13: The Shocking “Mistress”
1.9k 47 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok, ok, let me think for just a sec.”, Gab said to herself, as the “incoming call” notification screen flashed before her eyes.

 

“Alright, on one hand, I can just simply refuse the call and return to the normal flow of time…along with potentially heavy penalties, curtesy of a pissed-off “higher being.”, she said whilst noting the warning the system gave her.

 

Plus, even she did do just that, it’s apparent “the call knew where she lived”, so she had a feeling that this matter wouldn’t end anytime soon even after incurring said potential penalties.

 

“Or, I can just…accept the call, and see where it goes from here on out.”, Gab sighed, knowing that this was most certainly her best option.

 

“Plus, I don’t think that this “higher being has any intention of hurting me. Otherwise, they would have done so already.”, she mused.

 

After all, if this “higher being” was able to target her with a high-level Time Spell whilst she was still within the confines of a Pocket Village, what would have stopped them from using more offensive magic of a similar level?

 

If this really was a “higher being”, one that could potentially think of Players such as her as mere ants or lower, then a “small” thing like “large scale collateral damage” wouldn’t be even worth a nanosecond of thought.

 

And yet…they didn’t.

 

Instead, what they’ve done was exempt her from normal space-time IG to contact her!

 

And why couldn’t they have just simply called her without resorting to using a stupidly powerful Spell? Gab could only think of one answer to this conundrum:

 

Privacy.

 

More specifically, Gab’s privacy!

 

Someone wants to talk to Gab, whilst taking into account that she was currently hiding her identity as Wanderer.

 

As she thought of this possibility, Gab’s eyes started to violently twitch.

 

“If I take this call, those that mean I’ll create yet another announcement?!”, Gab growled, feeling like she was going stir-crazy!

 

If that were the case, it made the necessity of the Time Spell more apparent. If she was seen by the other Players making a call before an announcement sounded out before she got a chance to find a more concrete means of hiding her identity, for the time being, she had no doubt that she would be mobbed by a vast majority of them demanding answers. Or worse, PK’d by the more bloodthirsty ones as soon as they get the chance to do so!

 

And, call her old-fashioned, but she’d rather not have to deal with that shit on her first night in the game.

 

“Haaaaaaah”, Gab gave a long groan before extending an index finger towards the screen, “I’ve been practically given a massive excavator. May as well see how much bigger I can make the hole I’ve dug for myself.”, she told herself, before finally pressing <Y>.

 

“Besides, it’s not like I don’t have an idea as to who the caller is…”.

 

<Acknowledged>

 

<Patching through call from “????” to Player “Wanderer”>

 

<Notice: The call will be telepathically transmitted directly to your mind, nullifying the need for you to use your vocal cords. Thus, all that is required of you is to think sentences that are intended for the recipient>

 

<Be advised: choose your words carefully when communicating with the caller>

 

<…>

 

<…although, in regards to the caller in question, you have more leeway with them than most beings of their realm of power, so don’t stress out…>

 

 

…did the same system that warned her against choosing her words carelessly just diss the “higher being that was calling her?!

 

<Call Connected>

 

“…didn’t you know that it’s considered rude to leave a lady waiting?”, said a newly familiar voice, which rung sonorously through Gab’s head in a way that caused the Freestyler to shiver with simultaneous discomfort and desire.

 

Seriously, did the developers of this game collect voice samples from the sexiest sounding phone sex workers to develop a voice that would make said workers consider voice box surgery?

 

“I’m flattered by such an unusual yet charming compliment, but you still haven’t answered my question.”, the voice smirked, causing Gab to freeze.

 

…didn’t the system just tell her that the caller would only be able to hear thoughts directed towards the person on the other end of the line?! And why, oh why, did she have to pick up on that thought?!!

 

“Hahaha,”, the voice laughed mirthfully, indicating she picked up on that errant thought as well, “whilst it’s true that calls made on the device I’m using could only technically pick up on directed thoughts from a receiver who doesn’t possess a similar device, I may have used a Skill that would allow me to pick up on all your thoughts.”, she finished her explanation, shocking Gab before the voice started speaking again, “Now, I believe you’ve still yet to answer my earlier question…”.

 

 

Taking a deep breath (even though she technically didn’t need to use her mouth to talk to this mysterious caller), Gab spoke directly to the woman for the first time in this mental exchange.

