Prologue 2
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stood there outside his tent marveling at the sight of these towering walls and the gargantuan gate. 

"Splendid." He muttered to himself mouth still agape. 

No matter how many times he looked at this wonder, his eyes never grew tired of it. Until now he can't still find the right words to describe this magnificence. He could even picture the faces of the men before him, who just like him, once stood to where he stand now. 

Then he shifted his view towards his army infront. Loud booming sounds could be heard everywhere along with shouts and clanking of metal boots. Men could be seen running about carrying with them the pletoras of batteries to be used by their siege engines. Bulky beasts with two horns pulling their machines replacing the ones worned down by the continues firing. The sight has became the norm for everyone whose efforts to bring down the walls but still yet to produce any result.

"Your Majesty, it has been a month since we started the bombardment and as how we see it, it's failing. Our cannons and ballistas cannot surpass the walls height safely exploding or bouncing halfway. Our munitions is about to be spent but let alone a dent, there was even no scratch! The nobles are getting impatient my emperor." cried by an aide while kneeling. 

"Also our logistics estimates of another month of sustenance. This also included the solicited supplies from nearby territories. Sustaining this large army..." another aide interjected but was cutoff by Raul's laugh.

"Kuhahaha! The squirts are very eager aren't they! Extending their impatience to me! That's good!" he said this along with his loud laugh. Then he sent the aides away.

Raul looked at the man in his right and asked, "What do you think Sigurd? Didn't you say these machines are the culmination of entire Lorencia's mind?" and still stiffling a snicker as if he had been expecting this.

"I am ashamed your Majesty, but it is. And as we can clearly see now, it is apparently still lacking." Sigurd answered in dissappointment. "But his Majesty doesn't seem to be frustrated about it? May I inquire why?"

"There is no point frustrating myself over this. And, aren't we expecting this? Besides we have a way to pass through the walls." came the reply of Raul pointing at tip of the golden walls. 

" Well I had hoped that we could pry their gates open without resorting to scaling the walls but to think that an entire month of bombarding didn't even faze it. Normally, this kind of barrage could level an entire city or two. And also, the infamous silver knights won't really come out huh? It would be great if we bring the battle to our advantage." 

"The records said, no matter what you do before their gates, the silver legion won't come to you. They must be confident in the durability of their walls. Clearly, they knew these walls very well. They say you can only meet them on top of the walls." Sigurd said and added with a knowing insidious smile, "Your Majesty, it is a shame that they won't come out to greet their new lord but what do you think giving them the honor of greeting them first?" 

Raul flashed a malicious smile, madness stirs in his eyes and replied. " It can't be helped isn't it? The ladies were too shy. Hahaha! Very well then, first thing in the morning, we proceed as planned."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numerous huge balls floats high above the sky and is slowly approaching the walls. Tied on the balls bottom were huge wooden baskets carrying a dozen soldiers or so. They call this the flying carriage, invented by the gnomes of the now subjugated Moiharra and now employed by Sabrissia. "The pipsqueaks dreamt of flying huh hahaha!" Argas, the commander of Sabrissia's airborne corps, laughed at his own joke. This Floating Carriage floats high, higher than the wall but moves slowly and is very reliant on wind currents. That is why, for every carriage, a coachman steers it using a short burst of compressed air. But today is a lucky day, he tought himself. The winds is on their favor. With this, his mission is a breeze. He said to himself eliciting his own chuckles. The man is too used to amuse himself.

His mission goes this way. First, he will send a fleet of floating carriages and drop bombs atop the walls. The resulting smoke shall obscure the visions of the guards stationed there. Now if the bombing results to enemy casualties as well, the better. Then came the next part. The following floating carriages will land and disembarks the knights. Then the first batch of knights will charge through attacking the silver guards keeping them occupied enough for the second, third and fourth wave to land. The final wave includes the emperor himself.

"Commander! We are nearing the walls and we have now sightings of the presumed location of the silver knights." Argas was brought back from his recollection by the sudden report and asked, "Did they found us out yet?"

"We believe, they havent spotted us yet." came the soldiers answer. 

Argas then ordered that as soon as the first carriage is above the walls, they are to immediately unload their cargo. 

Hazal is a 20 seasons old soldier of Sabrissia, a coachman of a floating carriage. He has been trained to steer this carriage. The height doesn't bother him and in fact, he enjoys it. He feels free up above the air. But now, he wished to set his foot back to the ground as soon as possible. His palms grew sweaty as they near the walls. He could now see the famed silver knights atop the walls. They really are indeed silver. But he wonders, they are now nearing yet none of them seems to notice them when even the sky is so clear. This might be trap he deduced himself. But what could he do? His orders are already handed and together with crew they fly nearer. 

"Wha.! What! Where does this fog came from!?  It's damn too thick! I can't see shit!" Shouted by one of his equally startled crewmate. As their floating carriage enters the outermost part of the wall, a thick fog suddenly appeared obscuring his vision towards the other floating carriage behind them. Panic begun to grip his heart, it is indeed a trap! He tried to open his mouth to join the panicking crew when a floating carriage appears from the fog equally confused. Then he switch his sight below, he was greeted by an equally shocked silver armoured knight. But the silver knight regained his composure as immediately as he showed his shocked and hit them with a magic flame in the form of arrow. It was too late. Only now did Hazal remembered his mission. The floating carriage's ball was struck by the flame arrow easily catching fire and they fell rapidly. The carriage carrying the bombs then exploded upon impact scattering dust and smoke everywhere. Hazal's mission was completed.

The same scenario happened with rest of the forward fleet. Some managed to unload their cargo but was struck before getting away and most was felled suffering the same fate of those of Hazal's crew.

The next wave came, they believed the forward fleet managed to do their job as they could see the thick smoke atop the walls and behind them. Magic and arrows still came hurtling towards their direction, but unlike earlier, their aim is everywhere. Some luckily hit but most missed.. This only signifies the effectivity of the first part of the plan. And so they landed on any visible footing they could see and disembarks the knights. The knights immediately assembled and charged through the smoke and beyond. Clanging of swords and cries of agony can be heard from beyond the smoke. The next batch arrived following the second's lead. One by one, the knights managed to land on the walls of gold. The walls is not only ridiculously high but wide enough to land their carriage and to stage a battle. The knight relished at the thought of having all of this soon enough.

And the last of the wave finally came. The landing operation suceeded. And came the billowing roar of their emperor.

"Chaarrrgee!!"

0