Side Story : Xu Ze Min 1
2.9k 2 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a day like everyday.

"F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!" the young older twin who shared the name 'Xu Wan Zhe' was locked up on the other room while his younger twin was being beaten on the other side.

The only way to see through the other side was through the gap under the door. Each scene was engraved into his heart, his memory. Every night it would haunt him in his dreams.

Many times he tried to do worse than his little twin yet his little twin didn't have the ability to live up to their expectations which only made things worse for them both.

If he was good they would receive better food to eat. Warmer nights through winter, more comfort through summer. Yet the same circumstances simply repeated itself.

It wouldn't stop.

It continued on and on and on and on.

Multiple times his younger twin became sick, multiple times he almost lost his life.

WHEN WILL EVERYTHING JUST STOP!!!

-

The weak little brother was put behind the car's trunk and no matter how he pleaded, they separated them from each other. 

Beside him sitting was another boy, he met this boy once through a party but that was it. Little Fan Han wryly smiled at him feeling discomfort from being stared at.

The drive was silent until the other boy, his tone of voice nervous suddenly shouted and before he could ask of what was going on, the car went down, repeatedly rolling over taking his body with each turn, slamming itself onto the rapidly switching surface.

"Wan ... Zhe ..." 

My little brother ... is he okay ...

I hope ... he's okay ...

... brother ... will come get you out ... i just need to move ... then ...

i'll ... get you out ...

-

"Are you awake?" 

"..." He woke up listening to an unfamiliar voice.

"My little ... brother ..." He was his only concern.

"He's ... okay ... he'll be fine. It's been 2 days and you finally woke up, I was worried for you. The other boy had already been moved to a different hospital and he-"

Quickly as he heard that Fan Han was taken away he forcefully grabbed the doctor's sleeve with begging eyes. He abruptly stood up and went to his knees with tears in his eyes.

"Doctor! I beg you! Please! PLEASE! TAKE MY LITTLE BROTHER AWAY!!!"

"I-I-I-I know that this is sudden but please believe me! they'll kill my little brother! They tried throwing us away! please-PLEASE! I BEG YOU!"

There were only two patients in the room which was the two siblings so although the people outside heard his screaming, they didn't there go in and eavesdrop and within the room, no one else was to witness this.

"C-c-calm down! You're injured! you shouldnt-"

"Y-You must have heard it- in the trunk! My little brother should've been in the trunk! Please- I beg you i'll do anything! Just take my little brother away! TAKE HIM AWAY!!!"

"..." Normally, no one would listen to a child's pleas and gather unnecessary trouble yet he, as the doctor was the one who knew better of the patient's state of health.

He didn't dare mention it but while operating the younger twin, he almost died on the table. It wasn't only the accident that ate away his life but also the multiple internal injuries the young body suffered. Purple shaded bruises adorned the thin frame and some organs even shifted itself due to constant beating.

He had seen such cases but the little kid's condition was the worse.

Even now, his life was hanging by a thread.

"Doctor! I know this isn't right and i'm being selfish but please! please! I BEG YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!! HELP ME! HELP US!!! DON'T ABANDON US!!!"

It was heart-wrenching... he could only wonder what abuse they've experience for someone so young became so desperate to survive. He had always been one who couldn't refuse a request and it was more so when someone's life was on the line.

He needed to do something ... if not ... they will die.

"Stand up ... don't make your wounds worse than it is now."

"DOCTO-"

"Shh! i'll help ... i'll help you so let me treat you first okay? I might just know someone who could help.

"Y-y-you'll help! YOU WON'T ABANDON US?!!"

"T-thank yo-" BUMP.

"Oh-!"

He fainted landing on the doctor's embrace.

"..." 

The doctor did some checkups and after he was sure that the two were okay especially the heavily injured younger twin, he rummaged through his phone and searched through his contacts list for that one reliable friend.

Sun Ji Man
013 6XXX XXXX

Ringing.

"Ji Man? Hey ..."

-

Waking up, he forced himself up, wobbling his way down his bed and limped his steps to the other side of the curtain.

"Are you okay-" What he saw was another nightmare.

"Ahh ..." his younger twin was bandaged all over. Expensive looking machines were attached on the frail body and it was even hard to see his face due to the neck brace and dressing on his face.

He stumbled backwards and gripped his head from the stinging headache. All his scary dreams, his horrorful memories and the experience that was beaten into his body rushed in. He wanted them to stop so he glued himself onto the floor, hitting his head repeatedly desperate for it to stop.

The people outside heard the commotion and the 25 years old Sun Ji Man bolted in grabbing him off the ground and into his embrace. 

"Ahh! AHHH! UGHHH!! UHHH!! AHHH!!"

