologize for her behavior, she knows better.”

“It’s okay,” I tell her, “Children and animals generally don’t care much for me.”

Hmm, maybe animals but children generally adore you,” Shiva comments, “Though I haven’t the faintest reason why.”

“Though I do not believe I have ever been told I smell like honeyed blood,” I continue laughing slightly.

“You only smell a bit of blood,” Samura quickly says probably thinking the thought would upset me. “And it isn’t really honey, you smell more of warm sugar and vanilla, it’s actually rather pleasant,” she says babbling before she gasps and bows, “I’m so sorry I’m being rude.”

“Don’t worry about it I consider myself more of a Succubus anyway, and thank you,” I tell her and she straightens up while blushing slightly.

“Oh and I was hoping that she would get along with you,” Samura says under her breath, while looking at the wall where Talia ran off to. She sighs slightly and turns back towards me, “Well come on I will walk you back to the street.”

I nod my head and we turn to leave, but as we walk back towards the store I turn around and catch a glimpse of the tip of a small white ear peaking around the corner.

27