Story: Shen Xihan 5
2k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Xihan groggily woke up in the morning. For the first time he decided to take a break from working and stayed at home however, in the end he couldn't rest at all.

Uncle Mo prepared breakfast for him and although this had become almost an everyday sight he still couldn't used to it. 

Shen Xihan's face contorted in every spoonful of his food as if in pain. He was forcing himself to eat as he lacked the appetite for anything other than wine, drinking it down until he got drunk and knock out.

The phone vibrated and he hastily let go of the spoon. The message was from Shen Liangxi.

[Ge, the doctors have confirmed that there is nothing wrong with Ming Yu's health. They'll be observing him for a while longer to make sure of it and if all is well, he'll be ready to be sent back into the second world in four days.]

[Ge, if you're coming, be here by tomorrow.]

[Mom and Dad won't be back from their trip and if i were you, i'd take advantage of it!]

[Also Ge, there's this thing on Saturday-]

He read what he wanted to know and ignored the rest. Shen Xihan blankly gazed at his meal, thinking.

"Young master." Uncle Mo couldn't stand watching another day of this.

"What happened?" It was to be expected that Shen Xihan would ignore him. Such moments, Uncle Mo knew that it was better to wait so he silently sat before Shen Xihan and let the atmosphere play for his benefit.

"Uncle Mo."

"Yes?"

"Have you ever liked someone?"

"..." Uncle Mo's calm exterior crumbled as this question was one that he never expected. His eyes widened, leaving him frozen for a good three seconds

so that time has come but how? when? who? (⊙_⊙)???

Uncle Mo's brows furrowed but since Shen Xihan asked, he looked back through his memories and couldn't help but helplessly smile after remembering a certain someone who once filled a big part in his heart.

That part did not hurt anymore yet even up till today, it was hollow.

"I only loved one person. She passed away already." He wasn't sad about it now as it was a story from long ago.

"She would have been my wife. I wanted to marry her however she was gravely ill and told me that she didn't want me to become a widower. At first, it made me angry when she told me those very words but later on, I just wanted to make her happy till her passing so I forgot all about it."

There was no reason to be angry anymore as she already left him behind with a smile on her face.

The atmosphere became solemn yet gentle and Shen Xihan thought that it was inappropriate to drag the conversation for too long.

"When she was ill, have you ever thought of her as a burden?"

"Young master, the reason why you've been drinking recently, is it because you were thinking how your disability would turn to be a burden to that person?"

"In here, i'm messed up here too." Shen Xihan mockingly smiled to himself and raised a finger to rudely point at his very own head.

"What does that person think? Have you asked?"

"That ..." This question forced him to keep silent. Uncle Mo sighed as he understood why the young master was having a hard time with this.

Shen Xihan was determined to live his life without anyone's company. He himself said that if he does take interest with somebody he would resolutely distance himself from that person, not letting that person take even a step forward into his life.

He saw himself as a burden. And if someone were on the same shoes, it was natural. 

He was strongly against this before yet now that he was troubled by this could only mean that he unknowingly reached a point where he didn't want to let go of that person anymore.

"Does he love you?"

"... he ...." does.

"Then you can't decide for him." Uncle Mo's words didn't allow him to talk back.

"Xiaohan ..." He spoke with all honesty. "Everyone deserves to be happy. And so do you."

"Being different doesn't make you unworthy of anything that a healthy person could have. So never think less of yourself."

"But he doesn't know ... this side of me-" He wanted to prove a point but Uncle Mo would not give him the chance.

"So you'll selfishly  end it? Without hoping that he might accept you despite all of this?" Uncle Mo's eyes were then red, holding back his old man tears. In his eyes, the person infront of him wasn't the Shen Xihan of today but the wounded child of the past.

"Don't shut him out. Go see him." He didn't want to see Shen Xihan to give up on things that he liked anymore.

"..."

"He would want to see you again too. He loves you, doesn't he? Do you believe in him?" 

Do I believe in him ... 

-

"Li Jun. . ." Ming Yu mumbled weakly saying his last goodbyes.

