Chapter 5. Lulu
381 9 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wait, she isn’t eating me? What’s going on? Wait, I know, the school has security cameras. This must be an elaborate ploy to lure me away to somewhere she can hunt me without worrying about the consequences. Dang it, Achira is freaking brilliant, I don’t stand a chance!

No, I’m not going to consider the idea that she may be genuine. I mean, look at her! Acting all shifty like, she can’t look me straight in the eye (thank goodness), but is still smiling that predatory smile she has every time she’s looking at me. Clearly there’s something she’s not saying, and I’m willing to bet it involves plans to gobble me up.

This does raise a problem however: saying no to her. I already agreed to meet out back, but I can’t allow her to always move me where she wants. I need to take a stand! Show her I won’t be eaten lying down! I gather my confidence, stare closer to her eyes than usual, take a deep breath and…

Oh god, she’s still smiling. “O-okay.” Um, that’s close enough, right? Right?

Based on the fact that her smile somehow got bigger, it probably wasn’t. Drats. I should work on this social anxiety, I bet it was through careful observation Achira learned my weakness so she could get me wherever she wanted. Okay, step one, talk to  someone about my problems. Step two, run away screaming at just the thought of that.

Hmm. Okay, things have gone the way Achira wanted so far, and I seem to be incapable of saying no to her.But, I was able to strategize where to meet her and follow through. Plus, if Achira is pretending to be friends to draw me out somewhere alone, then I can research the location and give myself a tactical advantage! This war is not lost yet Lulu. You can still survive!

I smile and begin to walk away, but not before noticing that her grin is even wider than before. Don’t think about that, I’m gonna need all my wits around me to survive this ordeal. First, though, let’s continue plan intimidate Achira! Time to put a spring in my step as I walk away. She’ll think that I must have outsmarted her when that cannot be further from the truth. But her panic will lead to cracks in her plan! And those cracks, they will be my opportunity to outwit the predator and get away. 

According to my textbooks, predators usually go for weak prey first, and admittedly I do appear that way. That is why I must do these mind games, make her believe the target is a hard catch, and though I do not envy this monster’s next target, at least I can take solace in one thing. They won’t be my friend. I love you, social anxiety.

Sorry this came out so late. I hit a major case of writer's block

11