41.
387 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up with Iris's arms around me again, and her warm breath tickles me between my shoulder blades. She has wrapped her lower body around me multiple times yet again, and her left hand has come to a rest on my breast.

How many times does this make now?” I ask as I attempt to separate us which just results in her tightening down on me, as if to complain about disturbing her rest.

I would have to say several,” Shiva laughs, “I haven't been counting.”

I manage to get mostly turned around and I look down at her sleeping face. “Completely defenseless,” I scold her as her bare breasts gently rise and fall.

I'm still surprised she agreed to your no clothes stipulation,” Shiva mumbles.

I think back to the night after the accident when she seemed like she was going to beg to sleep with me again. I couldn't directly refuse her  and her tear filled gaze made it hard to breath. So I told her I didn't like the feeling of clothes rubbing against each other and that if she wanted to stay with me we would be naked before I dropped my gown and panties in front of her. She actually looked so relieved as she immediately stripped in front of me before dragging me into bed with her.

With how shy she is I had thought that it might chase her to one of the other girls,” I sigh as I trace the pulse in her neck with my fingertip. Her heart is beating steadily and I find it rather fascinating, “It is amazing that something so fragile and easily snuffed out is what keeps us alive.”

Oh becoming sentimental in your old age?” Shiva teases me.

I'm not sure that is the word for it,” I shake my head as I reach down and roll Iris's shoulder gently.

After a few moments she stretches, yawns and slowly opens her eyes and looks up to me. She yawns again and shakes her head before shoving her face in between my breasts. “D-don't you go back to sleep,” I scold her.

She sighs slightly and mumble's, “I suppose you do need to get ready.”

She loosens up on me but doesn't let me go either. I look down at her and sigh and make my decision; I shouldn't let this continue so that she won't be hurt by me in the future, “You probably shouldn't keep sleeping with me like this.”

How harsh,” Shiva whispers disapprovingly in my ear.

Iris twists away and looks rather sad. She hugs me again and tucks her head underneath my chin, “A-am I not allowed?”

“Someone else would be a better option. I'm not really a good person, as much as I pretend to be in the daylight,” I whisper gently to her, “There is a reason why I am part of the Wingless.”

“I don't care,” she retorts immediately, “Isn't it for me to decide who I wish to pursue?”

“You wouldn't say that if you knew how much of a monster that I am.”

She doesn't say anything but she tightens her grip on me, and rubs her cheek against me before burying her face between my breasts again.

I don't know how to convince her as I look down at the top of her head. I might have reached out to her when she needed comfort, but I wonder if she is confusing gratitude with affection. “I think she made it quite clear,” Shiva interrupts my train of thought, “That you aren't going to get her to look elsewhere for companionship.”

I sigh, “I should have been more firm with her... and I should have cleared things up with Maya and stopped teasing them as we-”

Don't give me any of that horseshit,” Shiva growls at me, “You've longed for-”

“I don't think you are,” Iris interrupts Shiva, “as much of a monster as you are claiming to be.”

“Really, and how many people do you think I've killed for money?” I ask to prove her wrong, and then rapidly continue, “Or a better question; How many in cold blood? How many because I-”

“You have nightmares nearly every night,” She responds with her face still hidden by my chest before she turns her head to the side and continues, “I hadn't noticed until we slept like this, but you toss and turn, whimper, and have even cried in your sleep several times over the past couple of weeks.”

“I-I-,”

“Sometimes you even talk in your sleep,” she cuts me off again, “It was even harder to notice, barely louder than your breathing, but once I caught on I noticed it more and more... Do you want to know what you say?” Before I can refute her she continues “You mostly apologize.”

She takes a breath and looks up to me. Her Hazel eyes are bright, clear, and hold a determination that stops me from looking away, “So no I don't think you are a monster, and yes I know that you have in fact killed more people than I want to count. Elsie told Leyla and I who you were, saying that it is only fair that since we are living together that we know, and to do with that information what we will.”

“Y-you've known?” I meekly ask.

She nods her head, “Even in our small village we had heard the rumors about Ranarre Cin.”

“Knowing who I am how can you say that I'm not a monster?”