"I'm happy I fell in love with you." He smiled from the bottom of his heart.

-

"..." Shen Xihan lowered his head when he remembered this.

Uncle Mo stood up and went to the kitchen. He took a wine bottle from the cupboard and a glass then went back to the same seat.

"I thought you wanted me to stop drinking." He chuckled weakly.

"It's for myself. This old man is frustrated looking at you, it's bad for the heart." Uncle Mo drank the entire glass in one go.

The silence between them came back and no one dared to carry the conversation on.

Shen Xihan slowly picked up his spoon and went back to eating. Uncle Mo who saw this felt relieved since the young master's face was slightly better from before.

That's right. Take your time and think more about it... 

Slowly ... learn how to love yourself.

-

[2nd world. Feng Tingxiao]

"Tingxiao ... i'm sorry." Xu Anru turned him down and shook his hand away.

Feng Tingxiao didn't stop her and silenty gazed at the small fading back as he tried the hardest he could to understand the reason behind why she walked away.

They loved each other so why ... couldn't they be together?

Feng Zhenhao witnessed everything and was sad. Xu Anru clearly loved his older brother back so why did she needed to be so difficult and reject him? Did his brother ever told her that she was unworthy? Why was she acting so complicated!

"Sister is simply confused. You love her and she definitely feels the same. Just give her time."

Shen Xihan who was seeing how the scene played out frowned and pinned his eyes on Xu Anru's fading silhouette. Her back was blurry and the harder he looked, his eyes started playing tricks on him by duplicating the shadows into two  different statures and constantly overlapping them.

"As your little brother, I'll keep an eye on sister. I'll go talk to her." Feng Zhenhao went after her.

"Xu Anru ..." When Feng Tingxiao said this, Shen Xihan thought that this name was too unfamiliar yet a person's smile kept appearing inside his head as his gaze hung on the woman's figure.

Xu Anru ... he mumbled as he woke up from his dream.

The name ... wasn't pleasant to his ears.

-

Shen Xihan chose to forcefully hide his memory just like the first life as he wanted to confirm his feelings.

If he really loved Ming Yu, wouldn't he recognize him? Even if one had a different face and voice, from head to toe, someone vastly different from the past...

It was a long stretch but for Shen Xihan who doubted everything. Only in this way could he convince himself somehow.

As Feng Tingxiao, he constantly chased after the shadow of Xu Anru who subconsciously  reminded him of Ming Yu. It didn't seem right so he gave her everything to trigger a spark between them that would remind him of the love they once had.

 As time passed, the fiery feelings died down into cinders and slowly into ashes.

From time to time he would wake up in tears as he was searching for something he couldn't attain in his dreams.

Where are you? Why are you not by my side? Later reached a point where he was ready to give up.

Yet fate liked playing tricks on people especially those that are desperate. This was proven on one fateful day where he burned the past of the woman he thought he loved only to meet the prince close to 12 o'clock.

The fog within his eyes cleared and the chase started again. The person in his dreams was still foggy yet the smile was sure to belong to this person. The more he thought about it, the louder his heart pounded, the hotter his body burned with desire to cage him within his arms.

Like a man dying of thirst who succumbed under terrible heat, he found an oasis.

When he finally found the courage to confess to him, Jang Xin told him that he was in love with someone else. Something tore inside him, it was so painful yet a part inside his head was telling him to listen and so he asked.

After that, a door inside his mind was forcefully opened and like a dam that broke it all flooded out.

-

"Guo Li Jun ..."

"Ming Yu ..."

Memories of the past that were sealed tyrannically filled his head.

"Ah Yu. . ." Tingxiao called lovingly reaching his other hand to cup his face.

Tingxiao was crying, a silent tear cascading his face.

"I promised. . . ill follow you." he added smiling at him.

 The ripping headache took a toll on him and reality took him away.

-

"GE! WAKE UP! GE!" When he saw the blinding flashes of red and heard his brother's groans of pain, he forced him out.

