Ch 4 – An amusing ride
87 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, sorry, Nort."

"Don't apologize, it was my bad for picking such an odd nickname." He laughs wryly with his deep voice. He seems a little out of place with this kind of muscular body.

"I look out the window while smiling wryly. The bus is going up a slip-road, climbing onto the raised avenue. Dozens of humongous buildings like the one I came out of can be seen. I didn't get the scale of it when I saw it from my window because of the distance, but everything is massive! Enough I think you could live inside each of those buildings no problem. Even raising food in them!

As I look down, I realize the man who helped me is fiddling with his fingers. Eh... Oh, I see.
"Do you want me to add you as a friend?" I ask, realizing why he's nervous.

"Really?!" He asks with a broad smile on his face. "I mean, would you, please?" He immediately recovers his grandeur and asks me, very politely. Kyaaaa~! This is cute! If he was a cute little boy I'd be falling for him immediately!

"Of course!" I click the person icon next to the menu, which opens my profile. There's probably a friends button somewhere in here. There! Found it. A blank list appears in front of me and there is a small plus button to the side. I click it, and it asks me for the player's nick. I insert the one he told me, but...

<There is no Player with this Nickname>

"Eh... North... It didn't work, can you say your nick again?"

"Ah, sorry, it's StreetsNort, with an Uppercase N."

"Oh, I see... Streets Nort, right?"

"Yeah, pretty much. It should've been North, but young me misspelled it and it just stayed like that forever." He smiled wryly while scratching his head. I can guarantee you this is not how he looks like in real life. One hundred per cent~!

"It's done! Please accept it." I say towards him, before going back to look at the paisaje. I can kinda see him lifting the finger to say something, but he stays silent and just accepts my friend request. Ah... this looks so damn nice! I wonder what the inner part looks like. Too bad I sat on this side of the bus. I can't see the... Nevermind. The bus made a sharp turn as the avenue joined the main roadway. With this, I was now seeing the rich part of the city... Wow... It's the same view from my room but much closer. My room is probably on the 80th floor of that building. So, I had a pretty damn great view. Hold on. The buildings are that massive... Does it mean... Eh! How fast is this bus thing travelling!? Holy crap!

As I looked down towards the road I could see the average length tiles that made up the elevated road pass. They passed so fast I almost felt dizzy! This thing is going at over a hundred miles per hour! Jesus! I went back to look at the scenery to avoid getting dizzier... Going this fast ain't healthy! What if there was an accident? Ah. Wait a second. I'm inside a game. I almost forgot about that. It should be fine.

The buildings that began appearing were nothing like the huge concrete hunks for before. Their walls were lines in perfectly while tiles, as large as a house, and their windows had a bluish green tint. The pointy aspect of them pulled my attention to it's tip which ended very close to the transparent dome that covered the city.

Eh... A dome... I never heard of this...

As I looked up, pushing the side of my face against the glass, I was able to see that a huge dome covered the whole city. There was a tiny round thing at the very middle of it, over the Terrarium, but I couldn't see exactly what it was. It felt daunting that this whole city was kept inside of it, and I had no idea why. This world is so new, there's so much about it I don't know... My brain just went haywire, connecting all the information I had from the game materials and pre-launch data and the information I had just gotten to try and understand what the hell had happened and what was happening to this world as we speak. The lore is supposedly deep and has to be studied by us, the first players, as we explore and conquer the relics and remains of the fallen human civilization. I wonder what is out there... I know there's dungeons and PVE, but that's it.

Haaah... It's so exciting to discover all this new stuff at once. And it's just the beginning. There should be lots of things around. They said everything in this city is built and usable. Oh my, I wonder whether there are also creation skills and productivity ones. I'd love to aim for the top charts in uncommon and less popular professions. Do they even have a profession system? I need to check all that out later.
Skills... Oh, this area is still locked. Guess I'll only be able to see my class skills after the official beginning in a few minutes.

Oh my god... I'm so anxious to get to discover all the guns they have for us, especially the high tier PVP ones. They said all the PVP Guns were real life ones, but we know absolutely nothing about the PVE ones, nor about the improvements and things they have made for them. Ahhh! It's so much good stuff.

Eh. He's staring at me.

"Ah... Sorry... It's just that you looked like you were thinking about something very important." Nort said something very notable. I guess I look weird when I think. There's no way he finds me pretty or cute right? This flat chested me.

"Oh, sorry. I was thinking about the lore of this world. I just noticed we are under a dome of sorts and was thinking about that."

"Really!?" I froze as he jumped onto me, but relaxed as I realized he was just going towards the window over me. "Woooow~! This place looks amazing! And it really is there! The dome thing!" He looks pretty cute despite the muscles when he behaves like this. Wow. It's nice to think such a guy exists in this kind of game... But I can see him being beaten for doing this with another girl. I guess he's just tactless.

While we thought and small-talked about the dome and how nice everything looked, the bus arrived at its destination, stopping in front of the main entrance of the Terrarium.

10