 

…One: my system only referred to you as a “higher being”, so how could I have known you were a lady; Two: I was still shocked by that “time exemption” Spell you pulled just now; and Three: and this is related to Two, does the lady who pulled me from the normal flow of time have a right to say that I took too long to answer a bloody phone call?!!”, Gab thought in exasperation, which got a laugh out the caller that didn’t have even a hint of shame.

 

“Hahaha, fair enough I suppose.”, the caller conceded, before taking on a more serious tone, “Now, I’m guessing you already have a good idea as to who I am, or at least who I am known as to you at this point?”

 

“…you’re the one Aurula referred to as her “Mistress”, aren’t you?”, Gab answered with a question, wanting to be clear as to whom she is conversing with.

 

“Yes, you are correct in thinking that I’m little Auru’s superior in her role as one of the eight Facilitators.”, the Mistress confirmed, whilst Gab was amused by the pet name Aurula’s boss gave her, “, and I’m calling to give you the next steps in making your time in Arbitrium more memorable than you could’ve never have imagined!”.

 

Gab nodded, having already guessed that this was the reason why she was calling.

 

However, the time in which the Mistress cast that Time Spell and initiated communication was a little bit suspect…

 

“Soooo, I’m guessing that it’s not a coincidence that you chose to exempt from time itself right before I received my first Quests?”.

 

“Hahaha, indeed it’s not.”, the Mistress confirmed, “After all, the penultimate step I have for you is a Quest of my design, so you have to forgive me for not wanting someone like you to start your journey with such meagrely Quests.”.

 

“Oh,”, Gab said, feeling intrigued with where this was going, “and what sort of Quest do you have in mind?”.

 

“Well, to put it simply, it’s a test.”, the Mistress stated.

 

 Gab frowned, having a bad feeling about this.

 

“A test of…what, exactly?”, Gab asked slowly.

 

“Well, on the surface, it’s a test of your adaptability in combat, with you showing how you can get out of a tricky situation with the resources you have on hand.”.

 

“However, at its core, what this Quest is testing is your creativity. I want to see how you, as a Freestyler, will utilise the relative lack of restrictions that your Style possesses to come up with different ways of facing your opponents, each way markedly different from the last.”

 

“In short, this Quest will involve you going through a gamut of, what I believe you and a fair few other Players would call, “build runs”.”, the Mistress concluded, causing Gab to blink in surprise.

 

In a fair number of RPGs that gives great amounts of options for ones IG avatar, a “build run” typically refers to a game playthrough where a player would challenge themselves by limiting their character to a specific type of build, without utilising anything that doesn’t fit the parameters a player would set for themselves on that specific playthrough.

 

One example of this way of playing that was at the top of Gab’s head is a “Dark Souls” player doing whole playthroughs with either pure magic builds that use a specific type of magic (i.e. Pyromancy, Sorceries and Miracles) or pure physical builds, all the while displaying the same masochistic streaks that players of the franchise are known (and pitied) for.

 

“Ok, I’ll admit that I’m interested in a Quest like this,”, Gab said, feeling truly intrigued, “but at the same time; why this type of Quest in particular?”.

 

The Mistress was silent for a few moments as if gathering her thoughts, before answering.

 

“So that you can prove to me that you are what you told Aurula you are: someone who not only loves the concept of “Classes” but loves it enough to make your very own!”.

 

“So when you are planning the “builds” you are going to make in this Quest, I want you to treat it as if you are making a Class!”.

 

…!

 

Gab couldn’t help but blink furiously at that statement due to the shock.

 

This so-called Mistress, who has direct authority over the Facilitators and has shown a tremendous show of power just to have a conversation with her…wants to give her a Quest that is meant to show her commitment to creating homebrew Classes?!!

 

“Wait wait wait, hold the goddamn fucking phone!!!”, Gab shouted both mentally and orally, whilst waving her arms frantically, “If you wanted me to treat this Quest you’re going to give me like an exercise in Homebrew Class Crafting, then why the hell did you recommend that I become a Freestyler, for Christ’s sake?!!”.

 

The Mistress merely chuckled at Gab’s sudden outburst before answering.

 

“Because in order to make what I have in store for you work, you becoming a Freestyler was an imperative step.”.

 

“Imperative? Why…”.