"Ah ... Yu ...Liangxi?" He was dizzy and confused. The ceiling light blinding him.

"F*ck! Why did you try fighting against the system?! Forcing your memories out, do you have a f*cking death wish?! Crazy! Crazy!" He reached out to pull the wires off when a hand stopped him.

"Liangxi ... I need to go back ...hurry..." The pain was too much to handle and he fainted which made the already panicking Shen Liangxi lose more of his sh*t.

Ming Yu was left alone, tormenting himself in worry. In the real world was his older brother who fainted yet unwilling to get treatment. If he were to go against either one, both were bound to get the short end of the stick. The mental strain could similarly risk Ming Yu's well being, maybe worse than his brother.

"Ah! Whatever!Brother you better be okay or i'll kill myself!" Shen Liangxi hurriedly attached his brother back in. It was unknown when he'll regain his consciousness back so he could only pray that nothing would go wrong. He didn't dare seal his brother's memories again so this time, the real Shen Xihan was about to face Ming Yu.

Fate was really a damn trickster. ( ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ) (<--Fate)

Shen Xihan who was scared to reveal his real self to Ming Yu, was forced to come out front.

-

Tingxiao held Jang Xin's left hand and put both smaller rings into his ring finger starting with his own ring. Jang Xin did it in the same fashion and afterwards, they held both hands, ring fingers beside each other. Both stared at it for a while with a blissful smile in their faces.

"Ting. . ."

"What is it?"

". . . you really aren't bothered?. . . my legs." he asked rubbing their fingers together. Tingxiao's hold became tighter and stared at Jang Xin's pretty eyes.

"If it was me who was on that wheelchair unable to hold you properly in my arms and take you with me, will you abandon me?" 

Shen Xihan who in reality had the same condition, asked this.

"No. Ill hold the sky for you and carry you in bed. . . if you lost an arm, blind or couldn't hear i will love you all the same." 

Ming Yu's answer was filled with deep love which moved his heart engraving each word in it.

"Same for me." Nothing mattered. During this moment, nothing mattered at all.

Jang Xin opened his eyes and saw the doting expression on Tingxiao's face. He slowly caught the busy hand in his and entwined them, staring at the set of rings encircling their ring fingers.

Jang Xin smiled foolishly, listening to the sound it made whenever they brushed against each other.

Tingxiao was taken away by the happiness reflected in that smile, mesmerized with tears quietly trailing his eyes.

"Im blessed to have found you. . ." He wasn't a person who was easily moved to tears but in this moment, he won't be considered a man if he didn't.

This was his treasure.

Right by his side.

Jang Xin reached to wipe off the falling tear. His back was aching badly and could only pull Tingxiao closer and kiss his lips thankful to have fallen in love with this earnest man.

"Im happy I fell in love you."  (a/n: excerpt from chapter 2.END)

It was a beautiful memory.

-

[Reality. End of Story 2]

Shen Xihan was on his wheelchair, gazing at the still sleeping Ming Yu inside the medical bed. His little brother was beside him, waiting for him to confirm his decision.

"Ge! Who the hell is Feng Zhenhao?!" He pouted as he thought about the virtual little brother that happily spent it's time together with his brother.

Me and my brother is still walking on an unsteady bridge and that damn Feng Zhenhao easily got close to him like gum stuck on his brother's shoe!

Ge, when will you mend the bromance between us? (QAQ)

"When's the next check up?" He smoothly changed topic.

"Tomorrow. Like last time, doctors will be giving Ming Yu a full check up after every transfer  to ensure that he's good to continue with the tests."

"Can this be opened now?"

"Ah, there's no problem." Shen Liangxi busied himself with the technical inputs and the medical bed opened. His brother slowly reached out to grasps Ming Yu's hand and gently played with his fingers. He carefully raised it to reach his lips, eyes heavy with love and adoration.

Ah ... his brother was totally smitten now. („• ֊ •„) Shen Liangxi thought.

"Ge~ I never knew you were such a romantic~" Shen Liangxi started teasing him.

