DEATH LOG: SUN JI MAN
2.8k 14 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lan Mei Ru fell asleep ever since he took her back to her bedroom.

Sun Ji Man went to the kitchen and looked for something to eat before coming back and stting some aside for Lan Mei Ru when she wakes up.

It was clear to him how everyone seemed to feel about this situation, with people dying and all.

How does he feel about this?

It was Karma biting back at him.

He never thought of himself as a good person. . . even if he hadn't killed anyone like his brother-in-law did.

Chairman Hong was his brother-in-law.

His first wife. . . was his big sister.

Was it a happy marriage? No. The hell it wasn't.

He cannot imagine how much pain his sister suffered being married to that man. But he was powerless, all he did was watch as his sister's health deteriorated and took her life away.

After she passed away, he was still under his brother-in-law's control. 

At least as long as he listens to him, he could continue watching over his sister's children.

Watch the children grow, be their only comfort, healthy and strong.

Healthy and strong. . . 

Naive. what was he hoping for. . .

The treatment was no better than their mother.

Not only couldn't he continue watching over the children, he was then kicked out by his brother-in-law and told to take care of his own life.

He had his 20 years of peace when he left his house at 17.

So why contact him now?

His brother-in-law remarried and had a son, although this son of his was disappointing.

He did a few dirty business under his orders before and by the years, he also had his own contact so his brother-in-law probably called him out for the same reasons again.

Not like he'll agree to it but through negotiation, he might.

Yet now he could only laugh since karma struck earlier before he could do anything.

At this cruel fate, he could only laugh.

BLINK.

The light in their room suddenly turned on and he who was sitting idly on the couch in looked at the door. He had a feeling. . .

You know. . . that feeling. . .

Eerie. . . discomfort. . .

"..."

But he didn't flinch and grabbed the cold beer on the ice bucket that he prepared.

CLICK. BEEP. BEEP. 

The door opened.

GULP.  With a swig of his wrist he swallowed, loving the burning sensation on his chest as it goes down.

BEEP. CLICK. the door closed.

It was undeniably the killer.

"Shady." it was clear from the all black outfit imitating the grim reaper's favorite color.

"Hi." Sun Ji  Man greeted nonchalantly.

"..."

They were just staring at each other. He sitting on his comfy couch and him standing before him.

"I have a few questions to ask you that I want you to answer. Let's sit and chat for a bit." Sun Ji Man placed another beer on the table and gestured him to sit. The killer found this amusing and took of the mask around his mouth. He grabbed the can of beer and drank.

"What do you want to know?" He asked with a smile.

Sun Ji Man looked at the can on his hand contemplating before gazing at the killer infront of him who chose to take off his hoodie and feel comfortable.

"Looking at you, I really want to know what drove you into killing us." He was a bit surprised after seeing his face but at heart, he was sure that there was  good enough reason to kill them all off.

None of the people inside the cruise were clean.

"So are you asking or not?" 

"I suddenly changed my mind. Now I just want to share this last drink with you." he smiled at this thought.

Sun Ji Man lost his drive to chat but ironically, the killer suddenly felt like talking.

"The deal between him and country R, you knew that he was illegally trafficking people. Why didn't you stop him?" 

Sun Ji Man took another swig and closed his eyes, thinking. 

"My connections aren't powerful enough to intervene. Don't overestimate me."

"It's not like you really care right?" The usually careful him didn't even try voicing his opinions nicely.

"I wouldn't be killing you all off so easily if I didn't care." The killer frowned openly hinting that he had other, even more excruciating plans to kill them off before this.

"Too bad we ruined it for you then." Halfheartedly sympathizing with him.

"I'm about to kill you." 

"I know and I welcome it."

"Why?"

Sun Ji Man looked at him with a smile before drinking all his beer down, letting out a satisfied sigh.

"I tried killing myself numerous times so how can I not appreciate when someone could do it for me? I'm not stupid to think that just because I didn't personally killed anyone with my own hands, I am blameless."

"I was there. The ENTIRE time. Watching as people died before my feet. I didn't even try to help and selfishly chose to make thing easier for myself. Even though my sister and her children were suffering, I didn't do anything for them just to spare my life."

"I'm scum and I deserve to die."

He never thought of forgiving himself nor use being powerless as an excuse to deem himself blameless. At times, doing nothing is a sin itself.

He didn't deserve any pity nor did he want it.

For him, being hunted down by the grim reaper was the best gift he ever received.

At least in the end, he admitted his own faults.

He was proud of this act even if to others, this was just a desperate act of self respect satisfying one's own ego.

"You're just as sick as I am." The killer grinned and stood up, taking a syringe with some unknown substance inside it.

"It was a nice chat."

STAB.

The substance quickly worked its purpose and Sun Ji Man's sight turned blurry, reflexively standing up and shook his head.

THUD.

His body toppled over.

CREAK!

"Hmmn?" He was about to drag the body out by the arm when the sudden creaking of a door took his attention.

BAM! CLICK!

The bedroom door loudly shut and locked itself.