“Because a Monster wouldn't feel guilt, and apologize while crying. A Monster wouldn't reach out to a silly girl crying on her own,” she gently nods her head like she has convinced herself, “And it is who you were, not who you are.”

She stretches out so that we are laying evenly and gently strokes my cheek while looking into my eyes. I'm the first to break contact and she gives me one last small squeeze and lets me go, “You should go ahead and get ready. I'll make the two of you something to eat before you need to leave.”

She slides out of the bed and picks up a shirt off the floor and pulls it on before throwing a glance over her shoulder and heading towards the kitchen.

I'm sorry,” Shiva apologizes.

“NN?” I make a questioning sound as I look towards the open door as I try to sort out the jumble clutching at my heart.

I shouldn't have gotten that upset with you,” She sighs, “It just seemed like you were shoving away chances to be happy.”

I look up towards the ceiling and try to not think about all of the things I've done, “Do I deserve happiness?”

Everybody does.”

“I don't know,” I sigh as I sit up and move over to my armor stand.

...

“Thanks for the meal,” Melodiana happily nods before she turns and heads out the front door.

“Be safe today,” Iris responds from next to me.

“Thanks for the food,” I sigh and start to follow Melodiana out of the door when a strong but gentle grip catches my wrist. Iris tugs me into her before she presses my back into the wall and lifts me up slightly.

She locks our lips together and her tongue slips in my mouth momentarily before she pulls back. She is blushing hard as she holds me up in the air and she rests her forehead against mine. “Be safe,” She whispers and gently sets me back down on the floor.

Shiva cheers and I nod my head in a daze and walk out the door and shut it behind me. Melodiana is waiting for me at the edge of the road and I walk down beside her.

“Did something happen?” She asks as I approach her, “You look a bit dazed.”

“I-it was n-n-,” I pause, “I'll be fine.”

She nods her head and we head towards today's meeting place.

 

She nods her head and we head towards today's meeting place.

“Alright, I want you three,” our captain says while pointing towards Melodiana, Aya, and Sarah, “On the front door.” He then turns towards me and then points to Stephanie, “You two will be inside with the Queen. Loraine and I will be in the back alley and the other guards will be posted at the alley entrances to the street once they arrive.”

I sigh and throw a sideways glance over to Stephanie. She looks much the same as the last time we met, but she now has a long dagger sheathed on her hip next to her sword.

I just can't seem to escape her,” I roll my neck and look to Melodiana and point up at the eaves, “Make sure to keep an eye on the roofs as well, and listen for sounds above you. You've seen me get up and down with relative ease multiple times.”

“Understood,” she nods her head seriously.

“A-are you going to be o-okay?” Aya quietly moves next to me and whispers.

I nod my head, and look over to her, “I'll manage, the three of you need to be more careful though.”

“Don't worry,” Sarah claps Aya on the shoulder, “We won't let anything in through the front door.”

I nod my head and turn to Stephanie and walk over to her, “Lets step inside and get a lay of the building.”

She doesn't say anything in response but steps towards the front door of the small single story renovated warehouse. I follow her and step through the front door. The room is rather spacious but rather empty as well, and there are a few piles of building supplies off to the side.

There are a few chairs and some rugs on the floor, but this clearly isn't meant to be a space to hold a meeting in either.

“Looks like no side windows to be concerned about,” Stephanie nods to herself.

I throw a quick glance around and don't see anything worth making note of, so I walk over and set up a small fire to chase off the chill.

You would think that they would already have everything set up, I can't believe that they think this is an appropriate venue” Shiva sounds irritated as she sighs, “Especially since it is a Queen that we are entertaining today.”

I think it has something to do with the family that 'offered' the building for use,” I throw a glance out of the corner of my eye at Stephanie and she is arranging the chairs while looking distressed.

She pulls one over closer to the fire and moves towards another. The fire finally catches and I slowly tend it as she continues to walk back and forth behind me.

“T-that's better,” she gasps quietly to herself, “At least looks inviting now.”

I turn around and she has arranged all of the furniture around so that it at least looks to be a proper sitting area instead of a room full of unwanted things.

