Ch 1 : Loka ya Aloka
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Our universe is an uncreated entity that has existed since infinity with neither any beginning nor the end. And yet there is a space within our universe outside of which we have not been able to identify any life. This space in which life can flourish is known as [Loka-Akasa]. While the unknown vast space where we haven't found any signs of life is [Aloka-Akasa]. For simplicity, we just call these Loka and Aloka.

The [Loka] has about 700 galaxies. 7 beings are in control of these galaxies. We call them the [super-devas]. Each super-deva has control of roughly 100 galaxies each. This cluster of 100 galaxies is known as [Shetra]. Each super-deva controls roughly 200-300 devas. 10-20 of them serve the super-deva directly, while 100 of them are assigned to rule over a galaxy each. The rest of the devas keep training tirelessly for a chance to replace a deva who loses the grace of [super-deva].

But in spite of the fact that we have such a large universe to live in, or rather that the [Super-devas] have such a large number of galaxies to rule on, it seems like some of the [Super-devas] weren't content with the 100 galaxies that they rule on. Thus, in an attempt to expand their domain, 1 super-deva, the one who ruled on our [Shetra] decided its time to expand the domain. We now call him the [Superdeva of Greed and Wrath].

And thus, the Super-Deva of Greed and Wrath recklessly decided to send 100s of living beings from one of the planets in one of the universe to the Aloka. All the 17 devas who were working under him were escalated on this development... except one. Even the deva who ruled on the universe which was part of this experiment was happy. Apparently, no species residing on this planet were considered intelligent species, so no one had any issues regarding this development. But, this experiment ended horribly, and all of the living beings ended up disintegrating into nothingness upon entering the [Aloka].

Logically, this should have been the end of this horrible experiment, but this didn't deter the Super-Deva though, the super deva decided that all the universes have different living conditions, so at least one of them will have a habitat compatible with the [Aloka] and thus he decided to send one living being from each species from each universe into the [Aloka]. There was opposition to this move though if this move was taken like this, it would cause a lot of chaos and hence it was decided that 4 species would not take part in this experiment. The only living beings which were exempted were humans, dwarves, giants, and magicians, the ones considered as intelligent species.

All the devas were happy with these conditions except one Deva. The Deva vehemently opposed doing this cruel experiment, but the Superdeva of Greed and Wrath considered this as a dissent, the deva was exiled into the [Galaxy of Nothingness]. It is considered taboo to kill/torture a deva, so being exiled to [Galaxy of Nothingness] is one of the harshest punishment for them, only when the Super-Deva's anger has subsided and he thinks that the deva has got enough punishment that the deva gets a chance to come back from exile. This Deva whom we now know as Super-Deva of [Ahimsa] was subjected to 10 years of confinement in this [Galaxy of Nothingness].
[Ahimsa (also spelled Ahinsa) (Sanskrit: अहिंसा IAST: ahiṃsā, Pāli: avihiṃsā) ("nonviolence") is an ancient Indian principle of nonviolence which applies to all living beings]

While the Deva of Non-Violence was exiled the experiments of [Super-Deva of Greed and Wrath] started becoming more and more violent. If the loss of the hundreds of thousands of living beings was not enough, the super-deva started including the 4 species which were exempted from the experiments. Then, the super-deva announced a plan to experiment across species creating hybrids.

All 4 intelligent species were roped in as a part of this experiment. The infrastructure was this cruel experiment was set up by the 4 species themselves. What they were promised was the safety of their own family and recognition. The plan was to get 10k best living beings from each species. We humans who are considered the most intelligent species and the dwarves who are the best with construction particularly minor details were the first to agree, within a day there were 1 million successful applications from both species even though the conditions were extremely tough. Meanwhile, the magicians who are really different from any other species, after all, they can feel, see and control particles no other ordinary species can feel, applied in much fewer numbers, there were only 50k successful applications. As for the giants, known for their strength, it was surprising to see only 5k successful applications. Reflecting on this, it seems that they were the kindest species and I feel sad that I judged them on their looks. It seems I have gone off the track here though.

Coming back to the experiment, it is expected that roughly 100 million living beings died in this experiment and only when the Super-deva decided it was time to send some Devas into Aloka, did this experiment end. There was already a growing dissent among the Devas and this particular decision became the last straw. The devas grouped up and [The Super-Deva of Greeed and Wrath]was exiled to the [Galaxy of Nothingness]. There was a long struggle to choose the successor of Super-Deva, but at last, it was decided to crown the first dissenter as Super-Deva. Thus, [the Super-Deva of Ahimsa] became the ruler of our Shetra and we entered an era of peace which lasted roughly 490 years but got shattered last month when [the Super-Deva of Ahimsa] was exiled again. In an attempt to prevent history from repeating, we need to stand up against this even with our lives on the line.

-- from the Book [The Era Of Ahimsa] written by Ramesh A.

I close the book, stand up slowly, go to the right corner of the room. There is a shelf on the wall. I slide the shelf 5 inches to the right slowly (-----) then 10 inches down (||||...) and then 5 inches to the left. Then I go to the left corner of the room and push the handle to hang clothes upwards and a secret closet open. I keep the book in it, change the position of the shelf back and come back to my little sister sleeping on the floor.

I bow down to lift her up from the floor onto her bed.

"Woohhh...", and I fall on the ground. Apparently, she was just pretending to sleep to surprise me. She was smiling teasingly, wow.. she is so cute. I decided it was my time to prank her. And so I decided to fake an injury.

"Aah" I tried getting up and fell down, I repeated this 2-3 times, the sweet smile on my cute sister's face turned into worry and she started crying.

"Sorry... Sorry, Brother... Mom, brother is hurt... I am sorry."

Oops... I think I overdid it. I tried to calm my sister, but she was still crying. I thought it would be a bad idea to let her know that it was just a prank... so I tried getting up slowly and said... "See, I am all better. Don't worry, okay?"

She stopped crying but her eyes and nose were still watery. I hugged her.

"Don't Worry, okay. I am completely fine. It's time to sleep now. You remember our secret chant now? Can you say it today? '"

She looked me in the eyes and nodded her head and chanted

"I ask pardon of all creatures, may all creatures pardon me.

May I have friendship with all beings and enmity with none."

"You understand it's meaning, right?"

She nodded her head again.

"Good!! You are only 9 and already so good, I was 11 when I first read it!! But don't tell about this to anyone though. You know that Mom and Dad get angry upon hearing about Grandpa's book, right? You can't tell about it to your friends or teacher either. Okay?"

She nods her head again.

"Good! sweet dreams, cutie pie."

I go back to my bed to sleep but I just can't sleep. I get the book from the secret place, take a candle, and go outside on the veranda and read the book again... for like 100th time.

2