 

“I’m sorry, but we need to speed this up.”, the Mistress interrupted, stopping Gab short, “Although I’ve exempted you from the flow of time, the Spell I used to do so requires a large amount of mana to maintain it, so I’ll answer any questions you have once I actually give you the Quest, which should be coming to you shortly.”.

 

As soon as she said that, a new series of notifications appeared before Gab’s eyes:

 

<Notice: The caller is transferring details in regards to a quest.>

 

<Details of the quest will be appear on your HUD in:>

 

<3>

 

<2>

 

<1>

 

<0!>

 

<You have been given a Quest! Details are as follows:>

 

<Quest Name: Desires of a Class-Obsessed Moron~

Quest Difficulty: Depends on the acceptor of this Quest

Quest Type(s): Extermination; Trial; Crafting 

Quest Details:

The “Mistress” of “Aurula: The Facilitator of Air”, has taken an interest in your disastrous (adorably silly) plight, and has decided to assist you in a way that will make your worries go away.

However, actions speak louder than words.

To prove to the “Mistress” that you are worthy of her time and effort, she wants you to show her a glimpse of the possibilities you can create with her “solution” for your problems whilst she’s in the final phases of finishing it.

Show her the depths of your creativity and the lengths in which you would go to get what you want, and she will give you rewards that you couldn’t possibly have fathomed!

Fail…well, let’s just say that your previous regrets will seem inconsequential in comparison to what will come if you do…

Quest Objective(s): 

-The Quest acceptor must fight in five different battles. There is no limit on the number of enemies you can defeat in each battle (Number of completed: 0/5)

-In each battle, you must have a completely different equipment load out. You cannot use any of the equipment you choose more than once.

-During each battle, you must display a willingness to use tactics that would be considered unconventional when taking your chosen equipment load out into account

Quest Failure Condition(s):

-Refusing this Quest 

-Disregarding the second Quest Objective 

-Dying

-Leaving the Pocket Village 

Time Limit: None, but it must be completed as quickly as possible

Quest Completion Reward(s):

-???

-Further rewards depends on the level of difficulty the Quest acceptor sets for themselves

Quest Failure Punishment(s):

-The Quest giver will be disappointed that the Quest acceptor failed to live up to their expectations, and will withdraw an future assistance for you

-“Aurula: The Facilitator of Air” will be saddened that you have failed to gain her Mistress’s favour, which will result in her making mistakes in regards to her role in facilitating  future Players advancement into Arbitrium’s Oceania Battle Zone.

…it needn’t be said that Players who suffer as a result of this in said Battle Zone will make it their life’s mission to make you suffer

Time Remaining: N/A>

 

<Would you like to accept this Quest?>

 

<Y/N>

 

 

…well, Gab DEFINITELY had a few things to say about this Quest and it’s contents!

 

“…ahem, ahem.”, Gab cleared her throat before saying her next choice words, which suddenly felt very tightly constricted, “um, Mistress of Aurula, I have a question for you?”.

 

At the other end of the line, the “Mistress” raised an eyebrow over the subtle shift in Gab’s tone.

 

“And what might that be?”.

 

“…are you TRYING to piss me the fuck off?!!”, Gab seethed.

 

“And why would you think that someone of my status would stoop so low as to tease a new arrival as you?”, the Mistress nonchalantly replied with an obvious hint of amusement.

 

“Why would I think that? Well, let me list off the reasons why I would think you’re doing just that, POINT by POINT:

 

  1. The name of this goddamn Quest! Who’re you calling a “Class-Obsessed Moron”?!

 

  1. You felt the need to add “(adorably silly)” in the Question Details…in BRACKETS!

 

  1. You made it so that I’m potentially damned if I accept this Quest, and DEFINITELY damned if I don’t!

 

  1. You added a LOT of nasty consequences for me should I fail, without showing ANY of the rewards should I succeed!

 

  1. And finally, you’re lying about there being “No Time Limit” to this Quest!!”.

 

“Hmm, those do seem like some hefty points,”, the Mistress mused, not sounding shaken at all, “so allow me to refute them, point by point, as you said:

 

  1. You literally are someone who can be considered a “Class-Obsessed Moron”. Did you conveniently forget that you almost died when faced with the possibility of sticking to only one Class?

 

  1. You were “(adorably silly)”, own it.

 

  1. Since this is a Quest that could potentially change the course of history in Arbitrium upon its successful completion, a similar set of consequences were required to balance it out.

