Story 4.5 Doubt
2.6k 16 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7:30 am. A quiet morning.

Ming Yu woke up and turned his head habitually to his left yet didn't saw face that he alway wanted to see in the morning.

Admin. . .

[Admin: Yeah?]

Where is he?

[Admin: I don't know. By the time I arrived I didn't see him. I've been waiting for you the past 30 mins.]

He left the room thinking that Xu Wan Zhe was in the kitchen as usual but his steps slowed down.

It was morning yet the hall was eerily quiet more than usual. . .

He turned around and thought about approaching Fan Han's room.

KNOCK. KNOCK. 

CREAK.

His weak knocks easily opened the door. It was left unlocked.

[Admin: . . . can we NOT go in . . .]

"..."

Inside, there was nothing off. He leisurely opened the bedroom door and saw the women sleeping soundly. Everything was fine. 

But where's Fan Han? 

He felt unwell and thought about checking up on Secretary Luo.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

No answer.

"Secretary Luo. . ."

RUSTLE.

[Admin: He's inside.]

The coward was desperately protecting his life by never leaving his room.

Everyone was currently staying on this Deck. Him in Xu Wan Zhe's room. The girls in Fan Han's, Hong Bing in his room. He also went to Hong Bing's room only to see it open and empty.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

[Admin: !!!]

Ming Yu jumped from the loud clamor that resounded from upstairs. He approached the elevator only to see the red light dark. The elevator was shut down.

"shit. . . shit. . . it won't. . . f*ck. . I" Part of Hong Bing's words could be heard coming from upstairs accompanied by the sound of banging, hitting the elevator doors attempting to pry it open.

But that wasn't his concern.

WAN ZHE.

His heartbeat was erratic and he started sweating. His brain moving faster thinking, thinking, thinking. thinking. Too much thinking and he felt the pounding of his heart take over his head. 

Admin. What's going on?! Where is he?! What happened?! What-

[Admin:A-a-author, calm down. Your husband should've at least left something for you. . ]

Ming Yu dashed into their room and searched through everything. His eyeballs were rolling fast looking for whatever was easily noticeable in the room.

His phone.

And sure there were messages inside.

3 messages. Husband

Husband: I'm at the car park. I can't go back up. The elevator won't open nor go down -3:22 am

Husband: Nothing happened. I'm fine. Makes sure to lock up the room tonight. Don't use the candles. They're drugged. -6:48 am

Husband: Are you awake? -7:21 am

His breath got caught up in his throat under shock and he shivered. He fumbled through the call button, the sweat making it challenging than normal, his heart beating painfully from anxiousness.

RING... RING...RING...

The phone stopped ringing and the sound of the waves could be heard through.

Awake? 

"W-where are you-"

I'm fine. Nothing happened but i'm stuck down here. The doors to the stairs are locked and the elevators aren't working.

"Why were you there. . ."

. . . I'm sorry. I wanted to look for him alone but didn't expect to be trapped. I should've noticed when the car park was now open. Fan Han was with me and we decided to separate, he should be a floor above me.

"..." 

Did you read my messages? Don't use the candles and stay in the room. Listen to me this time. Don't worry about me. I'm armed remember?

"But you're not here. . ." Here where I can see you.

Ah Yu. . . I'll be back soon. Safe and sound. So listen and don't do anythi-

BEEP.

"Wan Zhe? Wan Zhe!" The call died.

[Admin: Did his battery died? That's why you should always charge-]

"Wan Zhe's not here. . ."

[Admin: "..."]

"What should I do. . . he's not. . ." He lost all calm, scared, feeling the separation.

[Admin: I'm sure he'll be fine. The killer is dealing with your husband. How can anythin-]

"Psst."

[Admin: "..."]

The dull voice successfully caught his attention and now noticed the long shadow on the floor and turned around.

[Admin: (⊙Д⊙) ...]

Lan Mei Ru stood at the door. Her long ink hair a mess and her eyes chilling. She stood there with a lifeless posture, staring, looking beyond Ming Yu. her mouth parted yet had no words to say, not even a single hum, as if she just decided not to speak up.

