Chapter 0 – Prologue
107 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the face of death, how many can say that they will stare him right in the eye and be okay?

Set stared at the glowing stone heading straight towards him. It wasn’t that big, around the size of a child’s fist. There was no time to dodge, it would pierce his heart in an instant and he would die. 

Perhaps this was fated to happen, just this past month, it seemed as if the entire universe was out to get him. Fired from his job, disowned by his parents, forced to live in some dingy apartment that had seen better days, this was the life that he was thrust into.

Of course, it’s not like Set was a bad person, he helped people whenever he could, volunteering at the local homeless shelter, donating to charity, just whatever he could to help make someone’s day a little bit brighter. This would cause him to stick his nose into things that would ruin his life. 

Framed for the sexual assault of a female co-worker, his life went from the top of the world to the bottom of the pit. How could anyone be fine with this outcome? Pure rage filled him to the very core. Yet, he felt powerless at the same time. Just what could he do? What did he even want? Unfortunately, there was no time for an answer.

The glowing stone pierced his chest right into his heart. Blood spurted out of Set’s mouth. As he fell to the floor, his consciousness began to fade but he could almost make out a voice.

“God damnit! I swear to the heavens that I will get you what you deserve!” A voice was coming from the stone. 

There isn’t enough mana here to make another jump, I’ll have to take this kid with me. 

Don’t let me down you damn kid, I’m saving your life here” The stone casted a spell that enwrapped Set’s body and slowly began to fade away.

Hmm? Why is there resistance? The stone casted an observation spell over the body. As if taking in all of Set’s emotions, it almost looked like the stone was smiling. “Don’t worry kid, this planet will be destroyed in a short while.”

After hearing that, Set’s consciousness faded completely, his face looked the most peaceful it had been in a very long time. The stone continued to cast the teleportation spell, having met no resistance this time. The black aura had wrapped around Set’s body and disappeared from this world completely.

Set and the stone flew through a wormhole at immeasurable speeds, with the stone looking for a suitable landing spot. 

“FUCK!” The stone cursed. “He can’t bear to travel so far, his body is breaking down!”

“I didn’t want to do this, but there’s no other choice.”

[Force assimilating into host’s body]

[Warning! Host body has suffered lethal damage]

[Remaining mana will be sacrificed to rebuild host body]

[Warning! Insufficient mana to maintain state. Reverting back to base form]

In a world millions of light years away, an object that looked like the size of a newborn baby cut through the air and crashed into a field.

1