 

  1. In regards to the rewards…well, let’s just say that you wouldn’t believe them if they were listed…”

 

“And finally,”, the Mistress continued, after giving those blunt counter arguments in a blasé way, “why exactly do you think I was lying about the lack of time limit?”

 

 After taking a calming breath, Gab answered:

 

“The final Quest Failure Condition. It doesn’t say “Leaving the Pocket Village to go to the main continent”, it just says “Leaving the Pocket Village”. As in, in general.”.

 

“…”.

 

“And I’m certain…that one of the things that would be constituted as such would be when I log off, which I am due to do so in six hours and twenty-four minutes!”.

 

“…sounds like that’s the time limit you set for yourself.”.

 

“Oi!”.

 

“Anyway, all that aside,”, the Mistress continued, acting oblivious to Gab’s protests, “do you accept my Quest, and all that may come of it?”.

 

 

Even though Gab was seemingly offered a choice, did she really have much of one?!

 

“…FINE, I’ll accept this Quest, Devil be damned!!”, Gab shouted in annoyance, as she fiercely jabbed on (Y).

 

<Acknowledged>

 

<Calculating response>

 

<…>

 

<You have accepted a Quest from a higher being>

 

<Congratulations! You have acquired the Title, [Acceptor of a Higher Calling]>

 

<The effect of the Title, [First Achiever], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free and Fixed Attributes>

 

Title: [Acceptor of a Higher Calling]

Acquisition Requirements:

-Accept a Quest from someone classified as a “higher being”.

Acquisition Rewards:

-+5 to your highest Free Attribute 

-Generation of the Commitment Fixed Attribute

Title Effects:

-When you are in the process of undergoing a Quest, the chances of gaining rare Item Drops from enemy monster and gathering higher quality materials increase by 5%

-When you complete a Quest that is either set at a Difficulty Rating greater than what a Player at your current Level can be expected to achieve or one given by a “higher being”, there is a slight increase in the chance of generating a corresponding Chain Quest.

 

*Fixed Attribute: Commitment 

Whilst Gravitas can only get you so far when talking to NPCs when your intention is to acquire a Quest, the Commitment Fixed Attribute will grant you more of an edge in that department.

Depending on how high the numeric value attached to this Fixed Attribute is, NPCs are far more likely to trust that you will be able to handle any Quest and other various tasks, and stay the course.

Attribute Increase Method(s):

-Completing a Quest given by a normal NPC will grant +1 to this Attribute

-Completing a Quest given by a NPC in a political position will grant +2 to this Attribute 

-Completing a Quest given by a hidden NPC will grant +4 to this Attribute

-Completing a Quest given by a “higher being” will grant +8 to this Attribute

-Completing a Quest given by a “anomalous being”will grant +16 to this Attribute

 

“See, you got a reward already!”, the Mistress laughed, causing Gab’s eye to twitch.

 

Although, she can’t deny that this is an interesting Title have when she goes on other Quests in the future. And the Level-worth of Attribute increases (including her very newly acquired one) certainly doesn’t hurt.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot!”, the Mistress started shocking Gab slightly.

 

“Wanderer, I need your permission to access your spiritual body to stop a certain… “reaction” from occurring that you yourself are unable to stop. Do I have it?”, she said, with a hint of urgency that Gab hadn’t heard before in her voice.

 

“Um, is stopping this so-called reaction going to bite me on the arse at a later date, Gab questioned feeling uncertain as to whether or not she should trust her avatar to the Mistress when she is withholding what exact “reaction” she wants to stop her avatar from having.

 

“No, it won’t.”, the Mistress assured her, “As a matter of fact, it’s to stop other Players from biting more than just your nice, tight arse. And believe me, once I stop the Spell and you return to Time, I’m absolutely certain that you’ll regret that you haven’t let me do what I needed to do!”

 

As she was trying to absorb the various things the Mistress just said and implied (including the fact that she offhandedly admitted to perving on Gab), yet another notification popped up:

 

<A “higher being” wishes to execute a change in your IG avatar with the intent to make your travels easier.>

 

<To appease your potential fears, the “higher being” did not send this request with the intention of impeding your future progress.>

 

<Do you accept this request?>

 

<Y/N>

 

“…you know what, fuck it. Do your best, “Mistress”.”, Gab groaned whilst pressing on <Y>, feeling too utterly done with this shit to care anymore.