She took action and moved her legs ever so slowly, not moving closer to them but away. Admin felt the goosebumps spiritually. He didn't need a body to feel the creeping vibes run down a person's skin.

She was like a haunting woman from a horror movie.

[Admin:. . . . what. . .  the holy f*ck was that. . .]

Ming Yu looked outside the door and saw her enter back her room.

"..."

Bea Yu woke up and quickly noticed the change and of course as always, she approached him asking about what was going on, what was the plan. He didn't say anything other than Fan Han and Xu Wan Zhe were trapped within different Decks. Hong Bing can take care of himself.

He also didn't mention about the drugged candles.

Why? 

This might sound dirty. . . and he knew he was the worst for thinking this but-

Something might happened to them tonight and the was the best chance he could get to sneak out and look for his lover.

He locked his room and sat on the ground, leaning on the door for the purpose of hearing whatever would happen on the hall tonight.

Now. All he needed to do was wait.

He's sorry but. . . he needed to find Wan Zhe. He couldn't keep still and do nothing, knowing nothing.

[Admin: Author you stupid reckless brave idiot!!! ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻]

-

On time, the sound of footsteps echoed through the metal walls as night arrived.

Clack. Clack. Clack. Clack.

"Hheeeeeek!"

Secretary Luo's loud screeching was similar to that of a slaughtered pig.

Sound of struggle and harsh pull and push onto the door was loud enough to hear. The killer's amused laugh could be lightly heard from this distance yet it was hard to indicate who's voice it was.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

"Tch." 

CLack.

The psycho was having fun scaring the grown man, loving how cowardly the person was. Satiated for now, he left him alone and proceeded.

CLack. Clack. Clack. CLACK. CLACK. CLACK! CLACK! CLACK. 

"..."

[Admin: HE'S BEHIND THE DOOR.]

KNOCK. KNOCK.

"..."

[Admin: Do not. . . make a f*cking.... peep...]

KNOCK. KNOCK.

"..." The killer's steady knocks was clearly probing.

[Admin: "..."]

The handle erratically turned. Left, right, left, right, left, left, right, right, left, right, right, left.

The disturbing sound of the handle and the clanking of the locks were like needles, poking one's sane mind. The vibration caused by the struggled were felt by the door and Ming Yu who was leaning onto it felt every single impact, vibrations making his hair stand on end.

BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM. BAM.

The push and pull made the door loudly creak and the uneven punches continued to rumble.

Ming Yu held out the entire time, pushing against the door desperate to breathe out. His lung felt uncomfortable from suffocation but he didn't dare breathe,for he didn't want to be founded out. 

Movement stopped but he didn't let his guard down. He was clearly still there. . . staring. . . listening. . . probing. . . 

[Admin: "..."]

The killer behind the door pushed once more and Ming Yu flinched. Something suddenly fell onto his head and landed on his stomach. Ming Yu picked it up to take a closer look and realized that it was the peephole piece.

[Admin: Ming Yu. . . t-that should've made a sound-]

"Ha. . . haha. . ." The killer grimly laughed.

Fuck. Now the killer knew he was in!

BAM! BAM! BAM!BAM! BAM! BAM!BAM! BAM! BAM!BAM! BAM! BAM!BAM! BAM! BAM!BAM! BAM! 

[Admin: asfkjdhfl;jgjkj!!]

[Admin: We're dead! DEAD I TELL YOU!]

[Admin: AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!]

Admin. . . you're not helping. . .

The psycho abruptly stopped.

"..." The man's snicker could be heard, holding out his laugh. If only if he said something then Ming Yu might realize who. . . who this madman was. . .

[Admin: "..."]

CLACK. CLACK. clack. clack. clack. . . 

[Admin: H-h-he really left?]

Creak.

Rustle. Rustle. rustle.

Ming Yu was sure that the killer headed to the girls room. A minute passed and the noise of someone being dragged could be heard. Light bumps from impact on surfaces was distinct.... he stood up. . . his hand on the handle.

[Admin: HEY! ARE YOU F*CKING INSANE!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻]

CREAK.

Ming Yu slowly opened the door and saw darkness...

The hallway lights were dim. He didn't stepped out but leaned on the door, turning his head to look at the direction of the girl's room. . .