“Cozy,” I mumble loud enough to let her know that I approve and I go back to looking at the small flames lick at the wood.

After about twenty minutes the door opens and Maya walks in with a bundle of dark red fabric in her arms, followed by a woman wrapped up in a large cloak. Stephanie snaps to attention nearly immediately, and I close my book up and slowly stand up. She pulls her hood down and looks around and I am caught by surprise. Our eyes meet and recognition flashes behind her gold and pink eyes.

Her red lips form a slight O of surprise and her eyes flick around the room before stopping back on me. She smiles lightly, lifting her cheeks slightly making her face look a little bit rounder, and she tucks her brown hair over her shoulder.

“Ladies,” Marion steps around and says, “I present to you Queen Adriana Mae. This is Stephanie Rainheart and-”

“Lily,” The Queen Interrupts, “We m-met in the past.”

“So do you still go digging through maidens underwear draws?” I ask her with a yawn.

Instantly everyone flicks their eyes to me before looking back at the Queen like I was clearly making a joke. The queen goes a bit red and looks away slightly and mumbles, “I-it wasn't what you think.”

“E-excuse me?” Maya sounds confused as she carries a bundle of cloth into the room.

“I found her digging through my draw full of underwear,” I sigh, “Didn't know she was a queen though.”

“I-I was lost, and found my way into a small room, a-and-” The Queen stammers, “I bumped the d-dresser and something fell in the drawer that was slightly open, so I t-thought to p-put it b-back in it's place, a-and then she came in while I was still looking for it.”

“A-ah, so it was just a misunderstanding,” Maya nods her head and sounds relieved.

“I don't keep things on my dresser,” I yawn, and there is a silence in the room as no one knows what to say.

The door opens and everybody turns to look, and the Queen rushes forward and wraps around the person before I get a good look at them, but I have a good idea who it is.

You certainly like to pick and tease,” Shiva yawns.

If it didn't bother her so much I would have forgotten about it by now,” I laugh as I turn back to my book and slide it into the pocket of my cloak, “But her reactions are always entertaining every time she visits the coven.”

“-Your consort is quite beautiful as well,” I hear Stephanie murmur somewhat shyly, “She fits you well.”

I look over and like I thought Morgan is standing in front of the door wearing a crooked smile. I raise an eyebrow as our gazes meet and ask, “You want to tell her or should I?”

“I am a man,” he says in his gentle quiet voice and with laughter behind his deep purple eyes he smiles over to Stephanie, who looks shocked and I get a look at Maya as well and she has a strange smile on her face.

I assume she was tricked by him as well,” I laugh slightly.

“R-really?” Stephanie asks sounding like she doesn't quite believe him.

“Indeed,” I nod, “He may look like a cute flat chested Succubus with those features, but he is in fact an Incubus. If you look closely you can see it in his jaw, brow, and shoulders.”

“I-I'm sorry,” Stephanie bows and apologizes, “I-didn-”

“Don't worry much about it,” He laughs lightly interrupting her, “I am quite used to it.”

Maya walks over to me and stops in front of me while the others are chatting and some other people bring in several dresses. She looks around without looking directly at me and she starts to blush lightly.

“H-here take this,” She mumbles and thrusts the bundle into my chest, forcing me to grab it.

It is soft and a bit heavy as well, and I shake it out. It is a long cloak that reminds me of the one that Maya is still wearing but it is red and black instead of blue and silver. “I can't afford this,” I immediately respond as my fingers sink into the soft lining, and my heart aches at the quality and cost.

“I-It's a gift,” Maya says while looking off to the side, and continues in a flustered fashion “I-I wa... I-it would make my happy if you wore it.”

Cute,” Shiva declares strongly, “And you aren't allowed to refuse.”

“A gift?” I question and try to remember if I forgot a Kitsune holiday, and Maya nods her head.

I notice several expectant eyes on me from around the room. “Thank you,” I nod and rub the fabric between my thumb and finger. Maya's tails start wagging hard enough to stir up a slight dust cloud.

I move and hang it on one of the hooks near the door and then turn back around and go back to examining the room.

17