CH 1: Awaken subject Xi
420 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Dr Jason ford]
{Location-Planet Dell-Project Maser laboratory}

Planet Dell is one of the imperium's most profitable fringe world colonies. its moons and surrounding astral body's provide rich recourses from items such as Metals, Gases, Ice and water and more as such many research projects are started on Dell and its moons to attempt to make work on Dell and other fringe colonies easier and cheaper to max out the profits gained.

I am Co-director of Project Maser, while the expansion fleets where searching for suitable worlds to colonize a patrol ship had a sighting on a moon orbiting a gas giant, it was a structure made of out petrified flesh and research ships came and collected multiple samples from the site before a meteor came and struck the moon and destroyed the site after reports came that looked like a brain was being recovered but was lost in the incident.

As such i and my partner David are in charge of finding a way get information about this creature, we had done multiple types of DNA tests with samples from different alien life we had encountered before showed no matches with the discovered cadaver so we had to move to different forms of testing.

After a year and a half of testing and re-scouting founding site for answers we finally got our first success. it was a small meaty blob with legs about the size of a Rabbit, it was emitting some kind of signal like it was trying to find something as it had no eyes to see and no mount to speak but still made a 'Drrr' sound when examined and after several minutes into the test we put a signal jammer into the testing field and the creature went into a state of extreme rage before exploding.

The incubated creature was examined after its death where we found all of the basic organs for a organic, during the autopsy we discovered that around where the face would be  there was a small series of sensors which should serve as eyes and inside the soft skull were teeth but no jaw which implies either a failure on our part in the incubation or the creature does not need it the only other noteworthy discovery is that it has no rectum.

Besides a fresher sample to test with nothing else of note from this test we did multiple repeats of it with other methods of incubation and longer periods but even without using the signal jammer like in the first test after some time they enter a state of panic and then explode but after test 17 it was discovered that inside of the skull of all but subject 17 had no extremely small brains connected to what could only be call a organic signal antennae.

As such a repeat of test 17 was done with 3 instances of subject 1. when subject 17-2 had awoken with the copy subjects they had started their searching and as shown in a past test S1 copies band together when they notice each other but this time all subjects made their way to S17-2 and began conversing with each-other but after some time subject 17-2 started to panic and then got on the floor to lay down.

While laying down the other subjects attacked S17-2 violently but it did nothing to resist, after S17-2 was killed by the other subjects one of the smaller test subjects went and got on the ground and was mauled by the other two then the second to last did the same and was killed by the last version of S1, but then the survivor began consuming the dead and growing in size while doing so.

After it had finished eating the S1's it ate subject 17-2 and grew about the size of a Labrador even though the total mass from eaten subjects did not match it was not the problem, Subject name has been changed to S18, S18 after finishing its consumption went to the center of the room and started to dissolve its body into a bloody red mess but its end result was what looked to be a small tree with segmented scaled fruit.

_____________

The 'Tree' was recovered and stored in a new containment cell, the 'tree' is about half the size of your average male and as light as a child even when it was rooted into the steel plated floor, luckily the removable and replanting of the 'tree' had no complications, we have compiled our test notes after doing other forms of testing in similar manners and have devised that the creatures must be hive minded which means that they are missing a critical piece.

The request forum for human test subjects have been approved, we will be receiving death row inmates and other undesirables to be used in our testing, after taking one and examining it we believe the 'Fruit' that the plants grow will modify creatures that consume them to fit the status of Overmind, we hope that if we can successfully create a overmind with a human sentience we can use the creatures its influence would control to improve the lives of the people on the fringes but using them as labor for the more dangerous work and limit casualties of civilian and military populations.

_____________

First subjects came today 15

Subject 1 cannibal, it was believed by many that given the nature of the creatures that a cannibal would have the highest adaption rate to the process if transformation was the result of the fruit, the first few hours after consumption of the fruit where normal but a sudden shift was noticed when his skin began to boil away and he was immobilized, he suddenly started to gain in body mass after his skin was burned away.

His bodies height had increased by 5 feet and his limbs began to elongate as he grew claws on his feet and hands, his head started to cave inwards and deform visually and tendrils came from his back and chest  before it suddenly stopped and his face exploded outwards along with his chest expelling all of its contents.

This obviously resulted in death of subject and 6 other subjects of wholly different backgrounds showed similar transformations and painful deaths all other tests subjects bloated exploded and coated their entire room in gore but we know we are onto something and so testing continues.

______________

"Anything on the test subjects?"-Me
I placed my coffee on the table i had been pulling a all-nighters along with most of my staff to get some better results as even though we have been lessening the instant fatality's of subjects still have not got any to continue living more then two minutes after their transformation and it was stressing the lab out.
"Cameras 1-34 show nothing unusual, subject 4-12-14-24 have entered sustained incubation while subject 1 to 3, 13, 15 to 17 and 25 to 30 have died"-assistant 1
"The tests to see if multiple test subjects in the same room while undergoing transformation has also failed showing no meaningful results"-Assistant 2
"God damn it we are just wasting our time and money out her- Guys subject 24 has exited Sustained incubation early along with subject 4 guards are on route"-assistant 3

Alright good new awakenings are progress and chances to test sustaining methods, i rush down to the containment zones to check the results while listening to the radio for updates only to find that 4 had died when attempting recovery so i continue to 24 who is a minute away.

When i enter the room i am surprised at what i see, when most of the subjects that enter sustained incubation exit they are normally extremely deformed such as being curled up with their limbs penetrating themselves or filled with holes in crushed torsos and heads and sometimes just red goo pours out from the chrysalis.

But that is not what is in front of me, what strands before me is a 10ft person a shade of crimson red outer layer with no mouth or nose, this person stands with their legs melded together all the way to where the crotch would be and their arms outstretched in a 'Y' figure and it as 4 almond shaped eyes where a normal persons eyes would lay, the eyes are next to each other they are a swirling green and brown with no iris.

It has 7 thick dark brown tendrils coming down from the back of its head and 8 of them on its back behind both shoulder blades but other the that there are no other distinctive features on it besides that lack of teeth everywhere the guards and gathered all of their tools for emergency stabilizing but it does not seem panicked at all instead just sitting there calmly breathing.

"What is its vitals what's going on?"-Me 
"Sir its brain activity is stable if not higher compared to other test subjects, both of its hearts seem to be steady and the other probes register no sudden cell failure as of yet."-Assistant 3

"How long as it been now since awakening?"-Me
"about 3 minutes and 33 seconds"-Guard 1
___________

That was what i had considered a success, after the jammers where set in and standby teams ready i clocked out for the night and little S24  was just fine when i came back.

This is going to be good.
(END!)

14