RUSTLE. RUSTLE. RUSTLE.

With the door open, the noise was now even louder. The noise... it came from the women's room... right?

With a faint heart, he turned to his left and squinted his eyes. . .

There's no one there.

Thank goodness...

[Admin: M-m-m-m-m-ming yu. . .]

"..." He turned around and...

Outside the women's room, the killer was standing still....

On his arms was Bea Yu, carried gently while on the ground was Lan Mei Ru, dragged like a dead weight.

Nobody moved.

The sound of the waves was creating tension to the dark hallways and the heavy atmosphere. Ming Yu studied the killer first, attempting to guess his next moves. The sound of the waves became louder and the atmosphere sunk heavier. Chilling. Constricting.

DING.

The elevator rang, arriving at the deck.

Ming Yu walked, taking advantage of the moment of silence. The killer didn't stop him from taking the elevator and simply stared.

He didn't break away and stared back, pressing the D1 button. This exchange made something clear to him.

The killer wasn't his enemy... at least, not anymore.

The memories of that night flashed and he could never forget the malice and hatred that the figure once expressed as he looked at him. Currently, an amount of dislike was still there, yet the killing intent disappeared.

Was this the workings of the higher ups? ... or is it something else?

The dark figure watched as the doors closed, taking Ming Yu away with it.

"Pffft-!" The laughter he'd been holding sputtered out. 

DING.

The first elevator arrived and he took it, pressing the D7 button.

"I'll see you. . ." he mumbled lowly

-

The image of cars lined up in rows within the dark car park was terrible to look at at night. The sound of his footsteps were drowned by the roaring waves yet the chilling cold was greatly felt withing the closed space.

"Wan Zhe. . ." he voiced out.

The dim silhouette of the cars lengthened by the moonlight was horror provoking. Each casual step was like walking on eggshells and every breath he took felt like it was limited. As if each breathe counts.

Ming Yu suddenly slipped on something and landed heavy on the car triggering the alarm. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEP 

Numerous hurried footsteps could be heard and Ming Yu ran to hide behind the car closest to him, hunching low as he could,  skillfully hiding his shadow from the unfriendly bunch.

Ming Yu peeked underneath the car he was hiding at and saw two. . . three. . . five people. They separated, their necks probably stretching in search and the rest ducking down here and there. The clamor of keys was heard, one amusingly had all the car keys as each and every car issued a beep before finding the right key to turn the alarm off.

[Admin: Ming Yu, act like a good ninja.]

Ming Yu didn't have the the leisure to react and focused on not making a sound.

This was bad. He was surrounded.

Someone was approaching him real close...

Clack. Clack. Clack. The sound of the man's heels was nearing him and he had no where to go. One was keeping an eye on the car's left, the other on the right.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

[Admin: He's coming! he's coming! Ahhhhh-!!!(((( ;°Д°)))) ]

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

[Admin: Author! Crawl underneath the car! Crawl!(╯°□°)╯]

[Admin: Wait don't! he might actually hear you- just stay still!]

[Admin: F**********CCCKKK!!!(ノ=゚ロ゚)ノ]

DING.

The elevator arrived.

"Boss." The man's who was now only 5 small steps away from him said, stopping at his tracks.

The said 'Boss' didn't say anything and simply waved his hand calling them up. They hesitated but followed without him gesturing twice.

Ming Yu took this chance to lean back down again and peek. The light within the elevator reflected onto something on the floor that caught his attention.

Xu Wan Zhe's ring.

Ming Yu frowned at the sight of it.

It wasn't only Ming Yu who noticed this and the boss, the killer draped in black picked it up.

"..."

The next action that happened shocked the the Admin's blue screen flickered like a glitch, blinding Ming Yu's sight for a second.

The killer removed his gloves and wore it on his fingers.

The ring fits.

[Admin: Author. . . you're not thinking what i'm thinking. . . right?]

"..."

[Admin: You're husband is a married man in this life. I'm sure of it. . .]

"..."

[Admin: Condolences.]

Admin. That clearly wasn't the point. . .

^*^*^*^*^*^*^^

a/n: Admin is exactly that one friend you don't want to be stuck with when your dying.

79