"Hey it's me! it's me! It's Uncle!"

He wasn't on his right mind and retaliated with all his might, squirming and kicking, waving his hand to hit either the other or himself.

"Look at me! it's me! hey ... it's Uncle. mn? do you see it's Uncle?" Sun Ji Man couldn't hold in the tears in his eyes as he watched how his sister's precious child becoming crazier and irrational before his eyes.

The doctor rushed in and grabbed the sedative injection on the table that he had prepared in case, never did he knew it would be used not on the younger but the older twin.

He came to visit to do a favor for his friend yet he didn't know that their roles would switch and it was his friend who he'd owe his life to.

"Ugh ... uhh .. ahh..."

But he didn't expect that things were this worse.

And all he could do at the moment and cry, the young child within his arms with a new wound on his forehead, bleeding. The small body was too light and fragile in his arms and feeling the bones hit his skin made him bawl his sorrows out.

He should've did his best...

He should've did everything he could to convince his brother-in-law to stay and everything might have been better than this. The doctor gazed at his crying friend, patiently waiting for his emotions to subside.

-

A day passed and the older twin was unresponsive. He was in a trance, staring at the ceiling as if something was there. Sun Ji Man tried his best to make him talk but to no avail, he was treated like air.

"The weather is good outside, should we go for a walk?"

"..."

Sun Ji Man didn't wait for him to talk and took a wheelchair settling him onto it. They went out to the back of the hospital where a wide garden could be appreciated. It was beautiful filled with beautiful flowers and the singing of birds.

"Wait here, i'll grab something to drink."

"..."

The wind flew and as he was blankly staring into space he heard something fall.

Chirp! chirp! chirp!

The birds nest fell from a tree and cute baby hatch-lings were chirping for help.

"..."

He approached them.

-

"AAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

A horrorful scream rang out from the direction of the garden and Sun Ji Man who left the kid there was startled, afraid of something bad happening.

And something did.

"M-m-monster!!! This kid is crazy!!! CRAZY!!!"

"..." Red...

Surrounded by the crowd was a young by at the age of 13 wearing white robes stained heavily with red. He had a pen on his hand, similarly soaked in red liquid and before his feet were lifeless corpses of birds which stopped singing songs.

"Uncle ... you're back?"

"..."

"They were ... a bit noisy ..."

"..."

Sun Ji Man rushed to his side and took the child in his arms again. He was harp and understood that he couldn't stay on the hospital anymore so he headed into the car, sent his friend a message and headed home to his humble apartment.

He carried the child straight into the shower and stripped the bloody clothes away, washing all the red down to the drain and changed him into much cleaner clothes.

The child was quiet. Sun Ji Man knelt before him and waited for him to speak up.

"..."

"..."

"I killed them." Was the first thing he said.

"..."

"Uncle, can you take my little brother away? Can he stay with you?"

"Why did you kill them?" he wanted to know this.

"Because it was necessary ..."

"..." This answer broke Sun Ji Man's heart.

"Uncle, can my little brother stay with you? Can he stay?"

"He'll stay with me. And you too."

"No, I want to go back." This response was unexpected.

"Why?! to kill them?!"

"..."

"You!!!"

"I won't kill them. Not yet, i'm not dumb. I don't have the power to."

It wasn't the right time ... he didn't have the power to fight back. Not yet, he needed to grow. Bigger. Better. Stronger.

So not yet ... he was still a child.

"They aren't fools. By now, they should know that my injuries weren't serious and that they could take me back. But for my little brother, Uncle. You can fake his death don't you?"

"Tell them he's dead then keep him away from them. I'll stay with them and when I get older i'll kill them. Okay?"

Listening to his words made Sun Ji Man cry.

This was too heart-breaking. Too cruel! How could an innocent child's thought be filled with death. The thirst to kill?! He was such an innocent child! They did nothing wrong!

"Uncle. You can't help us both. So just help him please. I'll be okay."

"I promise i won't kill them yet."

"Stop."

"I'll slowly take away what's theirs. Then uncle can keep it from them and Uncle can make yourself stronger. Then afterwards I can-"

"Just stop! ... please .. stop ... ahh ...."

Sun Ji Man pulled the poor child in his embrace and let his tears soak the small one's shoulder.

Why was fate so cruel? Did they deserved this? Was this how everything was meant to be?

How can the world abandon such children?!

What wrong have they done?!!!

"Ahh ... ahh ..."

His phone started ringing but he didn't wish to answer it. His guts was telling him that it was no good news.

Days later, the older twin who named himself Xu Ze Min, took up the name of Xu Wan Zhe and was again taken by the wretched Hong Family.

63