 

“Hahaha, now you have me thinking of other…special occasions where you refer to me by that title!”, the Mistress said cheekily, causing Gab’s cheeks to burn.

 

“Annnddd…all done! Now you spiritual body won’t undergo this particular “reaction” for the time being, although you can ask me to turn back on once you leave the Pocket Village…for the main continent, of course.”, the Mistress stated happily, whilst Gab couldn’t help but notice that she amended that last statement at the end.

 

“…please, please, PLEASE don’t tell that you forgot to add that last specification to that particular Quest Failure Condition!”, Gab growled, to which the Mistress only responded to with an off-key whistle, confirming her suspicions!

 

“Annyywaayys…I believe it’s now time for me to…”.

 

“Wait,”, Gab interrupted, “before you return me to normal time, I need to know one thing.”.

 

“Oh, and what might that be?”, the Mistress asked, although she had a pretty good idea as to what the Freestyler wished to inquire about.

 

“…who are you, really?”, Gab asked, before unconsciously holding her breath, knowing that whatever the identity of this “Mistress” is, it can’t be small considering what little, but important, things she knows about this enigmatic woman.

 

“…”.

 

Although she hasn’t answered yet, Gab could swear that she could practically hear the massive grin on the Mistress’s face.

 

“…my name, and Title, is Douaxí: The Goddess of Classes.”

 

 

…wait, the Goddess of WHAT?!!!

 

“But,” the Mistress, no, Douaxí, continued, “you, and only you, can call me Axí.”.

 

“W-w-wait wait WAIT…!!!”.

 

“Time’s back. Good luck, Wanderer…or should I say “Gab””.

 

Rumble!

 

And on that bombshell and subsequent, ominous goodbye, Douaxí cut both the call and the mana she was supplying to main her Spell.

 

This is turn resulted in the sequence of events that occurred when Douaxí was casting her Spell to happen in reverse, as Gab was treated to a front-row experience of watching reality reconstituting itself before her very eyes.

 

As the visages of the other Players started to reappear before her, who were still stuck in the same place and facial expressions as before, Gab felt an uncomfortable sensation as her body and facial muscles moving against her will!

 

“Oh yeah, the notification did say that this would happen,” Gab thought, as even her line of sight was being realigned to were it was focused on before, “most likely to make it look like nothing happened during the “time” I was talking with…”Her”.”

 

In the moment where Gab was still grappling with the knowledge that she was getting some sort of assistance from an IG GODDESS of all beings, time resumed for everyone else…

 

“…rted!”, Zalo finally finished shouting, about to hand over the starter Quests.

 

…as well their collective disbelief and dismay towards a “certain Freestyler”, as a series of Player announcements started sounding off before Zalo could actually get them started like she said she would!!

 

<Australia-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a Quest a higher from a higher being in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-One random Lifestyle Recipe

-300 Gold

-1+ to all Free Attributes 

-6 AP

-100 Acclaim>

 

<All three effects of the Title, [World Shaker from the In-Between], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free Attributes, +1 to all Fixed Attributes and +10 to all Stats>

 

<Oceania-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a Quest a higher from a higher being in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-Two random Lifestyle Recipes

-600 Gold

-2+ to all Free Attributes 

-12 AP

-200 Acclaim>

 

<International-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a Quest a higher from a higher being in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-One random Advanced Lifestyle Recipe 

-900 Gold

-3+ to all Free Attributes 

-18 AP

-400 Acclaim>

 

<All three effects of the Title, [World Shaker from the In-Between], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free Attributes, +1 to all Fixed Attributes and +10 to all Stats>

 

<Congratulations! You have acquired the Title, [Achiever in the Peripheral (Freestyler)]>

 

<The effect of the Title, [First Achiever], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free and Fixed Attributes>

 

 

<Australia-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first [Freestyler] to acquire a Title in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-+1 to “Wanderer”’s lowest Free Attribute (If “Wanderer” has two or more Free Attributes that are both lower than the others and are equal in numeric value, this reward will apply to them simultaneously)

-50 Gold 

-+5% in a random Resistance 

-6 AP

-50 Acclaim>

 

<Oceania-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first first [Freestyler] to acquire a Title in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-+2 to “Wanderer”’s lowest Free Attribute (If “Wanderer” has two or more Free Attributes that are both lower than the others and are equal in numeric value, this reward will apply to them simultaneously)