"Smart woman." He knew that Lan Mei Ru was sleeping inside and took precautions by sitting on the couch that would only show the back of his head from the bedroom door, hiding his face. He wasn't afraid of her hearing their conversation since there was quite a distance from the couch and the bedroom door. He wasn't talking loudly either.

He wore his mask back and knocked on the door, his playful side scaring the woman who was probably close to pissing herself from the other side.

"Smart but also stupid." The clinking of keys echoed through the silent room and with the turn of the key, the door was unlocked.

He pushed the door lightly but it wasn't budging. He started off with a light push then a stronger one. He pushed, pushed and pushed till it turned into kicks.

He kicked and kicked and kicked to the point that the wood caved in. The grin on his face grew wider and wider as he took his time but then he got bored a minute after and gathered strength on his leg, kicking the door open.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" she screamed and held the vase on her chest.

"D-d-d-don't c-come! AHHHHH!!!" She screamed in pain as her hair was strongly grabbed with full force.

She pulled on the the bed, the strong enough to rip through her scalp. He quickly pounced and sat on top of her , caging her underneath him.

Lan Mei Ru struggled and struggled, kicking his abdomen making him grunt in pain. He raised his hand and strongly slapped striking her dizzy.

"Ugh-Ahh! AAAAAAHHH!!!" Her skull was durable enough to endure that slap and started another round of struggling but then her neck was suddenly strangled, pain shot through as something hard was pressuring her throat down and she reflexively used both hands attempting to rip it off, her nails scratching his arms.

SLAP!

His stamina was being challenged by her constant squirming so he slapped her before grabbing another syringe that he prepared and recklessly stabbed it on her neck to quiet her down.

"Uehhk! Ughh- . . . . ." She fell unconscious.

"Damn woman giving me a hard time." He had the right to complain.

He didn't planned on killing her yet. It was not her day.

"I'll be back for you."

CREAK.

He closed the bedroom door and picked Sun Ji Man's body up and rested it over his shoulder. With slow steps he walked around the elevator and into a familiar door.

If Ming Yu saw it, It was clearly the door behind the elevator. The laundry room.

Opening it he used a key to go through the locked door inside and made sure that it was secured after going through it. There was still another door ahead of the hall and this door was one that would take you to the bridge. 

Entering there, numerous heads turned to him with gloomy, lifeless eyes. There were some that reflected burning hatred that glinted despite the darkness of the night, haunting.

These people were survivors. Families of those that were sold off, rights taken away and were exchanged like livestock, losing their loved ones with a flick of someone's finger. They were here for revenge, the greatest driving force that pushed them to kill.

Familiar faces of employees were present yet the look of their eyes were clearly those of a rabid dog ready to chew some meat out of someone's skin.

Their expressions were menacing under the dim gleam of the moonlight.

He ignored them and used the elevator to head down Deck-0.

Deck-0. Control room. Surveillance Room. Engine room.

At the farthest corner was a room which was once empty but now, he had a use for it.

He called it the 'Butcher's room.'

"Ugh. . . it stinks. . ."He flipped the light switch and before him was lots of red hue. Everything the eyes could see were soiled or stained scarlet.

He put the unconscious Sun Ji Man at the side and proceeded to the big container at the corner of the room which took 1/3 of the space.

It was a cooler.

"She's not rotting." One look at the corpse's face and it was clear who it was.

He closed the cooler shut, and sat on the floor facing the unconscious Sun Ji Man.

"I just thought of something of something interesting. . ." Inspiration struck and he dragged the body at a corner of the room before raising his knife.

"Let's paint."

There were no disturbing, pig slaughtered screams yet the bloody stench once again filled the Butcher's room.

Daylight struck and a bloody trail followed his path , letting the body dry out in the morning sun as the thick scarlet liquid oozed out, painting the pristine white bow into a striking color. The band of onlookers were tantalized, immersed at the gory picture.

SHUTTER.

"Pretty." He praised at his piece of artwork and didn't hesitate to share it by using at as the wallpaper of every existing monitor within the ship.

"I hope with this something interesting will happen today." He didn't expect much but at least, something that would cope with his boredom.

With a wave of his hands, he gestured them to collect the body up.

"I'll be back tonight. Make sure that he stays alive."

With the mention of him, all of them expressed their hatred with a killer glare.

"I just want them to meet him one last time that's all." he tried to convince them.

Their glares didn't lessen and rather increased in intensity but he brushed them off since they could never refuse him who was sick in the head.

"Just one night, that's all." 

"A night. That's it." The acting leader of the victims had no plans of negotiating further.

"Mmn. Thank you." He smiled and left the bridge.

He used the elevator and went to his room that was through one of the personnel doors right outside of the bridge. He changed his clothes, took his time cleaning out the blood and used his set of keys to go back to one of the guest rooms.

Facing the mirror, he couldn't hide the anticipation he had in his heart for the day and smiled.

"It's morning~"

He mumbled in greeting to himself and waited.

For those in different timezone, this update is probably late

69