"No i'm not ..." He couldn't smile at this since his intentions weren't pure. ""I intentionally spoiled him... for the fear of if i didn't do so, he wont love me the same as he did before."

"..." His brother totally killed it. The mood! This thing called mood! ( ̄ω ̄;)

"If ... I were to stay in the other room. Would that trouble you?"

"You want to stay here?! But what about the company?!" Shen Liangxi hadn't thought that his brother would go this far.

Shen Xihan picked up his phone for a call. His little brother froze when they heard the deep shouting that surely belonged to their hot tempered father.

"Father?"

"Y-You unfilial son!!! Where are you?! What have you've been doing! Did you think I wouldn't know if you've been working or not?!" His Father constantly nagged but the nervousness that he hid in his heart weirdly gave him a calming effect.

"I have a favor to ask. Can you please go back to the company?"

"You're asking my old bones to go back and work?!" Father Shen couldn't believe his ears.

"Mmn. For a year or two."

"TWO YEARS?!!" ARE YOU F*CKING INSANE?!!" If it was a day or a week he could consider it but two years?

DID HIS SON ATE SOMETHING FUNNY?! WHO WANTS TO WORK? HE LOVES HIS SENIOR LIFE DAMN IT! (╬'益')

"Son what's going on?" Mother Shen who heard everything couldn't believe her ears either.

"Mother."

"Is everything alright?! Why do you want your father to go back?! Are you okay? Are you ill? We'll take the fastest plane today and come home!"

"Mother. Do not worry. I'm healthy. I just have something important to do."

"Can you tell your mother? You can't just disappear for two years!"

"I won't disappear. I'll just be helping Liangxi with his project. I'll be in the lab. About the reason why, that I can't tell you right now"

"You cant tell us and u ask me to go back and work?!" His son has the guts to ask them for a favor without telling them the reason?! Beat him up. He was sure to beat him up if he sees him!

"Dear could you please shut up?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me!!!" It was chaos on the other side of the phone.

"Mother."

"Yes Xiaohan?" Mother Shen listened well, afraid to miss something out.

"I'm sorry ... for worrying you a lot."

"W-what are you saying? Mom is fine! What's wrong? are you really doing fine? what brought this up?"

"Mother. I've never felt happier than right now." He could only hope that saying this was enough to reassure her.

"... I-I see. So you are leaving somewhere to do something good?" Mom was about to cry. His eldest never said such words to her before, how could this not make her happy?

"Mmn."

"Okay then Dad can take care of the company while you're away"

"Does my opinion NOT matter?!" This woman is acting biased again!!! (╬'益')

"You old geezer! You're son finally relied on us and you act like this?! Son. Whatever makes you happy, go for it okay?"

"Thank you. Mom." And then the call ended.

Shen Xihan lovingly looked at Ming Yu who was in deep slumber.

"Call on your team leader. Tell him that i'll actively participate in this project." He knew that this man was the one who was arguing with his wife earlier outside their door. Shen Liangxi who was called out and dragged into it sighed. He really didn't want to be part of a useless couple argument again.

"Also. Let's change this place for a bit."

"ah?" This little brother didn't understand what he meant by change.

A few days later, he couldn't recognize Ming Yu's lab room anymore.

Everything was left untouched yet due to the new additions on the room, this fact would barely be recognizable. There was now a small sofa corner, a bedside desk and shelves to keep everything away. When Shen Liangxi looked at the floor, it was sparkly clean.

Inside the room, Shen Xihan squeezed  a tiny bit out of the moisturizer bottle and gently patted it on the sleeping Ming Yu's face.

Him who was tenderly taking care of his beloved while on a wheelchair was admirable. Although it wasn't needed as the medical bed would keep the body healthy and hydrated, this didn't stop his older brother from giving Ming Yu extra care. 

"You done? We're good to go."

"Mmn." He moved to the other room and approached his own bed. Under protocol, Shen Liangxi explained what needed to be said before letting him back in.

Shen Xihan was coming close to a decision of a lifetime.

40