-100 Gold 

-+10% in a random Resistance 

-12 AP

-100 Acclaim>

 

<International-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first [Freestyler] to acquire a Title in a Pocket Village. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-+3 to “Wanderer”’s lowest Free Attribute (If “Wanderer” has two or more Free Attributes that are both lower than the others and are equal in numeric value, this reward will apply to them simultaneously)

-150 Gold 

-+15% in a random Resistance 

-18 AP

-150 Acclaim>

 

<All three effects of the Title, [World Shaker from the In-Between], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free Attributes, +1 to all Fixed Attributes and +10 to all Stats>

 

“STOP! Please, just. FUCKING. STOP!! You’re going to get me KILLED!”, Gab screamed in her mind.

 

But alas, it was to no avail, as the biggest announcement was yet to come:

 

<Congratulations! You have acquired the Title, [Deity Caller]>

 

<The effect of the Title, [First Achiever], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free and Fixed Attributes>

 

<Australia-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a direct communique from a “Deity”. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-One random Combat Guide

-600 Gold 

-1 Level

-12 AP

-600 Acclaim>

 

 

<Oceania-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a direct communique from a “Deity”. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-Two random Combat Guides

-900 Gold

-2 Levels

-18 AP

-900 Acclaim>

 

<International-wide Announcement: At 00:36am AEDT, Player “Wanderer” has become the first Player to receive a direct communique from a “Deity”. For this achievement that has never been done, nor can ever be done again, Player “Wanderer” will be awarded as follows:

-One random Advanced Combat Guide

-1200 Gold

-3 Levels

-24 AP

-1200 Acclaim>

 

<All three effects of the Title, [World Shaker from the In-Between], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free Attributes, +1 to all Fixed Attributes and +10 to all Stats>

 

<You have Levelled Up x 6>

 

<Reward Acquired: 48 AP>

 

<Progress to next Level: 50%>

 

““…””

 

“C-C-Cái đéo gì…?!”, Đất Vàng stammered in disbelief as she looked at Gab in shock, as if looking for confirmation that she really did just hear that.

 

Whilst Gab isn’t fluent in Vietnamese, she was unintentionally given a word-for-word translation by the other Players in the area, as they finally came out of their stupor.

 

““W-W-WHAT THE FUCK?!!!””, all the Players roared, unable to figure how the Player they only know as “Wanderer” was able to pull yet another set of Player announcements out of their arse, especially that last one!

 

However, little did any of the other Players know, system notifications were still popping up on her HUD. 

 

Only, different to the last ones, these ones are more directly related to her chosen Style.

 

Or, more specifically, her first milestone as a Freestyler:

 

<You have reached Level 5>

 

<As a [Freestyler], you gain a new [Freestyler] Skill based on your experiences before reaching the aforementioned Level>

 

<Analysing…>

 

<Awaiting Response>

 

<…>

 

<Analysis: You are the first [Freestyler] Player to reach Level 5, thus the power that can be displayed by the acquired Skill will be greater than those attained by other similar Players who have reached the same milestone>

 

<Cont: You have gained increases to all of your Attributes, as well as AP that has yet to be distributed, that are far greater than what your Level implies without participating in combat, thus are unable to have a baseline to draw from>

 

<Cont: You have accepted a Quest that has exponentially greater potential gains if you triumph in particularly difficult battles, thus necessitating a need to gain a more proactive use for your gifted Attributes>

 

<Analysis Complete!>

 

<Due to the findings recorded in the analysis, the Active [Freestyler] Skill, [Attrigiser], has been deemed a suitable Skill to grant you based on your experience thus far>

 

<You have acquired the Skill, [Attrigiser]!>

 

Further stunned by the fact that she has already acquired her first Style Perk Skill, Gab was about to subtly check what this strangely named Skill entailed…when yet another system notification came up, one that almost made Gab spit up blood:

 

<Congratulations! You have acquired the Title: [Douáxi’s Little Pet Project]>

 

<The effect of the Title, [First Achiever], has been activated>

 

<+1 to all Free and Fixed Attributes>

 

“…well,” Gab blankly thought, as pandemonium rage across, not only her Pocket Village, but every other one in Arbitrium. As well as the news networks IRL, “this is going to be an interesting six hours and twenty-four minutes…”.

48